Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12837311

Subject: "How the hell does this even happen? re: New Orleans cop shooting" Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 02:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How the hell does this even happen? re: New Orleans cop shooting"

This shit sounds shady as fuck...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/20/us/new-orleans-police-officer-killed/index.html

Suspect in New Orleans cop killing had access to guns in patrol car, police say
By Kevin Conlon, CNN
Updated 4:19 PM ET, Sun June 21, 2015

Travis Boys is captured 24 hours after allegedly killing a NOLA police officer during a jail transfer
Boys somehow had accesss to two guns that were found in the dead officer's patrol car, police say

(CNN)The man accused of killing a New Orleans police officer on Saturday apparently had access to two guns at the time of the slaying -- even though he had been searched and was handcuffed and in the backseat of a squad car, police said Sunday.

"We realize that's an obvious issue," New Orleans Police Chief Michael Harrison said at a news conference. "We're going to get to the bottom of that."

Travis Boys, 33, was being taken to jail early Saturday by Officer Daryle Holloway when Holloway was shot dead. Boys fled the scene and was the focus of a "relentless" 24-hour manhunt before he was taken into custody Sunday morning as he was attempting to board a bus, police said.

Harrison said Sunday that Boys will be charged with first degree murder in the death of Holloway, who was 45.

"From the moment that this tragic event happened, we brought together ... many people and resources to track down this suspect and bring him to justice," Harrison said Sunday.

But the question remained how Boys could have managed access to two weapons found at the scene of the killing -- a .38-caliber handgun that had been the reason Boys was arrested on Friday night, and a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson believed to have been used to shoot Holloway. Both weapons were recovered in Holloway's patrol car, and the officer's gun was still in its holster, police said.

Boys had been arrested Friday night for aggravated assault in an incident in which he allegedly fired a .38-caliber weapon, according to NOPD. "Night watch officers at the 5th District Station frisked Boys for any weapons and subsequently turned Boys over to the day watch to transport Boys to the Orleans Parish Prison," police said in a statement.

The task of transferring Boys to Orleans Parish Prison fell to Holloway, a 22-year NOPD veteran.

Before the four-mile ride from the district station to the jail concluded, Holloway was dead, and Boys was missing.

Police believe Boys used the Smith & Wesson to kill Holloway. "How Boys was able to retrieve this weapon is still under investigation," read a statement from police.

When police arrested him Sunday morning, Boys was still wearing the remnants of "busted" handcuffs, the chief said. As to how Boys managed to free his hands, "we don't know," Harrison said.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
anything is possible, but i really want to understand how this could hap...
Jun 23rd 2015
The million dollar question that has yet to be answered...HTF does
Jun 23rd 2015
that's all i can think of...that the gun(s) were already back there.
Jun 23rd 2015
he had the gun they arrsted him *with* a day earlier....
Jun 23rd 2015
i'm not believing any of it
Jun 23rd 2015
right, either these cops were some real life Barney Fife's or there's...
Jun 23rd 2015
      i dont understand how the officer was shot in the chest and...
Jun 23rd 2015

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 02:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "anything is possible, but i really want to understand how this could hap..."
In response to Reply # 0

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 03:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "The million dollar question that has yet to be answered...HTF does "
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jun-23-15 03:25 PM by vee-lover

the cop NOT notice a m'fing 40 cal glock when he searched this dude

Well a dude told me last night that a lot of the cops here in NO carry a burner that's unregistered in case they have to shoot a dude and don't want to fire their own weapon

they said the suspect didn't take the officer's gun...so how did he get a gun?

They're also portraying this cop as a good cop who had a good relationship with the community he policed...but some ppl have told me not to buy into that because this guy was on the force for 22 yrs which means he's seen a lot of foul shit since he's been on the force, including Katrina when the police were completely doing a lot of lawless stuff...

I don't know what happened but I do want to know how this dude had a 40 cal on him if that was the case

grassrootsphilosopher

PROMO
Charter member
30976 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 03:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "that's all i can think of...that the gun(s) were already back there."
In response to Reply # 2

how they got there? dunno.

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 03:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "he had the gun they arrsted him *with* a day earlier.... "
In response to Reply # 0

... AND another one he used to actually shoot the cop (while handcuffed)?

yeah

that is whatever the level beyond fishy is

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 03:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "i'm not believing any of it"
In response to Reply # 0

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 03:26 PM

6. "right, either these cops were some real life Barney Fife's or there's..."
In response to Reply # 5

a whole lot more to this story that isn't being told

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 03:36 PM

7. "i dont understand how the officer was shot in the chest and..."
In response to Reply # 6

how he can escape through the grate in the squad car.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12837311 Previous topic | Next topic