Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12831945

Subject: "TYSON VS. TONEY" Previous topic | Next topic
Tommy-B
Member since Mar 03rd 2013
524 posts
Tue Jun-16-15 01:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"TYSON VS. TONEY"

please, please, please don't make this happen. i'm still gonna
watch it if it does... but still, please no.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/16/8789347/mike-tyson-to-come-out-of-retirement-to-face-james-toney

I've heard a couple rumors about this recently, but now that they seem to be picking up steam I might as well dish the dirt. Word has it that Mike Tyson will be coming out of retirement to fight James Toney in what would surely be an undeniable spectacle (for better or for worse, most likely worse). A source close to James Toney tells Ellie Seckback that the fight is nearly 90% done, regardless of how unimaginable that is.

Tyson hasn't fought in 10 years since losing to Kevin McBride by TKO. Toney is still somewhat plugging away, despite not having fought in a year-and-a-half when he lost a majority three-round decision to Jason Gavern. If this fight were to actually happen, somehow, could either guy even go more than three rounds? Oh brother...

In the Seckbach video, Gabe Rosado was also present to hear the "news," and offered a succinct reaction.

"People gonna talk shit, but people gonna watch regardless," said Rosado.

"I love both of them. Those are real fighters. At the end of the day, James Toney, definitely one of my all-time. He's definitely on my top 5, and Mike is one of the best."

Even if the fight is supposedly 90% done, I'd be willing to bet there's still a 90% possibility that it falls through anyhow. But let me ask you all, even if you're disgusted with the premise of the fight, how many of you would still tune in to see it?

If you're innocent, be cool.
Only the guilty's catchin' offence.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
this was meant for OKS
Jun 16th 2015
It'd be more interesting if it were a streetfight lol
Jun 16th 2015
Ol Sitting Bull in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show ass niggas
Jun 16th 2015

Tommy-B
Member since Mar 03rd 2013
524 posts
Tue Jun-16-15 01:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "this was meant for OKS"
In response to Reply # 0

apologies.

If you're innocent, be cool.
Only the guilty's catchin' offence.

vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Tue Jun-16-15 01:16 PM

2. "It'd be more interesting if it were a streetfight lol"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jun-16-15 01:35 PM by vee-lover

Neither of these dudes could do anything in a ring anymore

grassrootsphilosopher

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Tue Jun-16-15 01:19 PM

3. "Ol Sitting Bull in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show ass niggas"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #12831945 Previous topic | Next topic