Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12812141

Subject: "I've talked with cops twice in the last two days" Previous topic | Next topic
RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Thu May-21-15 06:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I've talked with cops twice in the last two days"
Thu May-21-15 06:16 PM by RobOne4

went to pick my boy up from school had to stop and get gas first. As soon as I pull up I see 2 guys cussing out a car driving away. Whatever no big deal I go to pump my gas. Both guys walk towards me. Both white. Both little guys 5'7" - 5'9" neither heavier than 150. Right away the "bigger" one is really aggressive and confrontational.

First thing he says to me is "hey are you going to be a fucking asshole too? Or you are going to help me?" I asked him what he needed and he said you know the jail down the street?(there is a detention center/sheriff station a block away) He says I just did 3 years and I am trying to get my shit together but none of these assholes want to help me. I need a ride to the mall where my sister will pick me up. You going to help me or what? I told him sorry I am on my way to pick my son up. Then he goes nuts. Man that is some bullshit nobody wants to fucking help me. Im trying to do the right thing. Basically everybody is against me and I am a saint.

So I am already on guard ready to hit this dude if he gets any closer to me. But his buddy starts moving around to the back of me. That's when I went off. I told him get the fuck away from me and took a step back so he couldnt box me in. Talking dude now is trying to scare. He puffs up and tells me to not calm down. I told him he better tell his boy to get the fuck away from me. Dude got even louder at that point, his boy never said a word though. He kept yelling about nonsense on how everyone is against him and he was going to fuck me up.

By then I was done and wanted to fight this guy. I went off on him and took a couple of steps towards him and he backed up. Fucking knew he was a pussy just because he was so loud. I just said get out of here before I call the cops. He called me a cop calling pussy and took off walking. Right then lady inside the mart runs out like OMG I just called the cops they are on their way dont worry. I go inside to grab a coffee.

The manager said he had been outside harassing people for the last 15 minutes. Then why the fuck did you wait until now to call the cops? They wanted me to stay to talk to the police I said nah I gotta pick up my boy but here is my number. If they want to talk to me have them call me. Sure enough about 45 minutes later the cops called me. They caught both of them up the street from the gas station. They had just been released from the detention center at 11:30am(I ran into them at 12:30pm) and one of them had a knife on him. Both are back on their way to the detention center.

Yesterday while waiting for my son to get out of school. This guy starting beating his wife or girlfriend inside their parked car right in front of the school. I was talking to another dad and we heard the yelling. We looked over and saw dude throwing haymakers. So we ran over and pulled him out of the car. The look on his face. Fucking pure terror. Anyway he took off running before the cops got there. His SO refused to talk to the police. Their daughter is in my son's class.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
shitty man.
May 21st 2015
Rough neighborhood
May 21st 2015
I live in one of the safest cities in the country
May 21st 2015
Maybe the SO is hopeful of an apology
May 21st 2015
RE: Maybe the SO is hopeful of an apology
May 21st 2015
nah man fuck that a situation like that i woulda intervened too
May 21st 2015
May 21st 2015
May 21st 2015
May 22nd 2015
lmao
May 22nd 2015
this is fantastic snark
May 22nd 2015
Oh SNAP
May 22nd 2015
*shaaaade* lol
May 22nd 2015
Temecula wylin
May 22nd 2015
i saw a case like this recently.
May 22nd 2015
I was sort of that stranger once.
May 22nd 2015
rob you know that mma shit too dont you?
May 22nd 2015
RE: rob you know that mma shit too dont you?
May 23rd 2015

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Thu May-21-15 06:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "shitty man."
In response to Reply # 0

those some loose ends you got out there now... I never like that still what you gonna do... you gotta do the right thing. props on that.

Teknontheou
Charter member
32709 posts
Thu May-21-15 06:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Rough neighborhood"
In response to Reply # 0

RobOne4
56697 posts
Thu May-21-15 06:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I live in one of the safest cities in the country"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu May-21-15 06:36 PM by RobOne4

the guys at the gas station is a problem the immediate area around the detention center has had for a minute. The cops used to release people at 10pm before. Locals started getting pissed because now you have all these people loitering in the shopping centers waiting for rides. No buses running in the burbs that late. Lot of them were getting picked up again and going back inside for violating parole when the cops were called on them. So now they release them in the day time. But still dont give them bus money or nothing.

The school incident is in a completely different neighborhood from where I live. Thankfully we got rezoned to the better school district for next year. But its in a really poor area. Not very violent but my son has told me twice this year about a couple of kids telling him their parents were arrested. The school was actually good but glad he is out of that school district.

Ted Gee Seal
Member since Apr 18th 2007
10091 posts
Thu May-21-15 07:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Maybe the SO is hopeful of an apology"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu May-21-15 07:20 PM by Ted Gee Seal

And has a pastor telling her that she shouldn't leave a permanent mark on the guy's record as long as he says sorry and acts remorseful.

Good on you for keeping your cool and handling both situations well.

Just IMO though.

RobOne4
56697 posts
Thu May-21-15 08:03 PM

5. "RE: Maybe the SO is hopeful of an apology"
In response to Reply # 4

you know normally I wouldnt interfere with something like that. I mean I would call the police and hang in the back giving them info until they get there. But the fact that it was in front of the school right when the kids were getting out just really set me off.

The other incident was out of character as well. I am really cool and calm. Its rare that I get in shouting matches with anyone or even get pissed off by people. I am a big guy and because of that people rarely poke at me. But once I felt I was in danger I went nuts. After the whole thing ended I drove to my sons school and I was fuming still. I went out front and was talking to the same dad that pulled the guy out of the car with me yesterday. We were talking about that incident and he stopped and asked if I was okay because my hand was shaking. So I told him what happened and we both laughed about the mess. My wife has never seen me that angry and she said I hope I never do.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Thu May-21-15 08:08 PM

6. "nah man fuck that a situation like that i woulda intervened too"
In response to Reply # 5

no time to call the cops if he is in there swinging. like one blow would be one thing but if he is beating her ass, you gotta step in.

lmao @ the shot at case_one above.

shitty luck but just random shit it sounds like.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ted Gee Seal
10091 posts
Thu May-21-15 09:00 PM

7. "RE: Maybe the SO is hopeful of an apology"
In response to Reply # 5

>you know normally I wouldnt interfere with something like
>that. I mean I would call the police and hang in the back
>giving them info until they get there. But the fact that it
>was in front of the school right when the kids were getting
>out just really set me off.

It's probably a different game over there. I've intervened a couple of times when I've seen a guy manhandling a woman. Don't have to worry about people pulling guns here, although knives are an issue.

>
>The other incident was out of character as well. I am really
>cool and calm. Its rare that I get in shouting matches with
>anyone or even get pissed off by people. I am a big guy and
>because of that people rarely poke at me. But once I felt I
>was in danger I went nuts. After the whole thing ended I drove
>to my sons school and I was fuming still. I went out front and
>was talking to the same dad that pulled the guy out of the car
>with me yesterday. We were talking about that incident and he
>stopped and asked if I was okay because my hand was shaking.
>So I told him what happened and we both laughed about the
>mess. My wife has never seen me that angry and she said I hope
>I never do.

It was surprising to read, because I've always imagined you as pretty big so I wondered what these guys were doing. Plus you've always come across as so calm I couldn't imagine you getting like this. But these guys were in your face. Tough spot. Still can't believe that the people inside hadn't called the police earlier.

Just IMO though.

RobOne4
56697 posts
Thu May-21-15 11:21 PM

8. "RE: Maybe the SO is hopeful of an apology"
In response to Reply # 7

when I found out that he had been out there all that time causing trouble I almost went off on that lady. She said he had went inside the store and asked a customer inside for a ride and got real rude. When she confronted him about it he got loud with her then just hung out in front of the store. Then he hit up every car that drove up. After the first car she should have called the cops. I can count on one hand how many times I have been that pissed off in my adult life. I dont like feeling that way. My poor son was scared when we got in the car. He thought he was in trouble because he could tell something was wrong. So I took him out for ice cream just so he knew it wasnt him.

Ted Gee Seal
10091 posts
Fri May-22-15 01:47 PM

12. "RE: Maybe the SO is hopeful of an apology"
In response to Reply # 8

>when I found out that he had been out there all that time
>causing trouble I almost went off on that lady. She said he
>had went inside the store and asked a customer inside for a
>ride and got real rude. When she confronted him about it he
>got loud with her then just hung out in front of the store.
>Then he hit up every car that drove up. After the first car
>she should have called the cops. I can count on one hand how
>many times I have been that pissed off in my adult life. I
>dont like feeling that way. My poor son was scared when we got
>in the car. He thought he was in trouble because he could tell
>something was wrong. So I took him out for ice cream just so
>he knew it wasnt him.

Poor kid. At least the ordeal ended with ice-cream, that was a good move. But yeah, sucks having that emotion forced on you when you're so used to being in total control. The woman should have realized as soon as he said where he was from that the problem wouldn't just go away on it's own. Hopefully she's learned a lesson in case this happens again.

Just IMO though.

Pete Burns
Member since Oct 18th 2005
5446 posts
Fri May-22-15 02:18 AM

10. "lmao"
In response to Reply # 4

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Fri May-22-15 12:26 PM

11. "this is fantastic snark"
In response to Reply # 4

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Fri May-22-15 03:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
16. "Oh SNAP"
In response to Reply # 4

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri May-22-15 05:15 PM

17. "*shaaaade* lol"
In response to Reply # 4

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Fri May-22-15 01:12 AM

9. "Temecula wylin"
In response to Reply # 0

But really hella kudos for steppin in on the man beating his lady in front of the school

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Fri May-22-15 01:50 PM

13. "i saw a case like this recently."
In response to Reply # 0

the alleged victim claimed that she was being attacked in a car and some stranger came up and told the attacker to get off her. but she says the stranger then just walked off into the night.

that didn't make sense to me b/c i figured that stranger if he existed would've acted more like you did. he'd have made sure the attacker stopped the beating and would've made sure she was alright. and he possibly would've called the police at the very least. her story didn't add up - and indeed she declined to testify in the matter.

fuck you.

Ted Gee Seal
10091 posts
Fri May-22-15 01:59 PM

15. "I was sort of that stranger once."
In response to Reply # 13

I tried calling the police but the dispatcher gave me attitude when I couldn't properly name the side street I was on with the couple. I'd roped in another guy to keep an eye on the couple while I tried to flag down a cop but none ever came and the guy lost track of the couple somehow. I was on my way to a mid semester test anyway so that was that.

Just IMO though.

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Fri May-22-15 01:57 PM

14. "rob you know that mma shit too dont you?"
In response to Reply # 0

didnt you used to get down or your cousin or some shit??

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

RobOne4
56697 posts
Sat May-23-15 01:01 AM

18. "RE: rob you know that mma shit too dont you?"
In response to Reply # 14

I went to the gym with him and kept an eye on his training. I would get in there and hit bags and roll with him in bjj. I know more than the average person walking the street but I am far from an expert.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12812141 Previous topic | Next topic