Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12816325

Subject: "anybody collect foreign coins?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Thu May-28-15 01:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"anybody collect foreign coins?"

and if you do what is the most distinctive one you have or do you know someone who does?

i saw some money from India and it was very distinctive.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I collect bills and coins
May 28th 2015
in a way yes..only to the places Ive been
May 28th 2015
^^^^^
May 28th 2015
yeah bills and coins i got a bunch
May 28th 2015
yes i know a couple people
May 28th 2015

j.
Member since Feb 24th 2009
3819 posts
Thu May-28-15 08:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I collect bills and coins"
In response to Reply # 0

About 100 bills and 60 coins

I have a USSR 50 ruble bill, Lenin looking tough
an Iraqi 20 dinar bill, Saddam chillin
and a Vietnam War US armed forces bill, it was for use at PX and such over there

The Israeli shekel bill is in hebrew, arabic, and english, which is peace in the middle east
The Singapore dollar bill has some advanced see through hologram on it

Regina Rose
Member since Jul 01st 2008
7349 posts
Thu May-28-15 09:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "in a way yes..only to the places Ive been"
In response to Reply # 0

Coin wise I think the most distinctive is Norway
Bills hmm new Zealand bills are oddly small

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Thu May-28-15 11:18 AM

3. "^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 2

My faves are from Thailand.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Thu May-28-15 01:55 PM

4. "yeah bills and coins i got a bunch"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm happy i never sold them in my brokest moments, which i certainly considered

my favorites are the 1c bills from hong kong - the idea of a 1c bill always tickled me

__

fairweather

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Thu May-28-15 06:44 PM

5. "yes i know a couple people"
In response to Reply # 0

my mom has a modest collection of them although unfortunately she lost all the ones from her travels to 126 different (!) different countries (all by age 26, too, even crazier, she has left the country only once since). hers are mostly from my travels, i will get her at least one of each domination i can find and try to save up the shinier ones, too. i can't think of any particularly cool ones she has. i like the canadian bill with the kids playing hockey on it, the new line of colombian monedas is cool, but neither is anything spectacular.

another guy i met in santa marta had an interesting collection of coins from something like 180 different countries. he got them from tourists who came through, people he knew traveled and later people start sending them to him because of a local newspaper that wrote about him. the guy is a cabbie and he converted the dash board and console of his cab into a coin museum, with everything arranged and displayed to show of a collection he's been working on since the 80s.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12816325 Previous topic | Next topic