Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12792882

Subject: "apply this equation: anger at apple justifies lashing at orange" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Jon
Charter member
18687 posts
Tue Apr-28-15 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"apply this equation: anger at apple justifies lashing at orange"
Tue Apr-28-15 01:15 PM by Jon

If Al Qaeda bombs a tower, the anger makes it understandable to bomb villages and beat up Sikh folk

If a man's wife is raped by an NHL player, its not right but understandable if his anger leads him to punch his niece. If his nephew says stop, he's just trying to protect the NHL player from a random little girl being punched. That's what the NHL player gets.

But we shouldn't be too hard on the NHL player because

He only raped the man's wife because he was hurt that his father was kidnapped by a profiteering military and sent to die in Vietnam. He was deperate to feel in control of something or someone.

I'm not saying it's smart, but I get it if someone whose life's work was looted and burned by angry kids feels anger and has to take it out on a subsistence farmer's cows. The farmer needs to understand where that man is coming from.

But if the tomatoes in your vegetable garden are poisoned by an undercover Monsanto agent, and your tomato-loving son dies, you need to stop pussyfooting around and rise up against the old lady down the block who carries $100 in her purse.

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
in memory of menphyel7 I'm trying to take a more positive stance
Apr 28th 2015

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Tue Apr-28-15 01:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "in memory of menphyel7 I'm trying to take a more positive stance"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm often failing, but here we go.

I appreciate your unique viewpoint. I think it is well encompassed by existing posts and look forward to you expressing it there.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12792882 Previous topic | Next topic