Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12798273

Subject: "** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **" Previous topic | Next topic
Geah
Member since Feb 16th 2007
48407 posts
Thu May-07-15 02:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"

Nada

@geahuwine

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Emails emails email, so many fucking emails
May 06th 2015
we>i< regarding this inbox bombardment going down....
May 06th 2015
I have deleted and unsubscribed to 22 lists since yesterday afternoon
May 06th 2015
my email inbox stays swole as fuck right now
May 06th 2015
i send so many emails my clicking hand gets numb
May 06th 2015
I watched that HBO special abt the Black serial killer in LA last night....
May 06th 2015
Man, I cant WAIT for this vacation
May 06th 2015
Risky Business
May 06th 2015
ah to be humbled...
May 06th 2015
i want a part time job as a flight attendant
May 06th 2015
I learned a valuable lesson about how the entertainment business works.....
May 06th 2015
Now let's talk airline fees
May 06th 2015
I did this recently...
May 06th 2015
      American gives you 24 hours. But it was a week or so for me.
May 06th 2015
           This was American Airline!
May 06th 2015
I really don't see what's so hard about texting back lol
May 06th 2015
LMAO @ the week before your cycle being block time.
May 06th 2015
RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **
May 06th 2015
I can't with my boss anymore...
May 06th 2015
What do u do when some1 u care about gives u they ass to
May 06th 2015
Fall back homie...
May 06th 2015
pretty much....this a lil different tho
May 06th 2015
do you really have no idea?
May 06th 2015
learning how to manage by managing my managers.
May 06th 2015
OMG teenage/ young adult kids don't come with instructions!!!
May 06th 2015
so how you feel? frustrated, irritated...
May 06th 2015
my dream job eats at me everyday because i don't know how to get it.
May 06th 2015
what is it?
May 06th 2015
music supervisor.
May 06th 2015
      a friend of mine started taking a course at USC
May 06th 2015
           high maitenance? no. i will have to check it out.
May 06th 2015
                he's got that tumblr. i know at least one other person posts to it
May 06th 2015
                     that's not a bad idea.
May 06th 2015
                          i'm like that muse in Dogma
May 06th 2015
                               i'm like that with fashion.
May 06th 2015
                                    LOL then you might could help me! my gear is wack sauce
May 06th 2015
                                         ha!
May 06th 2015
i heard you had a good spotify playlist...can you post or inbox it to me...
May 06th 2015
      check your inbox.
May 07th 2015
im just out of it completely lately
May 06th 2015
Welcome to marriage.
May 06th 2015
really???
May 06th 2015
a female OKP just posted about her husband getting laid off
May 06th 2015
      i was getting at the assumption that companies fear the woman getting pr...
May 06th 2015
           hmm... or a jealous boss or supervisor
May 06th 2015
Damn Man
May 06th 2015
      I'm really interested in the stats.
May 06th 2015
           Man
May 06th 2015
                I ain't even complaining, they call it life for a reason
May 07th 2015
You need a vacation.
May 06th 2015
i've been using the word "friend" a little too losely
May 06th 2015
you're free to make choices but you're not free from the consequences
May 06th 2015
im mentally checked out of the job
May 06th 2015
May 06th 2015
May 06th 2015
Natural Hair Cert?!?! WPOTGIT!?! They done monetized Blackness??
May 06th 2015
      it's similar to a barber/beautician license, if i understand correctly.
May 06th 2015
           RE: it's similar to a barber/beautician license, if i understand correct...
May 07th 2015
no complaints
May 06th 2015
man oh man be careful what you ask for bc u just might get it
May 06th 2015
I want to live near an Ocean beach.
May 06th 2015
trying to up my profile
May 06th 2015
re: my style/wardrobe
May 06th 2015
i get the job done(c)
May 06th 2015
that is going to be a wonderful mothers day gift
May 06th 2015
yes it will thanks
May 06th 2015
That's pretty amazing. Congrats.
May 06th 2015
      thanks man
May 07th 2015
I'm going to a country music show tonight but I don't want to
May 06th 2015
who's the performer(s)?
May 07th 2015
'I'm not in Love' by 10cc's is an ignorantly pimp ass song
May 06th 2015
They have an excellent catalog. Just give me some head ... room
May 06th 2015
Caught some REAL tough breaks lately.
May 06th 2015
Why do I care about my clients' cases more than THEY do?
May 06th 2015
Because your rep is based on success and failure?
May 06th 2015
Because maybe your job is your passion.
May 06th 2015
May 06th 2015
jyeah.
May 07th 2015

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22257 posts
Wed May-06-15 08:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Emails emails email, so many fucking emails"
In response to Reply # 0

I get it, Sprummer is here and your Winter sales didn't go they way they thought they would, and additionally the data has shown that email bombarding is actually effective. But I feel we're reaching a tipping point.

Your customer base is expanding, but now you're fighting for the same pool of people as everyone else. Yes, everyone is getting to the point where they email, but now email advertising is going the way of the urinal ad .. can't I just pee in private. I'm not trying to think of 1800 contacts with my penis in my hand.

And yes that's a little frustration, but when I actually have things to do so I need to check my emails regularly and I'm getting 40 or so bullshit ones a day just off purchases that I never even knew I opted into, I'm ready to punch a computer. The ones that make you log in to unsubscribe are the worst, because those bitches linger ... Ticketmaster/Linkedin.

And while I'm on a tangent, I'm on non stop travel this month and I'm worried about eating right. I tried to pack food for this week, but the fridge in the hotel is ass and what I thought would be a good dinner week has not been. Add that onto the shin splints, dear god the shin splints, and lack of bicycle rental and I'm losing all of my good winter gains. Trying to go the beach this Sprummer and also get some new ink.

But I have my camera on me and that post the other day has me trying out manual. I've been shooting in TV when I used to shoot in AV, but now it's time to step that up.

Aint shit to do in Springfield, MA ... why did I pick this project?

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Wed May-06-15 08:41 AM

2. "we>i< regarding this inbox bombardment going down...."
In response to Reply # 1

I'm finding that outlook.com does a better job than gmail.com at
filtering them into the junk category once I classify them as such...

I was getting no less than FOUR emails a day from one company!

"Seasons may come and your luck just may run out, and all that you'll have is some memories..."

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-06-15 04:17 PM

61. "I have deleted and unsubscribed to 22 lists since yesterday afternoon"
In response to Reply # 2

Warrior Dash - which I've never run or signed up for
Verizon - I'm subscribed to email because I have to use you for internet and tv?
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation - which I feel bad about but shit daily emails for donation?
Jetblue - I just took my first flight with them on Monday
NSBE DC - consistent emails about internships and highschool programs
Zoc Doc - I used them once, they've been emailing me every few days, why is medical care a targeted thing?
Kimpton Hotels - Do people really just travel to stay in an ok hotel? Because I don't really get the point of hotel direct marketing
Southwest Airlines - I understand, but I'm not interested
Warrior Dash again - which I repeat I've never run or signed up for
American Airlines - a flash points sale, ok, you want people to buy miles, got it
Howard Theater - last show I went to was Dilla tribute, I don't like the drinks, but the place is ok, bathrooms could be on the main floor, but why am I getting emails I got off of a year ago
Marriot Rewards - see Kimpton
The French Embassy - they email daily, I didn't want to unsubscribe, but a weekly events calendar or a twitter would be better
1800 Contacts - because I just buy these on whims I guess
Food and Wine Magazine - I don't even know
Shop Marriott - apparently I like staying in these hotels so much they're wanting to sell me sheets and pillows now
No Kings Collective - I get to NY once or twice a year, not sure how I got on this list
Couchsurfing - haven't used it, somehow it's tracked me to DC
Houston Jobs - haven't applied to a job in Houston since 2010, I've unsubscribed multiple times, clearly spam, clearly keeps coming through somehow
Ticketmaster - bitches
Magnolia hotels - see Marriott
Linkedin - someone changed their profile picture, I should know this on a professional networking site apparently

------

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79574 posts
Wed May-06-15 08:43 AM

3. "my email inbox stays swole as fuck right now"
In response to Reply # 1

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:53 AM

41. "i send so many emails my clicking hand gets numb"
In response to Reply # 1

then they start bitching at us to cold call and damn near 70% of the people we call go straight to voicemail. aint got time to be talking to myself all day. plus calling takes longer.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Stoogie
Member since Dec 06th 2006
12348 posts
Wed May-06-15 08:43 AM

4. "I watched that HBO special abt the Black serial killer in LA last night...."
In response to Reply # 0

That shit makes me wanna hug EVERY Black woman I see and tell them they are loved and appreciated.

Gotdamn I'm still furious.

Simultaneously, I wanna murk every last one of those shiftless, no good, scum of the earth niggas who associated w/ that sick bastard...his son included.

This is also a perfect example of how bad the crack situation was/is in LA.

I need the LAPD to be scorched from the earth...seriously.

I'm irrationally angry abt this.

No cape-o but I LOVE BLACK WOMEN.

"A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan" (c) Martin Luther King Jr.

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed May-06-15 08:49 AM

5. "Man, I cant WAIT for this vacation"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-06-15 08:54 AM by legsdiamond

Savannah for the weekend for my nephews graduation, then up to Hilton Head for a few days then finish it off up in Southport, NC at my in laws crib (while they are away) for the rest of it.

Beach, fishing off the pier, photos, crabs, seafood and chillin' HARD!!!

Toes will be out.

This is the last hooorah for a minute.

My coworkers asked why I wasn't using my vacation for the birth of my child... LOL. Nah son... we getting some sun and fun before this baby comes.

one more thing. My coworker can't sing AT ALL. She one of those people who sings every song on her iradio flat as hell and half hums the rest of it.

Fucking awful.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Wed May-06-15 08:58 AM

6. "Risky Business "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-06-15 08:59 AM by SuiteLady

I have on a white suit today, and I am sitting at my desk eating blueberries. Oh! And I brought some Hot Cheetos for lunch!

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

BabySoulRebel
Charter member
19232 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "ah to be humbled..."
In response to Reply # 0

most of us say what we think we would do in a given situation
how we think we would feel
but how many of us would recognize the hypocrite inside if/when that given situation actually occurs?

I thought I knew exactly what I would do
but now I'm here
and my heart is telling me to do the exact opposite.

If anyone has healing energy to spare, please send it my way.
It's sorely needed and would be greatly appreciated.

here for dis.

earthseed
Member since Feb 26th 2004
26989 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "i want a part time job as a flight attendant"
In response to Reply # 0

with all the flying that i've been doing since january - it would definitely take the choke-hold on my wallet.

with that said, i'll see you soon chicago!

- i haven't been chanting lately and i feel the tension rising - gotta rectify that.

- did a radio interview this past week on a local station for my job. that shit was supposed to air at 6am on a sunday. hell NO i ain't gonna wake up to hear that shit. i'll catch it on the mp3 whenever i get it.

- my friend is having a reception next week to celebrate her new position - i cannot wait to go and support her in this new phase of her life!

- i need to make some adjustments.

- i have a lot that i want to do - time is moving too fast - it's almost summer!!

- i bought some bikini bottoms, lol.

now go runtelldat, ho.

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "I learned a valuable lesson about how the entertainment business works....."
In response to Reply # 0

but no lie, if you can't rock with me in the light, you definitely not getting money with me in the dark. and if what i do is so bad, you definitely not getting money off what I do...

That shit actually hurts tho. like more than anything...to be told your bad actions are only cool when they making money...i got it.

I need a getaway. I was going to try to go on this Costa Rica trip next month but I punked out...i didn't want to go alone.

I told my friend I'd go on a cruise with her, but I never booked it...and I think it's too late for the deposit now...I still haven't told her i didn't book it. She's going to be pissed.

I registered for my classes but still didn't get my grant check yet...it sucks because those classes weren't cheap and I don't want to keep hounding my old school about my check!

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:53 AM

10. "Now let's talk airline fees "
In response to Reply # 0

The other day I made a mistake and it was my mistake. I booked our flight to Boston on the correct date in June but somehow the return flight was set to August. I only realized this the other night and immediately called.

I was able to get assistance but only on a one time thing. If I had not the change fee for each ticket would've been $200, which combined would've been more than what we initially paid. Additionally there's no real way around this. Paying with an American credit card wouldn't have helped, my Gold status maybe helped but it's no guarantee, Platinum wouldn't have helped except being able to call and beg nicer.

So just be mindful of when airlines are gonna fuck you with fees. Most of my travel is work travel and you can always get those tickets changed on government rates, but this is some other shit.

------

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "I did this recently..."
In response to Reply # 10

I booked a flight back from Hawaii with airmiles but during check out, I picked the wrong airport for arrival (it was a layover so the same plane was the "start time" for two different places). i realized it no less than 2 min after I got the confirmation so I called to see if i could change it, they said no, they could cancel my flight back but would charge me some crazy amount of miles then I could rebook it (but I would be about 500 miles short when i rebooked it). I was like "this was LESS Than 5 min ago, are you serious?" I ended up tweeting about it and the airline hit me with the "we will do it but just this once." so yeah, now i'm super careful but I feel like if it's the same day, they should allow a pass.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:13 AM

14. "American gives you 24 hours. But it was a week or so for me. "
In response to Reply # 11

Five minutes is bullshit

------

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:20 AM

16. "This was American Airline!"
In response to Reply # 14

I don't know if it was because I used airmiles or what...but they tried to charge me. i was pissed.

ThisIs_ATruthThang
Member since Nov 16th 2003
11678 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:08 AM

12. "I really don't see what's so hard about texting back lol"
In response to Reply # 0

Like I get, not texting back IMMEDIATELY because people can be busy or not paying attention to their phone. But not texting back at all that day?? Bullshit. Lol

And when you have you read receipts on, it shows you read the message and you still don't respond? I take that as disrespect.

Yeah, I'm mad. And I need to get over myself but fuck that! I'm confessing! I want to delete and block his ass out of my phone now. I'm just going to wooosssaahhhh though. The week before my cycle is always when I block and delete people.

My Mommy will be here Friday!!! Yay!!! Well not exactly...

There's a weird energy in my house between my roommate and I. Seems as if her and I just can't get on the same accord. Yesterday I came home and there was a potted plant/flower in the living room. I have a cat; most flowers are poisonous to cats, I Googled and the one she bought an Azalea is extremely poisonous in fact. She's new to the apartment and she's never had a cat so I was TRYING my best to politely let her know that the plant is not safe for my cat. As I told her, I LOVE flowers but I can only bring home certain ones. Well of course she got super defensive and tells me she put cayenne pepper on the plant so my cat wouldn't eat it... Man I just don't have time to be gambling on some fucking pepper about my cat! If for whatever reason the pepper wears off or simply doesn't work my cat could die or at the very minimum it could be an expensive vet bill.

I know she's taking that shit personal but you knew the shit was poison to my cat because you put the pepper on it to begin with. My cat loves to chew on plants. I just can't. I'm happy she put the plant in her room.

I just don't want my moms in the middle of stupid house drama. Gotta keep her out the house...

Somebody's lying...

@Atruelady Twitter/ @Sweetesttaboos Instagram

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:42 AM

21. "LMAO @ the week before your cycle being block time. "
In response to Reply # 12

Kim Jong Trill
Member since Jan 31st 2012
548 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:10 AM

13. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

That prison post made me think about my boy who had been locked up for like 20 yrs. We always looked up to him since he went away when we were 10 & he was 18. Recently we all went out to party & ended up at IHOP at 3 and we somehow get on the convo of prison life. He asked everyone if they get raped by 6 guys does that make you gay? Some said yes others no but my boy that had been locked up said, "Nah that just makes you WEAK!" And I swear everyone in IHOP looked up like WTF?! The whole table didn't say shit.

Another thing I noticed is prison niggas will eat with anything! This nigga had hashbrpwns, eggs, pancakes fruit, syrup, etc. Cut all that shit up like a ninja in 2 min and mixed it all up together until it was unrecognizable and ate that shit wit a spoon. I mean this nigga had his damn knuckles in the plate!

Then the nigga got EMO and told me he needed a wife since he gave his life to the Lord & he had been celibate for 5 yrs. we all started doing the math, that nigga did 20 & ain't been home for two years so....

I went to see the screening of Salad Days last night at NPR joint was official (https://vimeo.com/107053757). I don't know shit about making movies but In true DIY spirit in gonna make a documentary, I don't know how but I'm focused on doing it.

It's probably all sorts of errors in this but I ain't double tracking, you can put it together.

Fuck your fort!

Hitokiri
Charter member
22103 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:14 AM

15. "I can't with my boss anymore..."
In response to Reply # 0

I think I need to move on.
Which might mean career change.
Because I don't think there are positions in education that pay more than I currently make that I'm qualified for. (No teaching or admin license)

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

ambient1
Member since May 23rd 2007
41077 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:26 AM

17. "What do u do when some1 u care about gives u they ass to"
In response to Reply # 0

kiss and u have no idea why

nothing?
keep trying?
give em space?

I ain't got the answers sway

normally ....I wouldn't care....

but this matters to me

sayin 'oh well' is easy

I guess I lost .....again

I'll prolly keep swingin at the air like Tre

I like 70s soft rock

=======================================
Coolin...

ThisIs_ATruthThang
Member since Nov 16th 2003
11678 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:39 AM

19. "Fall back homie..."
In response to Reply # 17

Don't do anything. Give that person some time, but don't put yourself out there to be hurt if this person is being reckless with your feelings.

Time will tell...

Stop fucking with them lames... lol Just kidding...

Somebody's lying...

@Atruelady Twitter/ @Sweetesttaboos Instagram

ambient1
41077 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:45 AM

23. "pretty much....this a lil different tho"
In response to Reply # 19

not really a 'romantic' situation

in the past me fallin back = not caring
yet if I go in bugaboo mode = don't act like u care now

just a no win situation

Coolin...

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:44 AM

22. "do you really have no idea? "
In response to Reply # 17

think long and hard bruh...

it could be as simple as not saying thank you after sex or not remembering the 4 month 1st date anniversary.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:29 AM

18. "learning how to manage by managing my managers."
In response to Reply # 0

sounds backwards but ive been holding all of management to obligations and I feel bad because I've had direct managers just straight up flake on me several times and now I'm finding that I am making some other managers squirm when I bring up stuff that should have happened on their end.

professionally I want to just get shit done, socially I know this can be a not so great thing to make people not feel good about failing to meet obligations

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:40 AM

20. "OMG teenage/ young adult kids don't come with instructions!!! "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-06-15 10:52 AM by Case_One

My son is amazing, but he's smelling himself on another level. And this is making not want to have anymore kids.

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4

blackrussian
Member since Oct 17th 2010
6498 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:45 AM

24. "so how you feel? frustrated, irritated..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-06-15 11:14 AM by blackrussian

i have to submit some research, but the nature of the submission means that my profs will be benefitting from it both financially and reputation-wise. let's just say that they are essentially crowdsourcing content from their students & parading it as their project...it just makes me reluctant to put a lot of effort it, but then again I'm gonna be assessed on it. it's a pretty big chunk of my whole grade, and also it's gonna be publicly accessible.

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:47 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
25. "my dream job eats at me everyday because i don't know how to get it."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-06-15 10:48 AM by PROMO

i wouldn't even know where to start.

teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:50 AM

26. "what is it?"
In response to Reply # 25

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:54 AM

27. "music supervisor."
In response to Reply # 26

i follow a ton of them on twitter and have reached out to some in various ways but got no response which i'm not totally surprised about since they get holla'd at constantly.

teefiveten
33019 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:03 AM

29. "a friend of mine started taking a course at USC"
In response to Reply # 27
Wed May-06-15 11:04 AM by teefiveten

and i know someone else who wants to do the same and got a rather cold shoulder from scott vener (who I honestly don't even think is all that anyway)

hmm...yeah that's a tough one. honestly if you know of anyone doing anything like a podcast or a web series i would approach them w/ your services. things like that get hairy because of licensing/publishing but once youre actually faced w/ a project and the parameters you can probably dig deep for the answers.

i mean the way to start is to do it, right? even if it's for a youtube on dog spanking. give it a go.

and you should keep hitting more folks up. eventually one will speak to you. did you watch high maintenance? i loved the music supervision on that show.

like.me

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:14 AM

30. "high maitenance? no. i will have to check it out."
In response to Reply # 29
Wed May-06-15 11:20 AM by PROMO

yeah, i've had back and forths with Scott Vener on Twitter but those were just more casual chatting. i mean, i respect his hustle for sure and i think he's pretty good at his job.

i'm even willing to intern for free * IF * it's something i don't have to relocate for (probably not a reasonable expectation on my part but i can't move right now).

i've been looking at doing something online. i'd love to do some kind of internet radio show or podcast...just have to do some research on getting that off the ground.

thanks for the pep talk. haven't given up by any means...i really wanna parlay my passion for music into something that makes money, even if it's isn't my MAIN gig (main gig would be ideal, obviously).

EDIT: also, altruistically, i love to put people onto good music and lot of stuff that gets passed through by music supervisors sucks ass so maybe i could up the level of music that people are exposed to.

teefiveten
33019 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:20 AM

31. "he's got that tumblr. i know at least one other person posts to it"
In response to Reply # 30

ask him if you can post to it on his behalf

it benefits him b/c he gets more content up and if he likes what you're putting up he may be more willing to assist/divulge stuff

like.me

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:28 AM

32. "that's not a bad idea."
In response to Reply # 31

i know he mines his followers from time to time. i've even let him mine me before with your line of thought in my mind. not sure if he actually used anything i gave him.

thanks.

teefiveten
33019 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:29 AM

34. "i'm like that muse in Dogma"
In response to Reply # 32

all these good ideas. none for myself lol

like.me

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:32 AM

35. "i'm like that with fashion. "
In response to Reply # 34

i can dress the hell outta any man or woman. can't dress myself outside of the day-to-day, just to get by clothes.

teefiveten
33019 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:34 AM

36. "LOL then you might could help me! my gear is wack sauce"
In response to Reply # 35

like.me

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:44 AM

38. "ha! "
In response to Reply # 36

i don't believe you for some reason, but if i was in NYC i'd go on shopping trip w/ you and help you out.

R A i n
Member since Dec 11th 2003
51902 posts
Wed May-06-15 09:28 PM

71. "i heard you had a good spotify playlist...can you post or inbox it to me..."
In response to Reply # 25

also...start doing it yourself. if you build it they will come.

we understand you can easily come back and we're not impressed. how about getting a life first. okpdan

PROMO
Charter member
30962 posts
Thu May-07-15 10:34 AM

77. "check your inbox."
In response to Reply # 71

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:56 AM

28. "im just out of it completely lately"
In response to Reply # 0

my wife lost her job and i let all the good habits i was starting to form crumble...

it's like i look for any excuse to underachieve sometimes

really need to get back in productive mode

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:44 AM

39. "Welcome to marriage. "
In response to Reply # 28

It's like some sort of test. I wonder how many people get married and get a better job or a promotion right after the honeymoon?

Seems like every time we say I do... a job says I don't.

hang in there..

NikaMandela
Charter member
35230 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:51 AM

40. "really???"
In response to Reply # 39

in how many cases is it the man that gets fired vs the woman?

honestly I'm kinda suspicious about these sort of things.

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed May-06-15 01:42 PM

49. "a female OKP just posted about her husband getting laid off"
In response to Reply # 40

right after they got married.

this isn't a man vs woman thing tho...

IMO it's just something that seems to happen when people get married.

NikaMandela
Charter member
35230 posts
Wed May-06-15 02:24 PM

54. "i was getting at the assumption that companies fear the woman getting pr..."
In response to Reply # 49

and taking maternity leave and possibly never coming back.

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed May-06-15 04:29 PM

62. "hmm... or a jealous boss or supervisor"
In response to Reply # 54

now I'm wondering my damn self. lol

RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Wed May-06-15 02:46 PM

55. "Damn Man"
In response to Reply # 39

>It's like some sort of test. I wonder how many people get
>married and get a better job or a promotion right after the
>honeymoon?
>
>Seems like every time we say I do... a job says I don't.
>
>hang in there..
This shit literally happened to me.

Wifey's mom got sick right after we got married, so she had to quit her job.

Burden was too much for one salary.

THEN she gets pregant...has our little blessing

THEN I get laid off.

Wash, rinse, repeat (finally got a new FT gig though)

It's like once you get married you move up to the AP Calc version of the life test.

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Wed May-06-15 04:58 PM

64. "I'm really interested in the stats. "
In response to Reply # 55
Wed May-06-15 05:01 PM by legsdiamond

here is our timeline.

I propose in Times Square, whole family is there for my wifes show in Dumbo at white wave.

a few months later my mom is killed in a car accident.

move to brooklyn in 2008. market crashes months later.

move to NC to save money, regroup.. her fav aunt passes from brain cancer

a year later my dad has surgery to remove both kidneys.

we buy a house... yay, then her FIL moves in 8 months later because his contract is in Charlotte. on a long ass trip back from seeing my dad we get home and my FIL is on the couch covered in boils from a reaction to new meds.

after he recovers and all is normal we ask him to move out because we have yet to enjoy our new first bought house. so now he is pissed. but dude is faked up so why is he so mad?

her uncle now has cancer.

we finally get a refund from taxes we can put in the rainy day fund. 2 days later her car dies... 6 months later my car dies.

2 car notes.

we tried to have a baby for a few years, no luck. Doctor said chances are low. as say if it's meant to be, it will be...

and now it be.

shit doesn't stop.

wouldn't trade it for the world tho cause I can't imagine either of us going through this shit alone.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-06-15 05:42 PM

66. "Man"
In response to Reply # 64

I have a theory that was passed from my mother to me. Every time I had some kind of serious drama (and I had a bunch) she said it was testing me to make me stronger.

Said that to know the value of a job, you gotta be without one and really work to get one. To know the value of a relationship, you have to lose a serious one and find another. She let me know that I'll only truly learn my lessons through loss.

Best of wishes to you and yours. I'm gonna check your posts more often.

------

legsdiamond
79574 posts
Thu May-07-15 12:30 PM

79. "I ain't even complaining, they call it life for a reason"
In response to Reply # 66

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Wed May-06-15 01:44 PM

51. "You need a vacation."
In response to Reply # 28

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:28 AM

33. "i've been using the word "friend" a little too losely"
In response to Reply # 0

it's a hard lesson i'm relearning

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:40 AM

37. "you're free to make choices but you're not free from the consequences"
In response to Reply # 0

of those choices.

i'm a firm believer in this. i have comfortably and confidently maneuvered through life for over four decades with this premise in mind. i'll make whatever choice is see fit cuz if the shit goes wrong, it's on me. nobody is gonna rescue me from the situation i put myself in.

and i'm good with that.

but it makes it hard to be a parent cuz on one hand, you wanna make sure your kids end up ok. but you gotta let them take their lumps and learn their lessons.

my first grandchild will be here at the end of the summer. and this dude ain't nowhere near ready to provide for this new family...at least not on the level i expect. which may be part of the problem.

on one hand, if he gotta live in a low budget crib that's a slight step up from the projects and take the bus everywhere and rely on WIC & food stamps and live that struggle life...those are the consequences that come from his own decisions. every time i said go right and he chose to go left...every time i told him to do this and he did that...all those crossroads lead to where he is now.

pain is one helluva teacher

on the other hand, i have a sense of "that's mine...they're in my circle". so i want to step in and provide and make up where he falls short.

but that can only be done to an extent cuz doing it too much is enabling and he'll never end up doing better that way.

wild part is...i'm not really excited about the grand kid. all i can think about is another young black girl growing up in the struggle. i can't partake in the conversations about hair texture and what kind of clothes to buy her and all the stuff him & his girlfriend yap about cuz all the convo i got for either of them is on that GET UP, GET OUT, AND GET SOMETHING...

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Wed May-06-15 11:54 AM

42. "im mentally checked out of the job"
In response to Reply # 0

which aint good cause i'm supposed to be the reliable one. it's bad when i can still be top dog putting in about 50% effort.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Bruce Belafonte
Member since Jan 14th 2008
31999 posts
Wed May-06-15 12:04 PM

43. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

DEEEEEEEZ NUTS!

http://youtu.be/5o37GORoKUQ

#htpw

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Wed May-06-15 12:22 PM

44. "RE: ** CONFESSION WEDNESDAY **"
In response to Reply # 0

Due to my ADD I've been questioning whether I need a full time job. Especially with all the stuff I have on my plate. With that said, I still want a career. I have been all about going to get my personal training certification, then my group exercise cert, and then my health coach certification. This is the path I want to walk. And I can do it online, studying at home. The practical part is easy, but the actual exam is what gets me...I believe I'm over my test anxiety, but sometimes it just f@cks with me.

But...I wouldn't mind going to get my natural hair certification so that I can braid hair (legally) in NC. This might be a nice hustle. Only 220 to take the course at Wake Tech. And after 300 hours you can sit for the state boards. I'm tempted. Really tempted. I just couldn't travel that distance 5 nights a week. I got a family. If only they had a Saturday class.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44615 posts
Wed May-06-15 12:25 PM

45. "Natural Hair Cert?!?! WPOTGIT!?! They done monetized Blackness??"
In response to Reply # 44

"Seasons may come and your luck just may run out, and all that you'll have is some memories..."

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Wed May-06-15 12:33 PM

46. "it's similar to a barber/beautician license, if i understand correctly."
In response to Reply # 45

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Thu May-07-15 08:33 AM

75. "RE: it's similar to a barber/beautician license, if i understand correct..."
In response to Reply # 46

Yes, it is. The class teaches you how to put in braids, twists and such. It also teaches you the science behind it all.

300 hours , then you get to sit for the state boards.

I would do this as a side hustle.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Wed May-06-15 12:43 PM

47. "no complaints"
In response to Reply # 0

I need to do better with my spending and SoundCloud copyright issues are a bitch

family and really close friends look up to me, that's pretty surreal. my LA circle (natives, not Hollywood transplants) has made me a better person, but that's a lot of pressure at times

Im kicking ass at my job.

I dont rest and chill enough, just sleep and work

Im a grown man, fuck anyone who doesn't want to see me doing well especially after the shit I've gotten past

esb225
Member since Nov 12th 2003
41415 posts
Wed May-06-15 01:04 PM

48. "man oh man be careful what you ask for bc u just might get it "
In response to Reply # 0

that's all I have to say

I got a good life man

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Wed May-06-15 01:44 PM

50. "I want to live near an Ocean beach."
In response to Reply # 0

I know this absolutely, and nothing will pacify me until I do.

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

teefiveten
33019 posts
Wed May-06-15 02:18 PM

52. "trying to up my profile"
In response to Reply # 0

no idea where to begin other than more photos of myself.

like.me

NikaMandela
Charter member
35230 posts
Wed May-06-15 02:19 PM

53. "re: my style/wardrobe"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-06-15 02:20 PM by NikaMandela

so for my birthday last week, me and my dude went out for early dinner and drinks. he said i looked cute, but joked that i looked like a sexy 2nd grade teacher. then he made some really good suggestions about how my #alphet could be more on point.

its cool bc i know i can't dress. i know thats an area of my life i can improve upon, so i take no offense. but sometimes i feel like I'm being held to such a high standard by a lot of the men i date. just bc i have curves. meanwhile, they don't make clothes for women shaped like me so i'm always in a situation where the shit that looks best on me is expensive, hard to find and/or is tailored. i dont have that kind of bread or time.

plus the fact, i just dont like a bunch of people looking at me, lol. theres a certain rush that comes with turning heads, but its also nerve-wracking and uncomfortable. I'm awkward as shit; as soon as i feel eyes on me i suddenly become paranoid about tripping over my own feet. i'm confident enough; i just don't love attention in pubic spaces. or maybe i'm old...

honestly, i love the idea of wearing the same shit everyday but theres another me that wants to "bad bitch" it up. I'm tired of being so dusty.

wluv
Member since Jan 27th 2003
4362 posts
Wed May-06-15 02:49 PM

56. "i get the job done(c)"
In response to Reply # 0

im planning the event for this local park im getting renamed after my mom, whose is alive and well btw, for this Saturday and i already got 2 companies donating food for the occasion, got my speech done, got the program made up, and called the key people i need to be there. And its only Wednesday.

Only thing left is for the public works guys to repair a section of the fence and its all good for Saturday.

I like when things come together early without the anxiety of last minute chaos hoping things turn out right.

This thing is on fleek like the youngsters like to say.

I was bumping some Tony Thompson's I Wanna Love Like That loud as f this morning getting ready for work. That dude was underrated imo.

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Wed May-06-15 03:00 PM

57. "that is going to be a wonderful mothers day gift"
In response to Reply # 56

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

wluv
4362 posts
Wed May-06-15 03:12 PM

58. "yes it will thanks"
In response to Reply # 57

you just reminded me i forgot to add i have the mother's day floral arrangement ordered and ready to be presented to her that day.

im on my game gotdammit.

cant tell me nuffin.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-06-15 06:08 PM

69. "That's pretty amazing. Congrats."
In response to Reply # 56

------

wluv
4362 posts
Thu May-07-15 05:31 AM

73. "thanks man"
In response to Reply # 69

SuiteLady
16194 posts
Wed May-06-15 03:37 PM

59. "I'm going to a country music show tonight but I don't want to"
In response to Reply # 0

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

KiloMcG
Member since Jan 01st 2008
27561 posts
Thu May-07-15 12:08 PM

78. "who's the performer(s)?"
In response to Reply # 59

ambient1
41077 posts
Wed May-06-15 03:59 PM

60. "'I'm not in Love' by 10cc's is an ignorantly pimp ass song"
In response to Reply # 0

I never really listened to the lyrics

but its ignorant as hell lol

Coolin...

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-06-15 04:50 PM

63. "They have an excellent catalog. Just give me some head ... room"
In response to Reply # 60

Just a little bit of head
Room

------

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44257 posts
Wed May-06-15 05:41 PM

65. "Caught some REAL tough breaks lately."
In response to Reply # 0

Thank God for my job and my family, because otherwise...

smh

Shit could have gotten real. I'm gonna make some changes that, frankly. I really don't want to make. I wouldn't, if I didn't have to.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed May-06-15 06:01 PM

67. "Why do I care about my clients' cases more than THEY do?"
In response to Reply # 0

fuck that.

fuck you.

MEAT
22257 posts
Wed May-06-15 06:02 PM

68. "Because your rep is based on success and failure?"
In response to Reply # 67

------

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Wed May-06-15 06:22 PM

70. "Because maybe your job is your passion."
In response to Reply # 67

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Wed May-06-15 10:10 PM

72. "..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed May-06-15 10:12 PM by SHAstayhighalways

...customer tried to play me today. her apartment number was not listed so i texted, emailed and called and called and called. she finally calls back and im like hey im here at your address but theres no apartment listed so i couldnt buzz. hear this bitch "why didnt you just buzz? ive never had this problem before" im like hey listen believe me i wouldnt stand out here and call you if the apt number was there. that would make zero sense. its not written. she finally told me the apt # (some places wont let you buzz the door unless someone rings). please believe when i got upstairs i showed her the app where her apt # was NOT listed. she felt stupid. i still felt tight for a good 20 mins after i left.

...im so tired i took my clothes off and jumped into bed but forgot to turn off the lights. i dont feel like getting up to turn them shits off. i might fall asleep with them on. my plan was to go upstairs and eat this checkers burger i bought earlier but im.more tired than i am hungry. i dont know why im so tired today. more so than usual.

...i am a sucker and i might be stuck like this unless/until some body else tries to scoop me.

...somebody finally hit my timeline with the all lives matter. dude had the nerve to be like hes TIRED of talking about race. yes this person is white. this person has been unfollowed but not unfriended.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu May-07-15 07:31 AM

74. "jyeah."
In response to Reply # 0

i get so annoyed with "what a real man would do" memes & thought processes.

a real man dont wear flip flops.

a real man loves one woman & sees his kids.

fuck that.

if youre NOT a man, please shut the entire fuck up abt what being a man is.

for one.

for 2, a man is a provider. a man provides for the needs and wants of others.

if your mama can come to you & know beyond a shadow of a doubt you can make it happen? youre a man.

if your kids know they can come to you and everything will be straight? youre a man.

etc.

if you wear a skirt...but provide? youre a man.

if another man puts his dick in your ass or throat, & you like it...AND pay the rent? YOURE A MAN.

that old dumb ass shit.

if you out here & nobody can depend on you, nobody would come to you for help, nobody is around and all you really gotta worry about...is you? youre NOT a man. maybe male. but a man? no.

provide, you worthless pieces of shit. get off that bullshit.

people disgust me.

*drops mic*

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

Lobby General Discussion topic #12798273 Previous topic | Next topic