Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12837250

Subject: "Today is Day 7 of the 22-Day Revolution Diet (a'la Beyonce)" Previous topic | Next topic
Very-Effortless
Member since May 07th 2011
7452 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 01:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Today is Day 7 of the 22-Day Revolution Diet (a'la Beyonce)"

I don't think I've ever gone 7 days without eating meat since I've had teeth.

I've worked out 6 of the 7 days... ran about 3 miles each day and also did some resistance training on two of the days.

6.5 lbs dropped so far. I've never dropped weight so fast and I don't know if it is healthy.... probably won't be able to maintain that rate of loss.

and I haven't felt hungry yet. I'm not 100% on the plan to be honest. Some recipes I liked, I repeated. Some that I didn't like, I have not done again.

My energy level has been crazy high. I am NOT a morning person and I haven't been able to sleep past 6am yet. Also, (not to be crass) my digestive system is running like a well-oiled engine.

The challenge will be Thursday and Friday when I travel for work, especially since I'm going to St. Louis and there is at least one fancy dinner at a steakhouse on the itinerary. My strategy is salad and sides. I had a date last Saturday and that's what I did to stick to the diet... ordered a salad, mushrooms and brussel sprouts.

I also made some vegan cookies Saturday that were good as well. Not in the recipe book, but I was reaching my breaking point where if I didn't have something sweet I was going to eat something REALLY bad.

I'm going to see how the next two weeks go, but I'm toying with the idea of eating vegan (or at least vegetarian) Monday through Friday and adding fish on the weekend.

Anyways... ask me questions about it or make fun of me for doing a diet promoted by Beyonce.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Green Mile is a movie where the magical black man wrongly dies and the white man who let it happen lives forever.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
how much does it cost?
Jun 23rd 2015
I'm not doing the meal-service one... I just bought the book for $14.99
Jun 23rd 2015
      thank you for sharing
Jun 23rd 2015
does it tell you how many grams of protein you consume per meal?
Jun 23rd 2015
I have no idea. I haven't really been tracking
Jun 23rd 2015
Cool
Jun 23rd 2015
Re: Food Cost & Serving Size
Jun 23rd 2015
i feel like every woman around me is obsessed with losing weight
Jun 23rd 2015
^^^^^nm
Jun 24th 2015
Having better knowledge of overall nutrition
Jun 24th 2015
A few questions...
Jun 23rd 2015
RE: A few questions...
Jun 24th 2015
you can't lose a pound of fat per day
Jun 24th 2015
exercise, water weight, natural weight fluctuation...
Jun 24th 2015
      yeah..i downloaded the book and will make the food..with a side
Jun 24th 2015
      The fat in the avocado goes a long way to feeling full
Jun 24th 2015
      meat is the healthiest food there is
Jun 24th 2015
RE: Today is Day 7 of the 22-Day Revolution Diet (a'la Beyonce)
Jun 24th 2015

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 01:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "how much does it cost?"
In response to Reply # 0

what made you decide to try it?

______
gnap.

Very-Effortless
7452 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 02:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm not doing the meal-service one... I just bought the book for $14.99"
In response to Reply # 1

Groceries for the diet are manageable. The first trip to whole foods was pretty expensive but that's because I had to load up on non-gluten flours and other pantry items that a non-vegan household wouldn't normally have.

bi-weekly groceries are about $100-$125, but mostly because produce is expensive.

Why I started - A couple of reasons
1) My exercise regimen has been together for months now... I run 3 miles no less than 3-4 days a week, work out with a personal trainer weekly, take a couple of fitness classes... but even being in the gym that often, I was seeing more definition but not really seeing the scale move. I knew my diet was shitty and I wanted to change it. My PCP gave me a nutritionist to see, but I figured I'd try this before I make that leap.

2) i'm lactose intolerant and I have had a suspicion for a while that I'm gluten sensitive. My GI once put me on a low-fob diet but it was too damn restrictive of the different fruits and vegetables you could have so I couldn't deal with it. I figured going vegan and then slowly introducing gluten and lactose and meat back into my diet will allow me to discover who the offenders to my digestive track are.

3) colon cancer runs in my family. Mom had it. Grandfather had it twice. A vegetarian diet has been linked to lowering colon cancer risk. I still get my colonoscopies, but whatever I can do to prolong the lifespan of this body is a good thing.

4) I read some reviews of bloggers who tried the 22 day diet and they talked about the same factors I'm experiencing: high energy, quick weight-loss, fewer GI problems, etc... and I figured 22-days isn't a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Green Mile is a movie where the magical black man wrongly dies and the white man who let it happen lives forever.

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 02:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "thank you for sharing"
In response to Reply # 2

______
gnap.

nayaa
Member since Oct 06th 2009
20190 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 02:33 PM

3. "does it tell you how many grams of protein you consume per meal?"
In response to Reply # 0

what seems to be the main source of protein?

~
IG: @fireysky

Very-Effortless
7452 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 02:41 PM

4. "I have no idea. I haven't really been tracking"
In response to Reply # 3

My main source of protein is probably quinoa, lentils and beans.

And almonds... I eat at least a handful of almonds a day and I also eat an almond butter sandwich on days where I have resistance training.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Novembersgift
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16972 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 03:06 PM

6. "Cool"
In response to Reply # 0

not a lot of questions but definitely interested. I was considering this after reading some reviews from bloggers/journalists who've tried both the meal delivery service and the diet by the book. 22 days seems doable and I occasionally eat vegan by accident so I figure what's a bit more intention. Very helpful to hear about the cost.

one question: how do you feel the book does with serving sizes? I read some reviews on amazon where a bunch of folks were upset that some recipes seemed like they were made for two whereas others were made for four or more people. Considering the expense of the ingredients and the shelf-life of some dishes, I could see how folks wouldn't want to make more than they could/should eat in one sitting. Thoughts?

Interested to hear how this progresses, especially around social events. Sidenote: are you much of a social drinker? If so, finding issues?

Very-Effortless
7452 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 03:48 PM

7. "Re: Food Cost & Serving Size"
In response to Reply # 6
Tue Jun-23-15 03:55 PM by Very-Effortless

The one thing that kept my food cost low is the serving size issue. If I was STICKING to the plan, my bi-weekly cost would probably be around $250. But being that the servings are SO MUCH for each meal, I've been able to extend a week of groceries to two weeks.

>one question: how do you feel the book does with serving
>sizes? I read some reviews on amazon where a bunch of folks
>were upset that some recipes seemed like they were made for
>two whereas others were made for four or more people.
>Considering the expense of the ingredients and the shelf-life
>of some dishes, I could see how folks wouldn't want to make
>more than they could/should eat in one sitting. Thoughts?

Yeah, the serving sizes are ridiculous
A lot of the recipes are for at least two people. It's a major reason why I'm still in the first week of recipes even though I'm going into the second week. I'm not one to waste food, so I've been carrying over some dinners to also be lunch the next day and some lunches to also be dinners. Even the green breakfast smoothie recipe is enough for two days. I kind of see it is a blessing and a curse cause while I'm technically off the exact diet, I am adhering to the spirit of it and it saved me money cause I didn't have to do any major grocery shopping this week... just got some more fruit, nuts and almond milk.

>Interested to hear how this progresses, especially around
>social events. Sidenote: are you much of a social drinker? If
>so, finding issues?

So you're not supposed to drink at all. But the reason he gives for it is because people snack when they drink. I don't really do that... It's like a glass of wine with dinner or whatnot. Since I've started the diet, I've had two glasses of wine (one with dinner, one on a drinks date) and some Mezcal (cause it was Saturday and I got a bottle for my birthday the prior week). It hasn't slowed down my progress.

While I'm not much of a social drink, work puts me in a lot of drinking situations, especially since my client is an alcohol brand. But, I long ago learned the fine art of nursing one drink for a couple of hours. If at a work function, I can easily say "I'm not drinking due to a diet" and people will leave it alone. But if I'm on a date, I'm not going to not have a glass of wine. I'll really discover if I'm bout that life at Makossa on Saturday I suppose. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

decaturpsalm
Member since Apr 24th 2005
19268 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 04:23 PM

8. "i feel like every woman around me is obsessed with losing weight"
In response to Reply # 0

and reading things like this kinda substantiates it
cleanses..detoxes..military diets, meal planning etc
maybe i just feel most women i know doin these things
dont need it

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 04:21 AM

11. "^^^^^nm"
In response to Reply # 8

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

Numba_33
Charter member
19333 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 09:43 AM

15. "Having better knowledge of overall nutrition"
In response to Reply # 8

and having the discipline to go through with a sensible diet is a good thing IMO. But being obsessed or feeling bad because you don't measure up to the size of a celeb is pretty unhealthy on a mental level.

A Sizzle
Member since Jul 28th 2008
1644 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 10:10 PM

9. "A few questions..."
In response to Reply # 0

How long does it take to prepare the meals?

Have any of the ingredients been hard to find?

What's something that the diet restricts that you frequently ate? (aside from meat)

Is it easier or harder than you imagined?

http://www.mixcloud.com/adotsizzle/

Very-Effortless
7452 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 04:04 PM

18. "RE: A few questions..."
In response to Reply # 9

>How long does it take to prepare the meals?
between 15-60 minutes... depends on what it is.

>Have any of the ingredients been hard to find?
Nope. Anything I couldn't get at my local grocery store I was able to easily locate at whole foods.

>What's something that the diet restricts that you frequently
>ate? (aside from meat)
Nothing really. I've stuck mostly to the letter of the diet with the exception of the almond butter cookies, but those were vegan.

>Is it easier or harder than you imagined?
It's easier than I imagined. I definitely didn't think I could make it without meat for this long. Moreover, I didn't think I could consistently workout without eating meat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 02:22 AM

10. "you can't lose a pound of fat per day"
In response to Reply # 0

unless you are working out 6-8 hours a day, and no one can do that without destroying their body or being an elite athlete who wouldn't have to do some sort of lifestyle challenge in the first place.. for reference a pound of fat is 3,500 calories. I have no doubt that you weigh 6-7 pounds less than you did when you started, just don't think that kind of result is lasting.

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 08:50 AM

13. "exercise, water weight, natural weight fluctuation..."
In response to Reply # 10

plus she's probably consuming half the calories she normally does...and way less sugar.

I actually don't think meat is the problem in most people's diets. It's portion sizes and eating unhealthy. you can eat healthy balanced meals with meat and get the same results.

nayaa
Member since Oct 06th 2009
20190 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 08:56 AM

14. "yeah..i downloaded the book and will make the food..with a side"
In response to Reply # 13

of lean meat lol

some of those dinners..iono how VE isn't killing someone in a hungry rage. kudos to her.

one of 'em is avocado & tomato & artichoke hearts. thassit. i can't. but with a side of 4oz of grilled chicken? perfect lol

~
IG: @fireysky

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 12:13 PM

16. "The fat in the avocado goes a long way to feeling full"
In response to Reply # 14

>of lean meat lol
>
>some of those dinners..iono how VE isn't killing someone in a
>hungry rage. kudos to her.
>
>one of 'em is avocado & tomato & artichoke hearts. thassit. i
>can't. but with a side of 4oz of grilled chicken? perfect lol
>

Not physically full but satisfied.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 02:01 PM

17. "meat is the healthiest food there is"
In response to Reply # 13

it's all the other crap people eat along with it. I guarantee if you were stuck in some remote location for a month or two and could only choose one food you better pick beef jerky over lettuce. This is coming from someone who eats more vegetables than most vegetarians or vegans btw.

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 08:38 AM

12. "RE: Today is Day 7 of the 22-Day Revolution Diet (a'la Beyonce)"
In response to Reply # 0

Any meat headaches?!

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Lobby General Discussion topic #12837250 Previous topic | Next topic