Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12824447

Subject: "Let's take a look at two different radio fests in Jersey, shall we?" Previous topic | Next topic
CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Sun Jun-07-15 10:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Let's take a look at two different radio fests in Jersey, shall we?"

Concert one: http://njpovertyreality.com/2015/05/31/camden-shouldnt-tolerate-92-5-xtus-concert-goers/

Concert two: http://www.northjersey.com/news/summer-jam-concertgoers-police-clash-at-metlife-stadium-reports-say-1.1351014

'Merica.

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I think this site could eventually just become these disparity posts.
Jun 07th 2015
I'm just exhausted that nothing ever happens
Jun 07th 2015
      It's like our daily reminder.
Jun 07th 2015
Having this discussion right now
Jun 07th 2015
ahem...
Jun 07th 2015
The video states there were 100 arrests
Jun 08th 2015
RE: The video states there were 100 arrests
Jun 08th 2015
Man, that ain't nothing. You didn't hear about this?? *swipe*
Jun 08th 2015
      Well, that pretty much sums it up
Jun 08th 2015
      *Answers honestly*
Jun 08th 2015
           the rage I feel is the court-level NGAF
Jun 08th 2015
      Damn, Kenny Chesney Sure Brings Out the White Rage
Jun 08th 2015
           Chesney concerts in the Burgh are what XTU shows are in Philly
Jun 08th 2015

Doronmonkflake
Member since Jan 10th 2007
11078 posts
Sun Jun-07-15 10:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I think this site could eventually just become these disparity posts."
In response to Reply # 0

And I'd be fine with that, but how do we actually make a difference?

Da bayball, babeh. (c) Charlie Kelly.

CaptNish
14495 posts
Sun Jun-07-15 11:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I'm just exhausted that nothing ever happens"
In response to Reply # 1

That people can watch the same things and not see it.

_

Doronmonkflake
11078 posts
Sun Jun-07-15 11:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "It's like our daily reminder."
In response to Reply # 2

Don't forget, you're still 3/5.

Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Sun Jun-07-15 11:46 PM

4. "Having this discussion right now"
In response to Reply # 0

differences in media coverage
difference in police response

100's of officers, including some in riot gear called in @ the black show

3rd major incident @ the country show in the last 5 years, minimal police presence.

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

neuro_OSX
Member since Oct 29th 2004
1157 posts
Sun Jun-07-15 11:47 PM

5. "ahem..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jun-07-15 11:49 PM by neuro_OSX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUxzci7d8g

no mention of a single arrest... just a big o party.. SMH

"You used to be so cool, but now, you know you're so cold"

Selassie I God
Member since Feb 21st 2006
10355 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 12:10 AM

6. "The video states there were 100 arrests"
In response to Reply # 5

@ :35

____
Some will tell you that they love you but they've got an ulterior motive - Oh what a shame
They will tell you that they need you but they've got an ulterior motive - Personal gain

(c) Luciano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg0-qndkemo

neuro_OSX
Member since Oct 29th 2004
1157 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 12:19 AM

7. "RE: The video states there were 100 arrests"
In response to Reply # 6

thanx, my bad I missed that.. though no SWAT, MRAP, tear gas or riot gear response teams.

"You used to be so cool, but now, you know you're so cold"

CaptNish
14495 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 12:22 AM

8. "Man, that ain't nothing. You didn't hear about this?? *swipe*"
In response to Reply # 5

http://www.wtae.com/news/local-man-charged-in-racerelated-incident-near-downtown-railroad-tracks/33395980

Police: Man tossed off platform onto T tracks in race-related assault
Ryan Kyle accused of throwing Kevin Lockett onto tracks at Wood Street station, police say
UPDATED 7:10 PM EDT Jun 04, 2015

PITTSBURGH —Police credit a gutsy witness for leading to the arrest of a 21-year-old man suspected of throwing a black man onto the tracks at a downtown T station in an assault they said appears to have been fueled by alcohol and racism.

Police said the witness not only saw the victim get thrown onto the rails and beaten unconscious Saturday night, she followed the suspects out of the Wood Street station and into the streets, where officers were waiting.

"In my 21 years here, this is one of worst attacks I've seen," Port Authority Police Assistant Chief Matt Porter said, referring to surveillance video that shows Kevin Lockett, 55, being grabbed and tossed off a platform.

VIDEO: Watch the report by Laurie Penco

According to the criminal complaint, Ryan Kyle and four friends who were headed home from the Kenny Chesney concert had argued with Lockett on the T. When they got off at Wood Street, words continued to be exchanged and Kyle allegedly threw Lockett onto the tracks, police said.

Once Lockett was down on the rails, one of the people with Kyle stood at the edge of the platform so the man could not climb to safety, according to the complaint.

Lockett eventually got back up to the platform, only to be beaten by Kyle as the suspect's friends stopped him and robbed him, police said.

In the complaint, a police officer wrote that the suspects "were very upset and wanted to know why they were being stopped" when he found them at a bus stop on Sixth Avenue near Smithfield Street.

"I addressed them as a group and informed them we were investigating an assault that had just taken place on the platform at Wood Street," the complaint said. "Kyle stated that he was the one who hit the guy, and 'who cares it was only a (n-word).'"

Another man with Kyle said, "I don't know why you are making a big deal about this, he is a crackhead (n-word)," according to the complaint.

"There were some racial terms during and after with one of our officers, all directed at the victim," Porter said.

Lockett was in too much pain to be interviewed by Pittsburgh's Action News 4 on Thursday. He was awaiting surgery for several broken bones in his face, but he said there's no doubt that his attackers came after him because of race.

"It's obvious," Lockett said.

An online criminal docket shows that Kyle, of Baldwin Borough, is scheduled for a preliminary hearing June 17 on charges of attempted homicide, ethnic intimidation, aggravated assault, robbery, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. Online court records don't list an attorney who can comment on the charges.

The other suspects who were with Kyle are not charged with ethnic intimidation but are facing charges related to the attack on Lockett.

_

Doronmonkflake
11078 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 12:39 AM

9. "Well, that pretty much sums it up"
In response to Reply # 8

We're not facing a potential holocaust or anything like that, just the constant state of reconstruction after the fallout of 400 years of existence at the floor of the status quo.

We've been free about 1/3 as long as we were enslaved. Why are we shocked that these social presets are still so many people's default?

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28856 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 01:25 AM

11. "*Answers honestly*"
In response to Reply # 9

>We've been free about 1/3 as long as we were enslaved. Why are
>we shocked that these social presets are still so many
>people's default?

It's 2015 and we thought they'd at least respect the fear of the law. By 2015 we thought they'd have gotten it out of their system. I spent time in Pittsburgh and it's not post racial.

It's one thing to feel some of this stuff goes on but it's another to deal with it daily and have to teach your seeds how to operate in this environment.

Doronmonkflake
11078 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 03:35 AM

12. " the rage I feel is the court-level NGAF"
In response to Reply # 11

Like there's no help coming from anywhere. No Pearl Harbor to galvanize American action. No skinny mustachioed despots to depose.

The jackboots on our throats are paid for with our own dollars and the courts cosign it.

What are we supposed to do?

Where are we supposed to go?

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 01:24 AM

10. "Damn, Kenny Chesney Sure Brings Out the White Rage"
In response to Reply # 8

I gotta check his lyrics

CaptNish
14495 posts
Mon Jun-08-15 03:41 PM

13. "Chesney concerts in the Burgh are what XTU shows are in Philly"
In response to Reply # 10

Mass pandemonium

_

Lobby General Discussion topic #12824447 Previous topic | Next topic