Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12787556

Subject: "Belle Gibson admits never having cancer/made millions selling whole food..." Previous topic | Next topic
GameTheory
Member since Jun 06th 2012
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Belle Gibson admits never having cancer/made millions selling whole food..."
Wed Apr-22-15 12:45 PM by GameTheory

None of it’s true': wellness blogger Belle Gibson admits she never had cancer
Gibson, who built a wellness empire on the back of claims she cured terminal brain cancer through diet and lifestyle, has admitted deceiving her followers

Belle Gibson has spoken to the media for the first time since questions were raised about her cancer claims. Photograph: Penguin
Melissa Davey

@MelissaLDavey
Wednesday 22 April 2015 02.59 EDTLast modified on Wednesday 22 April 2015 12.40 EDT

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via Email
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Google+
Shares

Disgraced wellness blogger Belle Gibson, who built an online community and sold a recipe book off the back of claims she cured terminal brain cancer through diet and lifestyle alone, has admitted she never had cancer.

“None of it’s true,” Gibson told the Australian Women’s Weekly in an interview to be published on Thursday.

“I don’t want forgiveness. I just think was the responsible thing to do. Above anything, I would like people to say, ‘OK, she’s human.’”

Gibson’s wellness empire, which included a mobile phone app called The Whole Pantry and a website and recipe book of the same name, began to fall apart in March when it was revealed she never made thousands of dollars in charity donations she promised off the back of money raised through her success.

Later that month, Gibson said she had been “wrongly” diagnosed with cancers she claimed to have in her blood, spleen, uterus and liver by a German magnetic therapist, but maintained her terminal brain cancer was real.

She refused to show journalists medical records or any proof to back her claims that by shunning conventional medicine, her brain cancer had been kept in check.

The Women’s Weekly interview is the first time Gibson has spoken to the media following questions being raised about her cancer claims.

“During the interviews, whenever challenged, Belle cried easily and muddled her words,” the Women’s Weekly reports.

“She says she is passionate about avoiding gluten, dairy and coffee, but doesn’t really understand how cancer works.”

When questions began to be asked about Gibson’s story last month, she experienced a swift backlash on social media, with many people who followed her saying they felt betrayed. She began deleting her social media accounts and blogposts about her various illnesses.

Many criticised Gibson for putting cancer sufferers in danger by suggesting dietary approaches alone could successfully treat them.

Consumer Affairs Victoria is now investigating Gibson, while Penguin has ceased publishing her recipe book and the Apple store no longer offers her app for download.

News Ltd, which appears to have obtained a full copy of the Women’s Weekly interview ahead of publication, reports Gibson fails to explain fully why she lied, saying only that she had a difficult childhood.

Her false illness claims date back to 2009, when she claimed on an internet forum to have undergone multiple heart surgeries and to have died on the operating table.

In the days following the allegations against her, Gibson posted on social media that she was being bullied and had changed “thousands of lives for the better”.

Meanwhile, the media was criticised for running glowing articles about Gibson prior to the allegations coming to light without properly checking the facts of her story.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/apr/22/none-of-its-true-wellness-blogger-belle-gibson-admits-she-never-had-cancer

Poll result (17 votes)
She's gotten people killed (3 votes)Vote
No foul done (2 votes)Vote
She should go to jail (12 votes)Vote
Berries do cure cancer tho. Word to Steve Jobs (0 votes)Vote
I'm crazy enough to think she's right. I'm also scientifically illiterate (0 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
This should be a criminal offense
Apr 22nd 2015
Pseudoscience wonks are some DANGEROUS people man
Apr 22nd 2015
How is it not? Basic fraud, right?
Apr 22nd 2015
people I shouldn't feel sorry for, and don't (c)
Apr 22nd 2015
Those who listened or Belle herself?
Apr 22nd 2015
      I don't really feel sorry for those super gullible folks
Apr 22nd 2015
      naw, her.
Apr 22nd 2015
           Natural foods DO NOT "cure" cancers. So just stop that bullshit
Apr 22nd 2015
                he didn't say "cure" he said stop from developing and spreading...
Apr 22nd 2015
                     WTF do think "cure" means?
Apr 22nd 2015
                          First off...I work in cancer research every day so please TRUST
Apr 22nd 2015
                          And none of this averts your recklessness. Cure. Means. Cure.
Apr 22nd 2015
                               is Aleve a "pain cure" or a "pain reliever"?
Apr 22nd 2015
                               Do you NOT understand berries do NOT have any effect on cancer?
Apr 22nd 2015
                               you really have issues.
Apr 22nd 2015
                               he's hype and seeing something not there...
Apr 22nd 2015
                               What recklessness? Why are you so HYPE because you don't know
Apr 22nd 2015
                                    I think it's the gluten in his diet.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                    Wanna explain why you defend berries "curing" cancer, tho?
Apr 22nd 2015
                                         literally, where did anyone say that?
Apr 22nd 2015
                                         Point to me where I or anyone else said this. Thanks
Apr 22nd 2015
                                              You did this HERE
Apr 22nd 2015
                                              YOU MAD. YOU HYPE. YOU SO MAD AND HYPE YOU CANT READ
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                   Wow. The "woman" card? GTFOH...B
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                        I ain't read all that. YOU MAD. We all know it. n/m.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                             You pulled the "I'm a woman" card in post 53. You lost.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                                  You mad.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                                       "You're just mad I'm a woman" - Post 53"
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                                            You right. n/m.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                              Please stop throwing around them "credentials" as if they mean anything
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                   you got a snapshot. n/m
Apr 23rd 2015
                                                   hi deejborn. who let you back in here
Apr 23rd 2015
                          it's not semantics. I didn't say cure.
Apr 22nd 2015
                               What's funny is the ACS has a whole section
Apr 22nd 2015
                               little known fact, but also a food "cure": word soup.
Apr 22nd 2015
                               Again. WRONG. A Cell Surface receptor is NOT affected by diet.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                    ok, lets go to the prerequisite for Biology 101 which is
Apr 22nd 2015
                                         He's mad and wrong, and can't let it go. Fuck him.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                         lol exactly, I'ma let him cook
Apr 22nd 2015
                                         The ACS condones "positive thinking" too. Doesn't meant it works.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                              You mad.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                   You pulled the "I'm a woman" card in post 53. You lost.
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                        You the one who can't read. You're mad. n/m
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                             "You're just mad I'm a woman" - Post 53
Apr 22nd 2015
                                                                  LOL. ok. n/m
Apr 22nd 2015
                                         DUMBASS. STOP SAYING BERRIES SLOW THE DEV. OF CANCER
Apr 22nd 2015
                                              you're right. you are clearly the intellectual
Apr 22nd 2015
Choice quote:
Apr 22nd 2015
fucking magnets
Apr 22nd 2015
lol.
Apr 22nd 2015
passionate about eliminating gluten #wps
Apr 22nd 2015
#rotd . lmbao.
Apr 22nd 2015
and dairy gets thrown under the bus again
Apr 22nd 2015
If there's a hell below... she needs to go
Apr 22nd 2015
She's PROBABLY guilty of manslaughter somewhere
Apr 22nd 2015
      lol on some real life Gone Girl shit
Apr 22nd 2015
how does Penguin, Apple, etc. sell all her shit without vetting?
Apr 22nd 2015
The responsible thing to do: give all of her $ to cancer charity.
Apr 22nd 2015
well, damn.
Apr 22nd 2015
shocked! shocked i say!
Apr 22nd 2015
There's some hoe on IG that I use to follow that believes that
Apr 22nd 2015
She's kinda right, but not right at all.
Apr 23rd 2015
I voted red
Apr 22nd 2015
A bad childhood makes me lie about having cancer for profit.
Apr 22nd 2015
major media outlets lose again
Apr 22nd 2015
exactly...she's a sociopath (like madoff etc)...
Apr 23rd 2015
She should be given cancer.
Apr 22nd 2015
and lock up her nuts and berries.
Apr 23rd 2015
So.
Apr 22nd 2015
are some of y'all starting to realize why OKFits go so hard
Apr 22nd 2015
Didn't you know kale increases spiritual chakra output?
Apr 22nd 2015
Life has it's own way of dealing with such people
Apr 22nd 2015
It really doesn't though. This is proof Karma isn't real
Apr 22nd 2015
      Tell that to Suge Knight
Apr 22nd 2015
           Unless Suge is charged going back to playground bullying karma aint real
Apr 22nd 2015
                It's about as real as bullets that Suge has caught multiple times
Apr 22nd 2015
she's human
Apr 22nd 2015
Lesson: If your name ends in ....el Gibson, you are probably an asshole
Apr 22nd 2015
Right? How else would it turn out with that name?
Apr 22nd 2015
      I bet Tyreses brother, Latrell, aint shit either
Apr 22nd 2015
           Don't you know who my brother is!! ??
Apr 23rd 2015
She's Australian. Never heard of her.
Apr 22nd 2015
Under the jail.
Apr 23rd 2015
"You mad" is a silly copout, but it's not like civil dialogue with GT is...
Apr 23rd 2015
This is the thing...
Apr 23rd 2015
      If slowing the"development and spread" of cancer isn't a cure, what is?
Apr 23rd 2015
           Didn't I already say you right? What you want a cookie too? n/m.
Apr 23rd 2015
           Stop using the Woman card a la post 53 & 79
Apr 23rd 2015
                I haven't read any of your replies since yesterday.
Apr 23rd 2015
                     Remind everyone that you're a woman again. Maybe we'll understand
Apr 23rd 2015
                          You so right. So wise and smart. n/m
Apr 23rd 2015
           no dog in the fight but prevention and cure arent the same thing.
Apr 23rd 2015
man...this shit hits me so hard...
Apr 23rd 2015
coworker just passed from cancer. He went holistic
Apr 23rd 2015
Meh Buyer beware at all costs
Apr 23rd 2015
Ehh...it's a lot...
Apr 23rd 2015
      Thanks for answering
Apr 23rd 2015
      exactly.
Apr 23rd 2015
           i agree w/y'all.
Apr 23rd 2015
WE DO NOT WANT THIS SICKNESS.
Apr 23rd 2015
These suto (c) Sundasill medical science post always bring out the crazi...
Apr 23rd 2015

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "This should be a criminal offense"
In response to Reply # 0

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:33 PM

2. "Pseudoscience wonks are some DANGEROUS people man"
In response to Reply # 1

They don't even know that they're wrong and getting into arguments with them is like pissing away hours of your life.

All those nuts and berries doesn't change a fundamental lack of understanding of science...or flat out lying

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44256 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 03:04 PM

33. "How is it not? Basic fraud, right?"
In response to Reply # 1

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:38 PM

3. "people I shouldn't feel sorry for, and don't (c)"
In response to Reply # 0

Musica Negra
#13irteen

GameTheory
1642 posts

4. "Those who listened or Belle herself?"
In response to Reply # 3

Cause I'm tempted to blame both...

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "I don't really feel sorry for those super gullible folks"
In response to Reply # 4

This person doesn't really have much to have sympathy for.
She already made her money.

But if you are shunning doctors' recommendations in favor of some random person on the internet slanging whole grains, I can't feel sorry for you.

I have more sympathy for the folks that get duped by people like Dr. Oz since there is at least a hint of credibility.

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:57 PM

10. "naw, her."
In response to Reply # 4

Cancer victims getting their hopes up?

I could never hate on that. People who feel like they don't have any options of course will look to any plausible avenue for success.

And a natural, whole foods diet can help certain cancers from developing and spreading.

but to knowingly lie and misrepresent facts at the expense of other people? Can't clap to that.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:06 PM

12. "Natural foods DO NOT "cure" cancers. So just stop that bullshit"
In response to Reply # 10

Eating healthy is one thing

But "stopping" cancer is a completely false statement and misrepresents the most simple arguments.

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
16. "he didn't say "cure" he said stop from developing and spreading..."
In response to Reply # 12

two totally different things.

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:22 PM

18. "WTF do think "cure" means? "
In response to Reply # 16

Don't try and play semantics with me on this.

This shit is serious.

No amount of nuts and berries is going to affect cell surface tyrosine receptor kinase function in certain types of cancers.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:33 PM

22. "First off...I work in cancer research every day so please TRUST "
In response to Reply # 18

and believe that I KNOW this is serious and no i don't think some bullshit nuts and berries "cures" cancer.

Secondly we are speaking on the term "cure." Cure means to "relieve (a person or animal) of the symptoms of a disease or condition."
He didn't say "cure" he said help from developing...developing meaning to become cancer...surely that can be read as "prevent" the development and spread. That's not the same as a "cure." that's a treatment and a prevention.

Cure and Treatment are not synonymous at all in cancer. Please be clear that many cancers do NOT have a cure, they are just treated to relieve symptoms.

Does that make it more clear for you?

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:44 PM

23. "And none of this averts your recklessness. Cure. Means. Cure. "
In response to Reply # 22

And no. No berries and greens are going to stop/abate/limit/inhibit/prevent/avert/slow/retard/etc any form of cancer.r

none of them.

So don't even play this word-soup game trying to pretend that this dude meant anything other than changing of symptoms.

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:50 PM

25. "is Aleve a "pain cure" or a "pain reliever"?"
In response to Reply # 23

Is there a cure for aids or a treatement for tolerating it?

Is there a cure for a torn ACL or a protocol for a reconstruction?

cures are definitely a thing in and of itself, however YOU (and her) are the only ones talking about a cure.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:12 PM

50. "Do you NOT understand berries do NOT have any effect on cancer?"
In response to Reply # 25

LIke. Not even as something that you claim as something that "stops development and spreading" (not to mention how unqualified you sound to even say something that low-brow) is demonstrated to have ANY association with ANY diet.

Just admit you don't know WTF you're talking about and we'll be done here.

The fact that you want to separate "cure" from "treatment" shows how slow you are.

IT DOESNT MATTER.

GREENS/BERRIES/KIT-KATS DONT DO ANYTHING RELATING TO CANCER.

No cures.

No relief.

Nothing.

ESPECIALLY when it comes to the CONSUMPTION of these items in the GI tract...Like...pharmacologically, you sound SO outclassed here.

Come. The. Hell. On. Son.

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:54 PM

26. "you really have issues. "

she nor manC said cure or meant cure

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:56 PM

28. "he's hype and seeing something not there..."
In response to Reply # 26

this topic must hit a sore spot with him.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:55 PM

27. "What recklessness? Why are you so HYPE because you don't know"

what words means? And I think you're talking to the wrong person because NO WHERE in this thread or any other thread did I ever say that he was correct in his assertion, matter of fact, I think I said "no nuts and berries do NOT cure cancer." calm down.

if you ever WORKED in oncology, then you'd know that no one uses the term "cure" in regards to treatments because there are no cures...yet you being hype over a word that if YOU googled it would tell you that cure means "relieve" symptoms and he didn't say "diet makes cancer go away."

Sheesh you hype and mad at the wrong ppl. this bitch made you mad, then go to her comments and fight.

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 02:58 PM

32. "I think it's the gluten in his diet."
In response to Reply # 27

aint no cure for that.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 03:30 PM

36. "Wanna explain why you defend berries "curing" cancer, tho?"
In response to Reply # 27

Cause this is what you and your sycophant said.

I don't care if you researched GLEEVEC or filed papers at Glaxo, you don't know what you're talking about by even trying to flex.

You messed up and you need to just fall back.

I called you out on speaking recklessly, so just accept the L and fall back. All this "you're hype" nonsense is irrelevant.

You condone aligning natural foods as a form of cancer treatment.

Just admit that you don't understand cancer treatments, cures, or remedies...and move on.

Otherwise, we both know you don't wanna present your credentials, or lack thereof.

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 03:55 PM

40. "literally, where did anyone say that?"
In response to Reply # 36

how do you purport yourself as a man who delves in fact and you can't even fact check us for what we actually SAID, not what you believe we said?

smart/dumb niggas and shit (c)

Musica Negra
#13irteen

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 04:28 PM

42. "Point to me where I or anyone else said this. Thanks"
In response to Reply # 36
Wed Apr-22-15 04:30 PM by StephBMore

wait...I messed up, so I need to fall back...but you're the one in here amped.

Yes I will flaunt myself.
I have a BS in Biology with a minor in Chem
I have a masters in Public Health
Working on two major papers in HPV and cervical cancer.
working on one in urology
I work with one of the top GYN Oncologist in not only NY, but all of America.

So please tell me again where I said specifically "berries cure cancer." I'll wait.

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:04 PM

47. "You did this HERE"
In response to Reply # 42

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12787556&mesg_id=12787556&page=#12787652

See, when you want to cover up for someone who says that "cure" and "developing and spreading" are interchangeable, then you need to truly think about what you're aligning yourself with.

Impressive resume. Unfortunately, you're not a physician. You're not even a science researcher on a graduate level or beyond (Hint: I am). You're working from an epidemiological understanding. Not a biochemical one.

If you think theres a difference between curing cancer and "stopping the development and spreading" of cancer...in relation to EATING GRAPES AND PEANUTS...then yes, this is effectively what you did.

That you don't understand this is INCREDIBLY troubling.

Even further, TWIGS AND BERRIES DO NOT STOP THE DEVELOPMENT OR SPREADING OF CANCER!!!!

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:16 PM

53. "YOU MAD. YOU HYPE. YOU SO MAD AND HYPE YOU CANT READ"
In response to Reply # 47
Wed Apr-22-15 06:20 PM by StephBMore

all I did was CLARIFY what he said...then I stated, many times, that "no berries don't cure cancer" which he also stated many times...yet you speak on semantics, yet clearly, you don't even KNOW what basic words mean...you probably don't even know what semantics means.

The fact is neither of us brought up berries at all...YOU DID.

I doubt you got beyond a 5th grade education. It's actually sad. But enjoy your lack of intelligence. This has been fun.

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:23 PM

56. "Wow. The "woman" card? GTFOH...B"
In response to Reply # 53

Listen up dummy.

If someone says "cancer can be slowed in development and spreading with healthy diets"

Do you know what that means?

Do you know what DEVELOPMENT AND SPREADING is in relation to cancer?

ITS FUCKING CANCER!!!

So yes, if YOU and your dumbass OKP buddy keep saying that cancer can be averted with "eating clean" then that means "eating clean" prevents or delays or stops cancers.

Thats LITERALLY what a cure/treatment is.

There is NO debate on this

If dude wants to say "eating healthy will "SLOW THE DEVELOPMENT AND SPREAD OF CANCER"

WHAT

THE

FUCK

DOES

THAT

MEAN

...if its not a cure/treatment?

Cause if its slowing the development of cancer...IT FUCKING CURES CANCER.

BUT SINCE WE KNOW THESE THINGS DO NOT HELP CURE CANCER...WE CAN SAY THE FOLLOWING:

1. You defended someone who condoned the use of "healthy eating" as a form of cancer prevention...which is not only false, its biochemically impossible (as far as the literature is concerned)

2. You tried to pretend that the word "cure" was something COMPLETELY different from "a treatment/relief/etc". Dumbass

3. I don't care if you're a woman. You're an idiot and no amount of credential pulling will change the fact you're also prone to supporting pseudoscientific quackery. Realign your chakras on your bedpost idiot.

And I don't give a flying hilary clinton that you refused a PhD. Let me know when you'll have this MD like I will in lil' bit. Even further,

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:25 PM

57. "I ain't read all that. YOU MAD. We all know it. n/m. "
In response to Reply # 56

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:28 PM

61. "You pulled the "I'm a woman" card in post 53. You lost."
In response to Reply # 57

Must be tough feeling constantly inadequate because you think its that people think you're a woman...

...and not because of your inability present the notion that you're intellectually capable keeping up with conversation.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:30 PM

62. "You mad."
In response to Reply # 61

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:32 PM

66. ""You're just mad I'm a woman" - Post 53""
In response to Reply # 62

Are you your research group's affirmative action hire?

Since, thats apart of the methodology you use to make scientific arguments, and all...

StephBMore
1373 posts

67. "You right. n/m."
In response to Reply # 66

poboytroy
Member since Apr 22nd 2015
28 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 09:24 PM

74. "Please stop throwing around them "credentials" as if they mean anything"
In response to Reply # 42

>wait...I messed up, so I need to fall back...but you're the
>one in here amped.
>
>Yes I will flaunt myself.
>I have a BS in Biology with a minor in Chem
>I have a masters in Public Health
>Working on two major papers in HPV and cervical cancer.
>working on one in urology
>I work with one of the top GYN Oncologist in not only NY, but
>all of America.

you just listed essentially as much "experience" as a 23 year old fresh out with a wet diploma
you can get a 5yr MPH
and immediately start working with a "top" researcher on multiple papers simultaneously
or, at least that's what i did back in 2001
but i worked in a consulting center so i worked with multiple Top Researchers in the world

shit means nothing really

and all them stats you listed they prolly paying you bout $60k

i know
i used to count blood cells too
but i use the same algorithms to count dollars and my bank accts thank me
same work
different topics
but the pay is greater

disclaimer: i write algorithms to sell massive amounts of cancer drugs mainly
but i dabble in other novel drugs if they need my assistance on the fly
but oncology is where it's at right now
you're in nyc
holla at Flatiron
they doing it BIG right now
got that google money behind them

StephBMore
1373 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 06:00 AM

78. "you got a snapshot. n/m"
In response to Reply # 74
Thu Apr-23-15 06:21 AM by StephBMore

astralblak
Member since Apr 05th 2007
20029 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 02:07 PM

95. "hi deejborn. who let you back in here"
In response to Reply # 74

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:47 PM

24. "it's not semantics. I didn't say cure."
In response to Reply # 18

Doctors rarely say cure, they say "treat" or "reconstruct" or "relief".

Cures are few and far between. However, as I said (and as Steph has put it) whole foods dieting can help reduce the development and spread of cancers. So much of the contemporary eruption of cancer diagnoses has stemmed from the nature of our contemporary diet, processed food, and how those things feed into our biochemistry to create the breeding grounds for these cancers to develop and spread.

Therefore, given that that is a plausible assertion and hypothesis, I would not blame anyone with cancer for stumbling across her site with her bonafide testimony claiming that SHE "cured" her cancer with these methods.

She sold a false hope, but I don't blame them for buying it one bit. She was recklessly irresponsible. They were fighting for a solution to a terminal illness. Not even the same neighborhood, nor planet.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 02:09 PM

29. "What's funny is the ACS has a whole section "
In response to Reply # 24

devoted to oncology nutrition and foods that can help to aid in the prevention of cancer....

http://www.cancer.org/healthy/eathealthygetactive/acsguidelinesonnutritionphysicalactivityforcancerprevention/index

And so many doctors refer patients to oncology nutritionist to help them create better diets to aid in their treatment...

but...I'm sleep.

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 02:56 PM

31. "little known fact, but also a food "cure": word soup."
In response to Reply # 29

delicious and nutritious.

"cures" poor vocabulary, however a slight side effect is hemorrhaging nonsensical dialogue.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 03:34 PM

37. "Again. WRONG. A Cell Surface receptor is NOT affected by diet."
In response to Reply # 24

...And this is only in reference to some types of cancer since cancer is an umbrella term for a range of diseases and ailments.

Even further, no your diet has NO connection to the cellular issues of genetic programming and protein availability with respect to cancer in ANY demonstrable or scientifically reproducible fashion.

So yes, your use of "reducing development" means treatment...adn thus suggests kale helps prevent cancer.

False.

Theres no evidence of this and even further, theres no biochemical pathways suggesting this.

Its clear that you're trying to massage the language to fit in with your misunderstanding of what biochemistry is or how metabolism actually even works. Not to mention, basic cell biology.

Those wikipedia links won't save you. Holler at me when you actually understand something after biology 101.

You're wrong. And you need to understand this.

This isn't emotional for me, its factual.

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 03:54 PM

39. "ok, lets go to the prerequisite for Biology 101 which is"
In response to Reply # 37

basic common sense.

now, there's only one task on this syllabus, and it is a pass/fail semester.

SHOW ME ANYWHERE WHERE I SAID THAT EATING NUTS AND BERRIES WOULD CURE CANCER.

Let's start there, and then we can go forward with any parts of class.

I agree with the premise that a whole foods diet is not a cure for cancer, which is why I intentionally did not say that, as it would be a problematic statement.

To have a friend who's mother is a cancer survivor and his father currently battling cancer to have both had benefits in their treatment to reduce the spread and even aid their chemotherapy in the remission of cancer cells has been directly related to the whole foods diet they both participated in during treatment (again, not "cure".) It is not lost on me the sensitivity for real people dealing with the real issue of facing this terminal diagnosis with no alternatives. If you had read my original reply you would have seen that it is why I never lumped in the victims of her deception with her. However, to assert that diet has no effect whatsoever on cell structure even on a basic cellular level is asinine, 10, 11, AND 12.

Again, for the record, NO one thinks you can cure cancer by eating nuts and berries. Again tho, let's see if you can pass just this test, and then I am willing to entertain any misconceptions you have on a conceptualization of facts beyond that premise.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 04:32 PM

43. "He's mad and wrong, and can't let it go. Fuck him."
In response to Reply # 39
Wed Apr-22-15 04:34 PM by StephBMore

He wanna be hype, loud, and wrong let him. He is only proving that not only is he stupid and illiterate, but he lacks reading comprehension skills. and what's funny is, what he asks for about aligning diet with cancer treatment is in the link above...that I been posted...that's approved by the American Cancer Society. But I'm sure they are wrong too.
LMAO.

This is hilarious.

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 04:41 PM

44. "lol exactly, I'ma let him cook"
In response to Reply # 43

hopefuly whole foods, tho they too will not cure what ails him.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:15 PM

52. "The ACS condones "positive thinking" too. Doesn't meant it works. "
In response to Reply # 43

Theres tons of research on alternative medicine claims as SUPPLEMENTS, not replacements.

Holistic approaches are used to hopefully embrace any positive benefits that may exist, not that they necessarily have been shown to actually be present.

That being said, the ACS might suggest for you to "eat better" but thats in relation to overall health...not the literal improvement of your cancer.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:16 PM

54. "You mad."
In response to Reply # 52

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:27 PM

59. "You pulled the "I'm a woman" card in post 53. You lost. "
In response to Reply # 54
Wed Apr-22-15 06:28 PM by GameTheory

Must be tough feeling constantly inadequate because you think its that people think you're a woman...

...and not because of your inability present the notion that you're intellectually capable keeping up with conversation.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:28 PM

60. "You the one who can't read. You're mad. n/m"
In response to Reply # 59

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:31 PM

64. ""You're just mad I'm a woman" - Post 53"
In response to Reply # 60

Are you your research group's affirmative action hire?

Since, thats apart of the methodology you use to make scientific arguments, and all...

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:33 PM

68. "LOL. ok. n/m"
In response to Reply # 64

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:06 PM

48. "DUMBASS. STOP SAYING BERRIES SLOW THE DEV. OF CANCER"
In response to Reply # 39

ITS FLAT OUT WRONG.

I don't care if you didn't use the word "cure"

Because a therapy/cure/treatment are one in the same if they DO something.

These "diets" do NOTHING to help cancer.

This isn't PKU or something. (Do you even know what that is?)

This is cancer...not some folate deficiency.

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 07:17 PM

69. "you're right. you are clearly the intellectual"
In response to Reply # 48

authority on this matter, Mr. Cancer.org.

You are so scholarly and grad level researchy with your "mad" and "woman" and "berries" and "dumbass" and all caps.

Please do us all a favor then and edit your website, as well as all the other studies and journals drawing a relation to diet and prevention and assisted remission of Cancer. When agencies infer that cancer treatment methods could be assisted with proper diet, as well as reducing risks and promoting the effectiveness of treatments, then it is really confusing when YOUR narrative is in fact no, there is no relation whatsoever.

Make those edits, and please esteem your colleagues so that we may keep up to date on the findings from your painstaking research. And since you are a "physician" please tell your patients this as well. Thank goodness my friends' parents didn't have you guiding them because their success can definitely be attributed to adding their nutrition as a component of their overall cancer treatment.

I'll let you cook tho. Eat steak brah.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

blackrussian
Member since Oct 17th 2010
6498 posts

5. "Choice quote:"
In response to Reply # 0

"She says she is passionate about avoiding gluten, dairy and coffee, but doesn’t really understand how cancer works.”

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:39 PM

6. "fucking magnets"
In response to Reply # 5

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:07 PM

13. "lol. "
In response to Reply # 6

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:57 PM

11. "passionate about eliminating gluten #wps"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm passionate about eliminating poverty, but to each their own, lol

Musica Negra
#13irteen

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:08 PM

14. "#rotd . lmbao. "
In response to Reply # 11

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:24 PM

"and dairy gets thrown under the bus again"

tired of y'all dairy haters

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79499 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:40 PM

7. "If there's a hell below... she needs to go "
In response to Reply # 0

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 12:41 PM

8. "She's PROBABLY guilty of manslaughter somewhere"
In response to Reply # 7

Steve Jobs went out the same way on all those juice smoothies and we see how that turned out.

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts

65. "lol on some real life Gone Girl shit "
In response to Reply # 8

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

legsdiamond
79499 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:17 PM

15. "how does Penguin, Apple, etc. sell all her shit without vetting?"
In response to Reply # 0

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86665 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:21 PM

17. "The responsible thing to do: give all of her $ to cancer charity."
In response to Reply # 0

She won't though. Obviously.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:24 PM

19. "well, damn. "
In response to Reply # 0

WOW.

fuck you.

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:25 PM

20. "shocked! shocked i say!"
In response to Reply # 0

yeah not at all
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 01:29 PM

21. "There's some hoe on IG that I use to follow that believes that "
In response to Reply # 0

cancer is caused by negative energy and people need to let go of hurt and pain and embrace pain to cure themselves of cancer and if I ever meet her in person I'd fuck her up on site.

There are children DYING from cancer and you gonna tell them "let go of that negative energy little kid."

FOH

and this bitch is grimy and should go to jail...if nothing else, she stole money from people believing she was who she claimed. She's a con artist and a swindler. I would say I wish she did get cancer so she would know this is not something to lie about but that's not very nice.

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 02:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
98. "She's kinda right, but not right at all."
In response to Reply # 21

>cancer is caused by negative energy and people need to let go
>of hurt and pain and embrace pain to cure themselves of cancer
>and if I ever meet her in person I'd fuck her up on site.
>
>There are children DYING from cancer and you gonna tell them
>"let go of that negative energy little kid."
>
>FOH

I do feel that negative energy can effect our health, but to say it's cancer is kinda overkill. Perhaps it's bad for our mental health, why not leave it at that.

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg

Get 25% off www.karmaloop.com w/ rep code JR9103 |
Nike, G-Star, Herschel, Adidas (Men's & Women's clothing)

sunkissd
Member since Dec 06th 2004
291 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 02:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
30. "I voted red"
In response to Reply # 0

It breaks my heart to know that countless cancer patients have lost their lives with the hope of getting cured.

I lost a childhood friend to cancer earlier on this year because she wholeheartedly believed that she could beat cancer by eating lots of greens, organic foods and pills from her natropathic doctor.

It was so sad to watch her health deteriorate so quickly because she was sold these false dreams.

She was advised to start chemotherapy treatment as soon as possible because she had two types of cancer that were very aggressive. My friend was told that her cancers were treatable with chemo and the chance for survival was high.

She opted to take the natropath route. Everyone around her urged her to consider chemo, especially since here in Canada, the government actually pays for chemotherapy treatments as well as all of those expensive post-treatment tests. The government doesn't pay for natropath cancer treatment.

After wasting thousands of dollars to get treated the natural way, she finally decided to get chemotherapy, but it was too late, she was too sick and weak to fight.

Sadly, my friend passed away on her birthday....less than 8 months after getting diagnosed. She would probably still be here today if she took the advice of her doctors.

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20758 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 03:08 PM

34. "A bad childhood makes me lie about having cancer for profit."
In response to Reply # 0

Makes sense -__-
____

TWITTER : Heinz21st

IG : H_N_Z

will_5198
Charter member
63106 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 03:08 PM

35. "major media outlets lose again"
In response to Reply # 0

she's a sociopath, but it should have never gotten to the point where she was given book deals and hundreds of published media features/endorsements

--------

rdhull
Charter member
33126 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 10:51 AM

88. "exactly...she's a sociopath (like madoff etc)..."
In response to Reply # 35

>she's a sociopath, but it should have never gotten to the
>point where she was given book deals and hundreds of published
>media features/endorsements

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 03:52 PM

38. "She should be given cancer."
In response to Reply # 0

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 02:13 PM

96. "and lock up her nuts and berries."
In response to Reply # 38

Marla
Charter member
18577 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 04:02 PM

41. "So."
In response to Reply # 0

Did people give her money because it was supposed to go to charity or did she just claim she was a big donator? She may be a fraud so her punishment should fall in line with that.

She targeted adults and adults choose to whom they will listen. Adults shouldn't expect that they deserve vengeance every time something doesn't work out or someone proves to be less than honorable. People suck, some more than others. Don't substitute another person's judgment for your own.

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 04:56 PM

45. "are some of y'all starting to realize why OKFits go so hard"
In response to Reply # 0

when someone presents silly information? These charlatans espouse stuff that is responsible from anything to killing people, to just putting up false barriers and hoops to jump through that make being fit and healthy seem so hard that people are just like, "fuck it". Giving advice to people about their health that you don't have any business giving is one of the worst things a person can do.

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:17 PM

55. "Didn't you know kale increases spiritual chakra output? "
In response to Reply # 45

It TOTALLY said so on the internet?

Where are my sources? Well definitely not big pharma!

/s

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 05:00 PM

46. "Life has it's own way of dealing with such people"
In response to Reply # 0

No one gets away with anything in the end.

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:08 PM

49. "It really doesn't though. This is proof Karma isn't real"
In response to Reply # 46

She's gonna go her own way in life and nothing will probably happen to her.

Unless someone on the street "holds her accountable"

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:26 PM

58. "Tell that to Suge Knight "
In response to Reply # 49

GameTheory
1642 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:30 PM

63. "Unless Suge is charged going back to playground bullying karma aint real"
In response to Reply # 58

None of this matters though.

I want to see charges filed against this POS

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 08:40 PM

71. "It's about as real as bullets that Suge has caught multiple times"
In response to Reply # 63

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 06:14 PM

51. "she's human"
In response to Reply # 0

a human piece of shit.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 08:06 PM

70. "Lesson: If your name ends in ....el Gibson, you are probably an asshole"
In response to Reply # 0

trust me, i am 2 for 2 with this theory

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 08:41 PM

72. "Right? How else would it turn out with that name? "
In response to Reply # 70

murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 08:44 PM

73. "I bet Tyreses brother, Latrell, aint shit either"
In response to Reply # 72

Atillah Moor
13825 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 04:40 PM

99. "Don't you know who my brother is!! ??"
In response to Reply # 73

I DEMAND BOTTLE SERVICE!!

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Wed Apr-22-15 11:01 PM

75. "She's Australian. Never heard of her. "
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3306 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 03:46 AM

76. "Under the jail."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Apr-23-15 03:48 AM by TheAlbionist

She needs fucking therapy too, but that's a different discussion.

Shout out GameTheory - I can't be fucked to get involved when the "killer argument" seems to be "YOU MAD", but you're not mad, you're correct.

Fad dieting is fast becoming our generation's religion and saying "berries stop the spread of cancer" is incredibly fucking dangerous, no matter how many grains of truth it contains. Yes, good diet may well make you less likely to develop cancer. If you've got cancer, it is NOT going to stop it spreading. Remove thyselves from Whole Foods and hasten to a fucking oncologist.

))<>((
forever.

Backbone
Charter member
8448 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 05:30 AM

77. ""You mad" is a silly copout, but it's not like civil dialogue with GT is..."
In response to Reply # 76

I mean, unless you fully agree with everything he says off the bat.

He resorted to putting words in people's mouths to try and make them look stupid, instead of simply addressing the actual arguments he took issue with. That's his shtick in most discussions, very annoying and unproductive.

But back to the topic: this news doesn't surprise me one bit. All these 'natural health warriors' either die of their ailments despite their superfood diets, or they turn out to be frauds trying to make a buck by playing on people's distrust of science and pharmaceutical companies. Sometimes both.

This one springs to mind: http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2015/02/27/the-wellness-warrior-jess-ainscough-has-passed-away/

StephBMore
1373 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 06:04 AM

79. "This is the thing..."
In response to Reply # 76

no one said GameTheory was wrong in regards to nutrition and cancer cures...my initial statement was "he didn't say cures he said blah blah blah..." and he said WHAT THE FUCK DOES CURE MEAN...oh it means this...and in regards to cancer, this is this....then he kept asserting people said one thing when we didn't. and even after I said "that's NOT what i said NOR what I believe" he kept saying yes you did, yes you do.

That's being hype.
That's being mad.

Why can't he just accept that it was a misunderstanding and let it go? you can't even after said nah dawg that ain't it...okay, you either mad or you hurt. or you hype.

You mad is just an annoying statement. clearly no one is mad but its annoying every trying to have convo with him because he always changing an argument to suit his agenda. He wants to have this convo because the chick annoyed him.

We not the ones who did it though.

GameTheory
1642 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 09:09 AM

80. "If slowing the"development and spread" of cancer isn't a cure, what is?"
In response to Reply # 79
Thu Apr-23-15 09:14 AM by GameTheory

Because IN YOUR WORDS "slowing the *development and spread* of cancer" was the phrase you DEFENDED in relation to diet restrictions

So just fall back already. Goddamn.

You are wrong and perpetuating a dangerous view.

Theres no half-stepping on this.

>>He wants to have this convo because the chick annoyed him.

Here you go with this woman inferiority bullshit again.

I ain't even pay attention to whether or not you were a woman. I don't peep screen names like that.

So just come out and tell us why "Lean In" didn't work as well as you wanted it to when you took a 5x3 of bullet points with you to work at your last meeting.

Again, it must suck not getting the recognition you think you deserve because you think its that you're a woman...not that you're a massive idiot with the incapability of capitulating on the simplest arguments that you've lost.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 09:10 AM

81. "Didn't I already say you right? What you want a cookie too? n/m."
In response to Reply # 80

GameTheory
1642 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 09:16 AM

82. "Stop using the Woman card a la post 53 & 79"
In response to Reply # 81

No one cares that you're a woman.

We only care about what you have to say...and as such, resorting to "you mad" and "its cause i'm a woman" shows what a vapid asshole you MAY actually be.

But you do argue like a cunt when you're flat out wrong...and whats worse, is that you thought your entry level resume was gonna impress someone who actually knew what they were talking about.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 09:17 AM

83. "I haven't read any of your replies since yesterday."
In response to Reply # 82
Thu Apr-23-15 09:18 AM by StephBMore

I'm just gonna keep responding okay until your dick feels better. Ok.

GameTheory
1642 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 09:20 AM

84. "Remind everyone that you're a woman again. Maybe we'll understand"
In response to Reply # 83
Thu Apr-23-15 09:21 AM by GameTheory

When all fails, say:

"You mad"

or

"I'm a woman"

or

"wait till your dick feels better"

And everything will be reset.

Must be nice living in that bubble of intellectual inferiority.

Its like...we're not focusing on your flawed arguments at all anymore. Amazing how that works.

StephBMore
1373 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 09:23 AM

85. "You so right. So wise and smart. n/m"
In response to Reply # 84

mikediggz
Member since Dec 02nd 2003
10134 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 12:34 PM

93. "no dog in the fight but prevention and cure arent the same thing."
In response to Reply # 80
Thu Apr-23-15 12:35 PM by mikediggz

prevention means taking measures so you dont get it...cure means if you already have it, an action will remove the cancer that is already present. prevention isnt gonna do shit for the cancer that u already have...but it may prevent u from getting more in the future...thats not the same as a cure. i just went for a cancer discussion with my Dr earlier this week because cancer runs all thru my fam and the first thing he told me was diet and exercise are great preventions...but he didnt say they are cures.

>Because IN YOUR WORDS "slowing the *development and spread*
>of cancer" was the phrase you DEFENDED in relation to diet
>restrictions
>
>So just fall back already. Goddamn.
>
>You are wrong and perpetuating a dangerous view.
>
>Theres no half-stepping on this.
>
>>>He wants to have this convo because the chick annoyed him.
>
>Here you go with this woman inferiority bullshit again.
>
>I ain't even pay attention to whether or not you were a woman.
>I don't peep screen names like that.
>
>So just come out and tell us why "Lean In" didn't work as well
>as you wanted it to when you took a 5x3 of bullet points with
>you to work at your last meeting.
>
>Again, it must suck not getting the recognition you think you
>deserve because you think its that you're a woman...not that
>you're a massive idiot with the incapability of capitulating
>on the simplest arguments that you've lost.

Seven
Member since Dec 11th 2004
10708 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 10:01 AM

86. "man...this shit hits me so hard..."
In response to Reply # 0

someone close to me has a chronic illness (not cancer) to which surgery was given as an option for treatment..but they're undergoing naturopathic treatment and juicing everyday for months now...

as a doctor..from casual observation i see no change and i'm scared it's going to get worse.

they're surrounded by people who share the same beliefs though....it's sad to watch really.

Got into a discussion with one about alkaline water the other day...i had to tune out after 5mins.

people like the woman in the OP should be arrested imo

legsdiamond
79499 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 10:15 AM

87. "coworker just passed from cancer. He went holistic "
In response to Reply # 0

and that shit ate him up quick fast.

I wonder if he followed this womans blog.

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 11:11 AM

89. "Meh Buyer beware at all costs"
In response to Reply # 0

Can we talk about the avoidance/fear of death in human beings which sparks something like this and the argument that went on in this post?

People who are able to make decisions for themselves have the right to refuse any and all treatment.

Are we more mad at misinformation?
Are we more upset at cancer?
Are we mad at our loved one because they might die "early"?

http://www.iamsharandajones.org/help

StephBMore
1373 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 11:36 AM

90. "Ehh...it's a lot..."
In response to Reply # 89

I agree, people should be able to make any decision about their care that they choose. If they want to forgo treatment, that is certainly their right.

I think the issue here is that this woman lied for years about being diagnosed with a terminal form of brain cancer and then sold people her business saying that nutrition, diet, a healthy lifestyle, and herbal remedies are what cured her from cancer. Then she blamed the gardisal vaccine on giving her cancer. I think this gives people false hope that if they tried her plan then they would get the same results.

This misinformation COULD contribute to people making flawed decisions about their own health care. (idk if there is information out there that says anyone with cancer followed her advice)

Above all of this, she lied for financial gain. she lied because she felt that would be the best way to attract attention to her company and she continued to lie and make money off of people who believed her lies. I'm not sure what else you were asking.

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 11:48 AM

91. "Thanks for answering"
In response to Reply # 90
Thu Apr-23-15 11:50 AM by DaHeathenOne76

I am clear that this lady lied and is a fraudster.

""
This misinformation COULD contribute to people making flawed decisions about their own health care. (idk if there is information out there that says anyone with cancer followed her advice)"

^^^^^^^ This is what I was looking for^^^^^^^^^
http://www.iamsharandajones.org/help

Mr. ManC
11819 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 11:58 AM

92. "exactly."
In response to Reply # 90

that's why I have contempt for her, and not the cancer patients who followed her lead (unlike Game Theory).

dealing with anything terminal and/or chronic makes you look in every direction.

then here comes some person saying they were able to remedy ALL of their ailment with just ONE thing....it's predatory and destructive and dangerous. People are liable to put their hope in anything. I'd never blame a person for trying every avenue to save your life. You don't get to have the jury out. She's awful for knowingly doing that and profiting off it, yet then wanting to make an appeal to her "humanity" while the whole time exploiting theirs.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 04:45 PM

100. "i agree w/y'all."
In response to Reply # 92

fuck you.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 12:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
94. "WE DO NOT WANT THIS SICKNESS."
In response to Reply # 0

This is SICK, and it is therefore deviant.
We do not want it.

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Thu Apr-23-15 02:20 PM

97. "These suto (c) Sundasill medical science post always bring out the crazi..."
In response to Reply # 0

In regards to that evil ass cunt of a blogger, while she did give people false info I don't know if she could go to "jail" for it. Would like one of the okp lawyers to speak on this.

http://soundcloud.com/djshinobishaw
http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
https://twitter.com/RareFormNYC
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c)T510

Lobby General Discussion topic #12787556 Previous topic | Next topic