Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12833975

Subject: "Let's document in real time how the media spins this tragedy ...." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44619 posts
Thu Jun-18-15 12:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Let's document in real time how the media spins this tragedy ...."

I'd just like to see if we can document in real time how different media outlets play this story out over the next few days. weeks. months. I'm curious if documenting it and logging it will allow for a decent evaluation of how the major and minor outlets report based on their political and cultural leanings.

Hope this doesn't get deleted....i'd like to see it stand as more of an experiment/research tool rather than actual discussion of the murdering....

"Get ready..for your blessing..."

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
point 1..OKP is where I 1st heard about it
Jun 18th 2015
Huffington Post: Early AM on 9/18/15
Jun 18th 2015
we already do this (in real time)...
Jun 18th 2015

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu Jun-18-15 12:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "point 1..OKP is where I 1st heard about it"
In response to Reply # 0

not exactly a media outlet but...

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44619 posts
Thu Jun-18-15 12:29 PM

2. "Huffington Post: Early AM on 9/18/15"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jun-18-15 12:29 PM by FLUIDJ

I first read about it around 5:45am on 6/18. Huffington Post title was simply Charleston Church Shooting: 9 Dead at Historic Black Church. Simply described him as a white man. No additional information about the suspect had been released to the public at this time.

"Get ready..for your blessing..."

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Thu Jun-18-15 12:30 PM

3. "we already do this (in real time)..."
In response to Reply # 0

..by talking about the issues and the media coverage on OKP and other social networks.

*inbox*

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Lobby General Discussion topic #12833975 Previous topic | Next topic