Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12794011

Subject: "Police beat up a man and laugh while he bleeds (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28848 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Police beat up a man and laugh while he bleeds (swipe)"
Wed Apr-29-15 03:45 PM by Kira

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/defenders-exclusive-new-video-shows-inkster-cops-laughing-while-floyd-dent-bleeds/32581034

Cliff Notes Version: They whoop this dude ass, laugh while he bleeds, mock him, wipe his blood off them, and celebrate. He gets charged with a felony as a result. The case is thrown out after this comes out. Officer Melendez is fired and charged with a crime. Inkster’s chief of police has since resigned and everyone else in the video is under investigation.

Links that actually work:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/28916688/video-inside-inkster-police-station-after-floyd-dent-arrest

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/27/1380698/-Police-withheld-video-of-officers-laughing-mocking-re-enacting-brutal-beating-of-Floyd-Dent

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/inkster-police-floyd-dent-beating

---

INKSTER, Mich. -

Inkster Police didn’t want to turn over this video.

And for good reason.

There’s no question the footage is troubling. Better to ask what’s going to be done about it?

You pay for these officers’ salaries. Their job is to serve and protect, but in this video, rather than getting a bloody Floyd Dent medical attention, they appear to be joking around and celebrating as they clean his blood off their uniforms.

“Quite honestly, they are disgusting,” said Dent’s attorney Greg Rohl. “They show officers making fun of Floyd. They show them congratulating each other for this beat down and the whole time he is there watching it.”

There’s no audio with the video, which may be a good thing for the officers because it looks like the police are reliving the arrest and alleged assault of Dent while he was just off camera and in earshot.

“He is bleeding like a sieve, there is blood everywhere,” said Rohl. “The officers don’t seem at all disturbed by what happened at the scene. They appear happy, pleased, even celebratory over the arrest of Floyd Dent—a man who was just beaten kicked and tased.

As the officers continue wiping Dents blood off them, an officer decides to do a little acting. He lies down on a bench and imitates Dent being on the ground at the scene choked by Officer William Melendez. His acting seems to thrill rather than disgust his audience.

At the same time, Dent is suffering from a closed head injury, broken ribs, and a fractured orbital but had not been allowed to see a doctor for his injuries.

Dent could not even respond to this video. He told Local 4 he was just too disgusted to respond.

When a judge looked at the video of the vicious beating following a traffic stop, she was appalled. She threw out multiple charges against him.

When Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy saw the video she dropped the rest of Dent’s charges and issued criminal charges against Melendez, the now-fired officer caught on tape choking and punching Dent in the head.

“Mr. Dent’s drug charge will be dismissed to the best interest of justice and accordingly Mr. William Melendez is being charged by our office,” Worthy said last week.

But Inkster didn’t immediately turn over this video from inside the police station.

The Inkster Police officials watched the videos didn’t think Dent deserved to have them as part of his defense against serious felonies he was charged with at the time. They claim these videos were not specifically requested.

Dent’s attorneys say the second someone in authority observed officers making fun of an injured prisoner, they should have notified the prosecutor. They also say the defense should have received copies of the tapes.

“I feel like I have to apologize as a white male in America for what happened to Floyd Dent,” said Rohl. “It’s an outrage. I’m absolutely stunned and disturbed that this could happen.”

Inkster’s chief of police has since resigned and others caught on tape both at the scene and in the police station are finally being investigated, almost two months after the incident.

“And what about the other officers in that video? The answer to you is they will be under investigation as well,” Inkster city manager Richard Marsh said during a recent news conference.

According to Inkster Mayor Hilliard Hampton, the city council had ordered Marsh and Inkster’s City Attorney to provide them with a detailed account of their involvement and response to the Dent incident.

Those reports are due on the mayor’s desk Monday. Hampton has promised to take disciplinary action against anyone who broke the rules.

As for Floyd Dent, he doesn’t need a report to know what happened that night at the Inkster police station: “These officers just didn't care.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i can't even read all of this article.
Apr 29th 2015
They sprinkled coke on him AND I AM NOT JOKING
Apr 29th 2015
I'm equally appalled, but they riot when there is no action taken
Apr 29th 2015
      agreed.
Apr 29th 2015
I can't read it either...
Apr 29th 2015
I updated the original post with links that actually work...
Apr 29th 2015
      no, i meant i could not stomach it.
Apr 29th 2015
           Same here...
Apr 29th 2015
...nevermind. Just fucking sick.
Apr 29th 2015
the cop did an interview after he was fired....i was even more disguaste...
Apr 29th 2015
Inkster cops been dirty, just glad it's finally coming to light
Apr 29th 2015
He was fired? Someone start a GoFundMe
Apr 29th 2015
Fucked but happens in some form all the time, sadly
Apr 29th 2015
Detroit and Pontiac cops will be quittin in droves
Apr 29th 2015
      I didn't even think about those possibilities. I can't imagine the fear.
Apr 30th 2015

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i can't even read all of this article."
In response to Reply # 0

fuck you.

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "They sprinkled coke on him AND I AM NOT JOKING"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Apr-29-15 03:29 PM by DaHeathenOne76

"The Inkster Police officials watched the videos didn’t think Dent deserved to have them as part of his defense against serious felonies he was charged with at the time. They claim these videos were not specifically requested."

This particular officer was fired from Detroit for the same shit Excessive force and planting evidence

And this is why people protest and riot...

We are simmering in 313 and I hope its not a long hot summer...
http://www.iamsharandajones.org/help

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I'm equally appalled, but they riot when there is no action taken"
In response to Reply # 2

and in this case all the right actions are being taken it would seem. Not crazy about dudes white guilt, but better that than rioting and inaction.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:36 PM

5. "agreed."
In response to Reply # 3
Wed Apr-29-15 03:37 PM by SoWhat

bad policing happens and will always happen. we are upset and are demanding that appropriate action is taken to handle police misconduct. of course, we'd also like to see less misconduct. but ppl being ppl we have to live w/a certain amount of misconduct. the goal is 0 but we have to expect some.

everybody is fired or resigned, the defendant's case was dismissed, the police are under investigation. we'll have to watch that investigation.

fuck you.

Brownsugar
Charter member
9491 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:35 PM

4. "I can't read it either..."
In response to Reply # 0

Life is getting really scary !!!

LUV MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND!!!

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28848 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:45 PM

7. "I updated the original post with links that actually work..."
In response to Reply # 4

No empathy for white misery (c) BDot

"root for everybody black haters say that's crazy, wow..."

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:59 PM

9. "no, i meant i could not stomach it."
In response to Reply # 7

fuck you.

Brownsugar
Charter member
9491 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 04:22 PM

11. "Same here..."
In response to Reply # 9

Racism is stinkin' in the air + a fucked up economy...it all just makes me feel depressed !!!

LUV MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND!!!

Jon
Charter member
18687 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:40 PM

6. "...nevermind. Just fucking sick."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Apr-29-15 03:44 PM by Jon

lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 03:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "the cop did an interview after he was fired....i was even more disguaste..."
In response to Reply # 0

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 04:04 PM

10. "Inkster cops been dirty, just glad it's finally coming to light"
In response to Reply # 0

there was a reason I never really fucked with Inkster, Ecorse, Wayne and all them other lil bullshit ass cities west of Tha D. Their cops are all on that bullshit.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 04:40 PM

12. "He was fired? Someone start a GoFundMe"
In response to Reply # 0

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 04:57 PM

13. "Fucked but happens in some form all the time, sadly"
In response to Reply # 0

Not to mention the threats and intimidation.

Imagine when female suspects who the cops fuck with start coming forward. So much fucked up shit. It's not safe to be taken into custody, period.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Wed Apr-29-15 05:19 PM

14. "Detroit and Pontiac cops will be quittin in droves"
In response to Reply # 13

I know women with stories about them niggas...

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.

Doronmonkflake
Member since Jan 10th 2007
11078 posts
Thu Apr-30-15 08:42 PM

15. "I didn't even think about those possibilities. I can't imagine the fear."
In response to Reply # 14

Smh

Da bayball, babeh. (c) Charlie Kelly.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12794011 Previous topic | Next topic