Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12828180

Subject: "Does anyone know a good braider in Brooklyn or Harlem?" Previous topic | Next topic
Sarah_Bellum
Charter member
7489 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 09:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Does anyone know a good braider in Brooklyn or Harlem?"

Cheap, reliable and available asap.

DJTB YOMM

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I ALWAYS go to my African lady in Harlem on 123rd and 7th Ave...
Jun 11th 2015
Mbadinga's hair braiding off the Kingston Stop on the C train in BK
Jun 11th 2015
you ever do your own Marley?
Jun 11th 2015
      i don't do my own because I'm lazy LOL...no but
Jun 11th 2015

ThisIs_ATruthThang
Member since Nov 16th 2003
11678 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 10:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I ALWAYS go to my African lady in Harlem on 123rd and 7th Ave..."
In response to Reply # 0

She's the best for the lowest I've found. NOW here's the thing, I only go to one lady. I don't know her name though!!!! The only thing I can tell you is that she's fairly dark skin, thin, and taller. She's not hard to spot though because she's the only tall, thin one in there.

Or you can walk in and ask to speak to Kwamee and mention my name Sade. She should hook you up.

My braids be fly. I pay $120 for my long Senegalese twists.

Somebody's lying...

@Atruelady Twitter/ @Sweetesttaboos Instagram

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 11:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Mbadinga's hair braiding off the Kingston Stop on the C train in BK"
In response to Reply # 0

I promise you, they are fast and reasonably priced. Everyone I refer to them is beyond happy with the results. I get my marley braids from them and they take less than 3 hours (1 girl) and charge $140 (with the hair). But if you catch them at the right time, you can bargain down prices...I once got some nice box braids from them for $80 and it took less than 4 hours. That's how they got me hooked.

They do everything, ghana braids, crochet braids, everything. And it's CHEAP. And they have at least 15 braiders there on the weekend.

teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 12:39 PM

3. "you ever do your own Marley?"
In response to Reply # 2

it wasn't 3 hours but i did my own twice last summer.
i get bored w/ braids so fast i'd hate myself for taking them out so fast after dropping $$

the times i did them were 'stay at home and netflix' nights anyway

if you do your own i want hair recs lol

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Thu Jun-11-15 03:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "i don't do my own because I'm lazy LOL...no but"
In response to Reply # 3

I just can't put that type of time in...I use to do my own micros years and years ago, it would be days long. but now that I make enough money to pay someone I don't bother.

But the Janet Collection and Batik reggae hair are really good. There's another pack I got recently for making buns and things thats awesome but I can't remember the name. i will come back with it.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12828180 Previous topic | Next topic