Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12817823

Subject: "at work having a conversation about suicide .. oh yeah right.. don't." Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-29-15 03:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"at work having a conversation about suicide .. oh yeah right.. don't."

so not sure how the topic came up.. something about children's stories with dark elements or themes.. and someone starts talking about how they couldn't even watch Robin Williams movies yet/anymore..

and I was like.. yeah that was something.. I mean you could kinda see it when Hunter S Thompson shot himself but for Robin it was really surprising..

oh yeah.. so suicide is not really a great topic for casual work conversation, not my fault though... but yeah.. don't mention Hunter S Thompson at work either... at best the reference will either be lost entirely.. at worst it will go down on your permanent record,.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
lol apparently that ish is a lead balloon over here too.
May 29th 2015
Robin's autopsy revealed
May 29th 2015
I do feel like Black folks are starting to realize that it's not just a
May 29th 2015
3rdi was the first one that really shook me
May 29th 2015

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-29-15 05:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "lol apparently that ish is a lead balloon over here too."
In response to Reply # 0

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Fri May-29-15 05:49 PM

2. "Robin's autopsy revealed"
In response to Reply # 0

that his suicide was physical, he had Lewy Body Dementia which impairs judgement and everyday life decisions. it was a tragic ending for a great man but it can't take away from the mark he left on the world.

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Fri May-29-15 06:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "I do feel like Black folks are starting to realize that it's not just a"
In response to Reply # 0

"White person's problem" or that people just "need to get over that shit, because I've struggled and never thought about ending it."

At least in our generation. Old folks will have the same beliefs on it, I'm sure.

First time someone I know committed suicide, I was shook. I knew he took medicines and had mood swings, but had zero idea that it was that severe. He drove 2-3 hours from Tallahassee, up to Georgia (Americus), and shot himself in the head at his family's cemetery. No note or anything. He was actually still alive when someone found him, but he died in the hospital.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri May-29-15 06:33 PM

4. "3rdi was the first one that really shook me"
In response to Reply # 3

from interacting with someone everyday writing poetry together and sharing some deeper ish that the standard..

this was as close a friend as I have had on this site short of Shimmy who'm I've shacked up with... and I knew she suffered and I had some idea of why and howso and yet I wasn't expecting that from her.. and it hurt.. before then it always seemed like this remote sort of insane idea that only the weak would ever gravitate to and them more often than not simply for attention...

then my dear friend did it.. and she was deep.. she was imaginative and creative.. she had every other outlet seemingly available to her.. still she choose what she did... that was the first time I ever looked suicide in the face and could understand or appreciate the complexity of it's legitimate reality.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12817823 Previous topic | Next topic