Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12825263

Subject: "Anybody else like to explore what businesses are in office buildings dow..." Previous topic | Next topic
Nvncible1
Member since Jun 17th 2011
1900 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 03:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anybody else like to explore what businesses are in office buildings dow..."

Sometimes I like to stroll up in those tall office buildings and see what different companies are in there. Look like I got business there and blend in a bit. I want to actually do some work with a couple companies I saw buried in some of these buildings but Im a little stuck on how to progress to the next step in terms of making an introduction.

I could just send an email but Im sure id get lost in the shuffle, don't even know if they're "hiring" so to speak.

But yeah, anybody had any luck walking upon a business?

(This is HBO btw...I didn't know they had an "Office" in Atlanta)

whats My next step.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
we got Otis working security. you wouldnt get far in my building...
Jun 08th 2015
I would like to, but I'm Black
Jun 08th 2015
. . .
Jun 08th 2015
I must be uppity lol
Jun 08th 2015
In the mid-90's, I used to be in a whole lot of NYC buildings
Jun 08th 2015
Your next step is LinkedIn.
Jun 08th 2015
^ i was hired to work at a media company via a recruiter.
Jun 08th 2015
      I was also hired to work at a media company via a recruiter.
Jun 08th 2015

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 03:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "we got Otis working security. you wouldnt get far in my building..."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 03:56 PM

2. "I would like to, but I'm Black"
In response to Reply # 0

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 03:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. ". . ."
In response to Reply # 0

https://careers.timewarner.com/TGWebHost/searchresults.aspx?partnerid=391&siteID=36&Function=runquery&AgentID=4594671&codes=XXXX

fuck you.

Nvncible1
Member since Jun 17th 2011
1900 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 04:30 PM

4. "I must be uppity lol"
In response to Reply # 0

I get in where I fit in.

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 05:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "In the mid-90's, I used to be in a whole lot of NYC buildings"
In response to Reply # 0

esp. that Viacom building in Times Square where the MTV offices were.

One morning, a lady who worked there was opening up the door to the whole VH1 office (not just her personal office) I'm standing right there with her and entered in with her too.

Those were the days.

b.Touch
Member since Jun 28th 2011
20514 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 06:36 PM

6. "Your next step is LinkedIn."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jun-08-15 06:37 PM by b.Touch

The people who do hiring for these sorts of companies tend to pull talent from recruitment firms; 70% or so of the time, they don't hire directly. In the cases where they do hire directly, it's typically for people with significant amounts of experience, or the company is hiring people on contract (temporary) themselves.

If you wanna work in these places, you need to sign up with some of these recruitment/temp agencies and get your resume/edit reel game together. The Creative Group, for example. Walking in the office, provided you found it, isn't going to get you much of anything than a smile, a handshake, and an empty exchange.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 06:39 PM

7. "^ i was hired to work at a media company via a recruiter."
In response to Reply # 6

yes, this was about 15 yrs ago. but that's how i got the gig. i too have heard that is standard practice.

it makes sense too - those companies get thousands of resume submissions from randoes b/c their addresses are posted all over the place - on the back of every DVD, book, CD, record, et al. sorting through all of that mess is quite a task. they tend to hire a 3rd party to handle that part of the screening.

fuck you.

b.Touch
Member since Jun 28th 2011
20514 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 06:47 PM

8. "I was also hired to work at a media company via a recruiter."
In response to Reply # 7

Lobby General Discussion topic #12825263 Previous topic | Next topic