Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12824774

Subject: "Mentally ill man must be punished for stabbing white girl" Previous topic | Next topic
John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mentally ill man must be punished for stabbing white girl"

A couple years ago, a deranged homeless man stabbed four people in and in front of a Target near my house.

Last week, a jury found him not guilty, by reason of insanity of stabbing three men (two of whom I've confirmed to be black, no info on the third). The SAME JURY, in the SAME CASE found the defendant guilty but mentally ill. Meaning, he was too crazy to know what he was doing when he stabbed them niggers, but he shoulda known better to stab that white girl, and needs to be punished.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2015/06/04/Mixed-verdict-delivered-against-man-in-East-Liberty-Target-stabbing/stories/201506040230

BTW, VERY few of the articles written about the incident, from the time of the stabbings, through the trial name the other victims, and none have pictures.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
he held her hostage though.
Jun 08th 2015
the girl was the 2nd person stabbed though
Jun 08th 2015
      not lucidity, exactly.
Jun 08th 2015
           thank you, but I've taken comfort in my outrage
Jun 08th 2015
           word up.
Jun 08th 2015
           don't let lawyers fool you, it's mostly lingo & guess work
Jun 08th 2015
                it's all a house of cards, my man.
Jun 08th 2015
                     that or i'm still bitter that i failed at becoming one myself
Jun 08th 2015
           its pittsburgh, she is white, they can relate to her pain.. the end.
Jun 08th 2015
                oh okay.
Jun 08th 2015
I never understood the insanity defense.
Jun 08th 2015
I never understood the insanity defense.
Jun 08th 2015
Nah, I get it. some people are just too crazy to know what they're doing
Jun 08th 2015

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "he held her hostage though."
In response to Reply # 0

he stabbed the other 3 w/o holding them hostage - some of them were trying to rescue the hostage. the taking of the hostage seemed to require more thought and concerted effort than stabbing the men who were trying to rescue the hostage. i think the jury is saying he held that woman hostage b/c he's mentally-ill...and he stabbed those ppl w/b-c he was crazy.

it's weird - but i think they were trying to be sure the defendant is incarcerated and receives mental health treatment.

fuck you.

John Forte
15361 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "the girl was the 2nd person stabbed though"
In response to Reply # 1

Stabbed one going in, stabbed the girl, stabbed two on the way out. So he had a moment of lucidity when he attached her?

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "not lucidity, exactly."
In response to Reply # 2

but something other than insanity.

if he hadn't held her hostage i wonder what their verdict would've been.

they 'split the baby' here - as juries often do when they understand the prosecution has proved its case but they seem to feel sorry for the defendant for some reason or another. they'll convict on some charge(s) and acquit on other(s). we may not ever understand why unless jurors are willing to talk about it.

fuck you.

John Forte
15361 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:20 AM

4. "thank you, but I've taken comfort in my outrage"
In response to Reply # 3

and no amount of legal expertise will change that. "Cism!

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:20 AM

5. "word up."
In response to Reply # 4

fuck you.

philpot
Member since Apr 01st 2007
21673 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:36 AM

10. "don't let lawyers fool you, it's mostly lingo & guess work"
In response to Reply # 4

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:42 AM

11. "it's all a house of cards, my man."
In response to Reply # 10

you stay woke!

fuck you.

philpot
Member since Apr 01st 2007
21673 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:58 AM

12. "that or i'm still bitter that i failed at becoming one myself"
In response to Reply # 11

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79616 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:22 AM

6. "its pittsburgh, she is white, they can relate to her pain.. the end."
In response to Reply # 3

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:22 AM

7. "oh okay."
In response to Reply # 6

fuck you.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:23 AM

"I never understood the insanity defense. "

I mean I understand the thought behind it, but never found it convincing reason not to punish someone for most crimes.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49420 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:23 AM

8. "I never understood the insanity defense. "
In response to Reply # 0

I mean I understand the thought behind it, but never found it convincing reason not to punish someone for most crimes.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

John Forte
15361 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 11:35 AM

9. "Nah, I get it. some people are just too crazy to know what they're doing"
In response to Reply # 8

those people need treatment more than punishment. That's different from a serial killer type, who while also crazy, know EXACTLY what they're doing and need to be punished.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12824774 Previous topic | Next topic