Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12820248

Subject: "What's your MO with unwanted street dealers?" Previous topic | Next topic
jesustrauss
Member since Jul 20th 2006
1839 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What's your MO with unwanted street dealers?"

Two weeks ago I stopped by a neighborhood corner store, where guys hang out outside most of the day everyday. Some very small smalltalk was made as I was walking in ("hellos") and on the way out one guy pulled me aside and offered me some "white".

Last night, as I was about to pay and walk out of another similar corner store, a young man leaned inside to say it was his birthday and asked if I'd buy him a $1 ice cream sandwich. Prolly not his birthday, but I bought it. As I'm standing outside for about 2 minutes before we leave (me, a man, with three women friends) he thanks me for the ice cream, then asks me if I want some crystal. I don't. He asks again 1 minute later. I still don't. He asks if I have any friends who might want it. Nope. I wished him a happy birthday again and we crossed the street. 5 minutes later he catches up to us and asks me again.

OKP: how do you politely but effectively decline the drugs?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
"Everyone I know has their drugs delivered"
Jun 02nd 2015
But what neighborhood DO you buy drugs on the street from?
Jun 02nd 2015
      in Chicago?
Jun 02nd 2015
           i wasn't quite tryina go there, but i appreciate you engaging me
Jun 02nd 2015
                we had drugs delivered.
Jun 02nd 2015
LETS TALK BOUT IT GA DAMN IT
Jun 02nd 2015
lol...this shit sound like the intro scene to Snow on the Bluff or somet...
Jun 02nd 2015
      LOL....I've been there...
Jun 02nd 2015
nah, i'm good
Jun 02nd 2015
^^ those exact words.
Jun 02nd 2015
*ends post here*
Jun 02nd 2015
and if they still keep tryin?
Jun 02nd 2015
now that I think of it, it DID happen to me once
Jun 02nd 2015
LOL
Jun 02nd 2015
That's not a real thing.
Jun 02nd 2015
Pretty much.
Jun 02nd 2015
it's also a sure fire way to score bad drugs.
Jun 02nd 2015
^^^ pretty much this or "nah b, I don't fuck around like that."
Jun 02nd 2015
Yup, that's it
Jun 02nd 2015
I look high all the time, so "Nah, I'm good" just makes them sad.
Jun 03rd 2015
*lines up here*
Jun 03rd 2015
I hit'em wit da, "Naw, I'm straight, Potna!" and keep it moving.
Jun 02nd 2015
LMAO
Jun 02nd 2015
Your second scenario reminds me of something I went through.
Jun 02nd 2015
Our dealers aren't that aggressive. Crackheads on the other hand...
Jun 03rd 2015
while we are here, I'm impressed at the low drug dealer whisper
Jun 03rd 2015

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. ""Everyone I know has their drugs delivered""
In response to Reply # 0

"We don't buy drugs on the street in this neighborhood, homie. But good luck."

^ i said that to a guy who offered to sell me some crack on a sidewalk in Chicago's Boystown.

fuck you.

jesustrauss
1839 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "But what neighborhood DO you buy drugs on the street from?"
In response to Reply # 1

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "in Chicago?"
In response to Reply # 3
Tue Jun-02-15 04:32 PM by SoWhat

several spots on the West Side along the Eisenhower Expressway.

read this: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140101/news/140109859/

fuck you.

jesustrauss
1839 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:35 PM

8. "i wasn't quite tryina go there, but i appreciate you engaging me"
In response to Reply # 5

i was mostly just fuxing with the response

>"We don't buy drugs on the street in this neighborhood, homie. But
>good luck."

cuz it implies you'd be interested about the rando drug street hollers elsewhere. like, what if the person said "oh yeah? where can i find you that you WILL buy from me?"

but nevermind all that. cuz $10k/day aint a joke. I hope you're getting breaded out on that case.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:38 PM

9. "we had drugs delivered."
In response to Reply # 8
Tue Jun-02-15 04:38 PM by SoWhat

the point was 'we' in that area didn't need to buy our drugs on the street b/c the dealers would come to us. so that dealer wasn't gonna make much coin standing on a sidewalk in Lakeview whispering about rocks. he'd be better off in some other neighborhood where ppl go to buy drugs on the street.

and $10K/day in heroin sounded like a fantastical amount to me. i was stunned! i felt like i was in the wrong business. but then, maybe not. b/c i've never been charged w/murder like that guy i represented.

fuck you.

Big Kuntry
Member since May 09th 2010
14866 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:17 PM

2. "LETS TALK BOUT IT GA DAMN IT"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jun-02-15 04:18 PM by Big Kuntry

This weekend it's like 6 of us and we leaving this day party.
One of the chicks stops to look at the new mural they're putting up & she's talkin bout it.

This white boy approaches me & ask me some dumb shit initially...I can't remember.

Then he taps me on my shoulder and ask me if I know where he can get some "snowball" & said that he was suppose to be meeting someone to buy an 8th but they got scared or something. I tell him no & this muthafucka says, "Are you sure?" AM I SURE?! Hell yeah I'm sure, Opie.

*i just realized this the inverse of what you talkin bout but, fuck it*

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:25 PM

4. "lol...this shit sound like the intro scene to Snow on the Bluff or somet..."
In response to Reply # 2

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 06:03 PM

20. "LOL....I've been there..."
In response to Reply # 4

Back when I was in high school there was this one time when
I caught the bus to downtown and soon as I got off the bus, this
female version of Shaggy rollt up on me like, "Hey, do you know where I can score any blow?"...

NoDrwals: http://i.imgur.com/boWNUvU.gif

Shaggy: I'm sorry, hey...stereotypical association!...*shrugs and walks off*

Just then, I came to terms with the fact that I had my 1st Chappelle moment(c)That was racist from KillinThemSoftly

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:34 PM

6. "nah, i'm good"
In response to Reply # 0

Hitokiri
Charter member
22096 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:35 PM

7. "^^ those exact words."
In response to Reply # 6

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

kingjerm78
Member since Jul 05th 2007
24725 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:40 PM

10. "*ends post here*"
In response to Reply # 6

--------------------------------

one half of the most dynamic tag team on the net...nappyafro's FROCAST!

http://www.frocast.com
www.nappyafro.com
store.nappyafro.com

jesustrauss
1839 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:43 PM

11. "and if they still keep tryin?"
In response to Reply # 6

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:48 PM

13. "now that I think of it, it DID happen to me once"
In response to Reply # 11

but it wasn't an actual dealer, it was my big brother training me to say no to aggressive drug dealers. Now that I think of it, that didn't happen either. I don't have an older brother. That was an early 90s public service announcement. On second thought "nah, I'm good" has worked every time.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:55 PM

15. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 13

you know?

fuck you.

RS
Charter member
1260 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 05:33 PM

17. "That's not a real thing. "
In response to Reply # 11

They narcs. Keep it movin

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44256 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:46 PM

12. "Pretty much."
In response to Reply # 6

In general buying drugs on the street from ppl you don't know is a BAD idea. Seems like a surefire way to get locked up.

Not that I haven't done it, but I damn sure ain't gon do it again.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 04:53 PM

14. "it's also a sure fire way to score bad drugs."
In response to Reply # 12

fuck you.

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 05:02 PM

16. "^^^ pretty much this or "nah b, I don't fuck around like that.""
In response to Reply # 6

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 11:35 PM

22. "Yup, that's it"
In response to Reply # 6

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23876 posts
Wed Jun-03-15 12:08 AM

23. "I look high all the time, so "Nah, I'm good" just makes them sad."
In response to Reply # 6

I look like a sure thing, lol. This dude followed me off the bus when I got off at my job, and when I hit him with the "Nah, I'm good", it looked like he missed the game-winning shot.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3306 posts
Wed Jun-03-15 05:02 AM

24. "*lines up here*"
In response to Reply # 6

Never really failed to work... I seem to get asked most times I walk down the street, even if I'm suited up for work. No idea what I exude, but it clearly belies my dope intake.

I had a vaguely persistent one that got a result the other day though... kid pulls up in a pretty nice black BMW in an area normally crawling with street sellers peddling low quality hash - "Ey bro, do you smoke weed?"

"Nah man, you're good... thanks anyway" *keeps walking*

"Are you sure? We do 24 hour delivery; high grade only."

*turns back*

))<>((
forever.

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 05:53 PM

18. "I hit'em wit da, "Naw, I'm straight, Potna!" and keep it moving."
In response to Reply # 0

Sound like you got dem JehovasHitdis muhfukkaz around your way.

I've seldom had a hustler on the comeback pitch after my initial decline. Katz usually just roll on to the next mofo...

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 05:54 PM

19. "LMAO"
In response to Reply # 18

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Tue Jun-02-15 11:10 PM

21. "Your second scenario reminds me of something I went through."
In response to Reply # 0

Except I was offered something other than drugs.

Years ago a friend and I were walking to the corner store from work (our respective rides were going to pick us up from there. While walking, we got on the topic of prostitutes and how we don't and won't mess with them. My homeboy got picked up not long after arriving to the store.

While I was waiting, a dude stepped to me and asked if I could get him an orange soda because he was thirsty and the store owner has banned him from entering in. I told him I'd hook him up and proceeded to get the drink for him. When I did, he thanked me profusely and then he proceeded to offer me one of his three white women for my pleasure as a token of his appreciation. I politely declined and continued to wait for my ride.

Regarding drugs, I found a small sack of weed while sitting outside of that same store while waiting for my ride. This white dude walked pass me and said "ugh" and made a grimacing face at me based on what he saw near me. I looked at him like "what the...?" and proceeded to look beside me. I saw (if memory serves me correctly) a nickel sack but I don't smoke, so I left it alone.

Being offered drugs in Amsterdam, we (the crew and I) just hit them with the "nah, we're good" and kept it moving. One of my homeboys (RIP) told one dude who said he had "all this cocaine he needed to get rid of" in an exasperated manner to get the fck on in an aggressive manner. Maybe you should try that if they're being overly persistent.

Since 1976

j.
Member since Feb 24th 2009
3819 posts
Wed Jun-03-15 07:52 AM

25. "Our dealers aren't that aggressive. Crackheads on the other hand..."
In response to Reply # 0

It's that THIRST for that rock. They just won't quit, damm near have to get physical for them to KIM

Dealers hear "I'm good" and they move on to the next potential. But the rockheads must have watched Glengarry one too many times. ABC 24-7

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Jun-03-15 07:56 AM

26. "while we are here, I'm impressed at the low drug dealer whisper "
In response to Reply # 0

went to the bay area this past weekend for work and I was super blown away at the way cats would casually say "trees....got trees" or "grapes" or "buddah" at a level that was just above a whisper but below speaking voice and it was always timed to hit your ear while you passed them

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Lobby General Discussion topic #12820248 Previous topic | Next topic