Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12785059

Subject: "since tomorrow is 420" Previous topic | Next topic
Nvncible1
Member since Jun 17th 2011
1900 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 12:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"since tomorrow is 420"

I never smoked before. never had the urge to smoke before. Until now.25.

Want to experience something new. something different. Open up a bit

What should I know.

I kinda would rather EAT than smoke. Don't like inhaling smoke.

So what should I do.

I'll five myself till the end of tomorrow to decide if I'm gonna do it or not.

I spent my whole life teriffied of "drugs"
And alcohol. So. There's that lol.

what should I look for? Consider? I don't know where to start with this.

I already got an addictive personality so I may be on the pipe come friday. We'll see.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
since ur already 25 dont bother ur not missin much, go eat
Apr 19th 2015
most first timers don't notice any affects.
Apr 19th 2015
you'll be alright either way
Apr 19th 2015
Lisa Nicole Carson and Bernie got serious consequences from
Apr 19th 2015
edibles are dangerous, man
Apr 19th 2015
I think that whole "laced" thing is such urban legend bullshit
Apr 19th 2015
      RE: I think that whole "laced" thing is such urban legend bullshit
Apr 19th 2015
           first
Apr 19th 2015
                yeah it just makes no sense at all
Apr 19th 2015
first step to being a meth head. weed.
Apr 19th 2015
First step to being an alcoholic is breast milk! Put that titty away!
Apr 19th 2015
do not do edibles
Apr 19th 2015
Smoke it, don't eat it, start out with a sativa, not an indica
Apr 19th 2015
Gets in this line n/m
Apr 19th 2015
yeah people need to be careful eating
Apr 19th 2015
^^^^^
Apr 19th 2015
you're gonna eat waaay too much if you go that route
Apr 19th 2015
LOL at y'all saying edibles are dangerous.
Apr 19th 2015
ya eating is fine just learn from every person before you's mistakes
Apr 19th 2015
RE: LOL at y'all saying edibles are dangerous.
Apr 19th 2015
I took a large dose before
Apr 19th 2015
oh, well if that happened to you then this other person will be fine!
Apr 19th 2015
      Cotdamn y'all be jumping to conclusions
Apr 19th 2015
           i think you're conflating advised caution with doom and gloom
Apr 19th 2015
It's not even "danger" it's just that you'll be high as fuck.
Apr 19th 2015
      yeah wont really be able to enjoy it. i dont recommend wax either
Apr 19th 2015
           ya for a firstimer and you trying to celebrate
Apr 19th 2015
yeah but for a first timer? not 'dangerous,' just not preferable
Apr 19th 2015
      See that never happens for me.
Apr 19th 2015
only smoke with women. it increases your chances of getting laid
Apr 19th 2015
if you have never smoked before, don't start now.
Apr 19th 2015
why not? my first time smoking was at 28
Apr 19th 2015
      why?
Apr 19th 2015
           say whuuuuuuuu? fam, turn in your card, you're outta the union
Apr 20th 2015
the older I get...the more I want to get/back into it......
Apr 20th 2015

Ezzsential
Charter member
11085 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 12:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "since ur already 25 dont bother ur not missin much, go eat"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont have colors
my mmsic:
www.soundclick.com/sylana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brb8g8f18xE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NgNuVHrEKI

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15308 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 01:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "most first timers don't notice any affects."
In response to Reply # 0

I first smoked when I was 15, and it was some reggies, but it wasn't until the third or fourth time I really felt different or had any prolonged affects.

Also, THC can be mentally addicting but it has no tangible physical triggers the way cigarettes, alcohol or harder drugs do. You won't ever see someone smoking marijuana and feel a sudden urge to smoke it, unless you have any complexes about "missing out" or "not being cool" which you should mostly be over at 25.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Grand_Royal
Charter member
33210 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 01:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IMClick to send message via ICQ
3. "you'll be alright either way"
In response to Reply # 0

u won't be strung out and u can't miss what u never had.

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 02:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Lisa Nicole Carson and Bernie got serious consequences from"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Apr-19-15 02:10 PM by c71

smoking joints laced with stuff (Bernie wrote about that in the book he put out before he died "I ain't scared of you: Bernie Mac on how life is"). So that's a possibility from smoking.

As far as eating.........

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/03/25/marijuana-edibles-blamed-for-keystone-death/

Marijuana Edibles Blamed For Keystone Death

March 25, 2015 6:00 PM

DENVER (CBS4) – The family of a Tulsa, Oklahoma, man who shot himself Saturday night in Keystone is blaming his suicide on his ingestion of edible marijuana candies.

“It was completely a reaction to the drugs,” Kim Goodman said about her son Luke’s Saturday night suicide.

Luke Goodman’s death is now the third death in Colorado linked to marijuana edibles.

The 23-year-old college graduate was in the midst of a two-week ski and snowboard vacation with family members. Saturday afternoon he and his cousin, Caleb Fowler, took a bus from Keystone to Silverthorne where Fowler says they bought $78 worth of edibles and marijuana.

“He was excited to do them,” Fowler told CBS4.

When the young men got back to Keystone, Fowler said they began ingesting the edible pot. He said his cousin favored some peach tart candies, each piece of candy containing 10 mg of the active ingredient in marijuana, the recommended dose for an adult consuming an edible.
But when Goodman consumed several and experienced no immediate effects he kept gobbling them up.

“Luke popped two simultaneously” after the first two didn’t seem to do anything, said Fowler.

Then he said Goodman took a fifth candy, five times the recommended dose. His mother says her son likely didn’t see the warning on the back of the container which says, “The intoxicating effects of this product may be delayed by two or more hours … the standardized serving size for this product includes no more than 10 mg.”

Several hours later Fowler said his cousin became “jittery” then incoherent and talking nonsensically.

“He would make eye contact with us but didn’t see us, didn’t recognize our presence almost. He had never got close to this point, I had never seen him like this,” Fowler said.

owler says Goodman became “pretty weird and relatively incoherent. It was almost like something else was speaking through him.”

When family members left the condo Goodman refused to join them. After they left he got a handgun that he typically traveled with for protection, and turned it on himself.

Summit County Coroner Regan Wood says the preliminary cause of death is a self-inflicted gunshot wound. As for the impact of the marijuana edibles, she said, “That’s what we’ve heard consistently.”

She said the impact the edibles had on Goodman will be more clear when toxicology results come back in a few weeks.

“It’s still under investigation,” said Wood.

While definitive answers may be weeks away, Kim Goodman, Luke Goodman’s mother, told CBS4 she knows why her son took his own life.
“It was 100 percent the drugs,” she said. “It was completely because of the drugs — he had consumed so much of it.”

She said her son was well adapted, well-adjusted and had no signs of depression or suicidal thoughts.

“It was completely out of character for Luke … there was no depression or anything that would leave us being concerned, nothing like that.”

Caleb Fowler echoed the feeling saying he fully believed the ingestion of so much marijuana laced candy triggered the suicide.

“He was the happiest guy in the world. He had everything going for him.”

A year ago a Wyoming college student jumped to his death from a Denver hotel balcony after eating a marijuana cookie. Witnesses said Levy Thamba Pongi was rambling incoherently after eating the cookie. The Denver coroner ruled “marijuana intoxication” was a significant factor in Pongi’s death.

Richard Kirk of Denver faces first-degree murder charges stemming from the fatal shooting of his wife in Denver last year. Before her death his wife called 911 and said her husband had eaten marijuana candy and taken prescription medication and was hallucinating.

Luke Goodman’s family is now planning a memorial service for Friday in Tulsa. His mother says she remembers her last interaction with her son.

“We both said ‘I love you’ and I said ‘Have a great week.’”

Kim Goodman told CBS4 she believes marijuana edibles should be removed from store shelves.

“I would love to see edibles taken off the market … I think edibles are so much more dangerous.”

---------------------------------------=

Suburban Chicago housekeeper hospitalized after unwittingly eating pot brownie

Two young men made the brownies for themselves, but left them on a counter. They face charges for violating a local Orland Park ordinance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/pot-brownie-sends-unknowing-housekeeper-hospital-article-1.1396117

BY SASHA GOLDSTEIN NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, July 11, 2013, 1:51 PM

Even the brownies have gone to pot.

A housekeeper tasked with cleaning a suburban Chicago home ended up hospitalized after she unknowingly ate brownies laced with weed.

Two men, 22 and 23, used the Orland Park, Ill. home to make the trippy treats last month and left them on a kitchen counter, the Chicago Tribune reported. When the 57-year-old woman came to clean the pad, owned by the 23-year-old’s parents, who were out of town, she ate a fudgy brownie and got more than she bargained for.

The unwittingly drug-addled maid told the 23-year-old she felt sick, so he called her an ambulance. Once at the hospital, the woman tested positive for marijuana, sparking a police investigation.

The men ultimately admitted to making the pot brownies and the 22-year-old led cops to a trash can where they had tossed the rest of the batch. The Tupperware containers filled with brownies “smelled very strong of marijuana,” a police report said.

Both men were charged with violating the town's reckless-conduct ordinance and are scheduled for a hearing Aug. 13. The maid, who has since recovered, doesn’t plan on pressing charges, the Tribune reports.

NikaMandela
Charter member
35230 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 02:45 PM

6. "edibles are dangerous, man"
In response to Reply # 4

i fear they're going to undermine the legalization movement if ppl keep OD'ing on these shits and harming themselves.

i had a BAD trip on some edibles once and i am an experienced weedhead. at least i knew to tell myself that i was just high as fuck but if i was new to it i know i'd be spazzing out.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 04:02 PM

10. "I think that whole "laced" thing is such urban legend bullshit"
In response to Reply # 4

I heard Bernie Mac tell his story in an interview and yes I knew a guy who once smoked sherm unknowingly (though it was more of a misunderstanding than any sort of deception) but overall why would people lace weed? What would they lace it with? I hear all these stories about weed being laced with cocaine, that is laughable. Even dudes who smoke chewie are just wasting the coke, it burns on impact with the flames and has no psychoactive effect when consumed that way.

I guess it could be laced with sherm but more likely is a patch with much insecticide or some other chemical from the growing process. I guess that's moderately harmful if repeated over time but nothing that will affect a one-time or occasional user.

Edibles are weird because it's hard to gauge the strength of them and they take a while to hit you. The most negative experience I have had with them is just being really tired, like *needing* to sleep, and it was just a matter of eating way too many.

That kid who killed himself, eh, I wouldn't take that at face value. Besides how many people commit suicide under the influence of alcohol? Hell it's listed as a potential side effect on all sorts of prescription MAOIs and SRIs. Millions of people do those things every day without incident. I think that is just anti-marijuana people in desperate search of the elusive smoking gun and an understandably devastated family playing into their hands.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

c71
13962 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "RE: I think that whole "laced" thing is such urban legend bullshit"
In response to Reply # 10

>What would they lace it
>with?

There was a pretty big thing in the NY Press in the early 2000's that it was getting pretty popular to lace weed with angel dust and embalming fluid.

The OKP luv-ed/adored rapper Beanie Siegel once had a line in a rap tune that said: "I used to wil' off embalming fluid"

So the NY thing for a while was "wet" - weed + angel dust + sometimes embalming fluid.

So the thing is: should the consumers trust a dealer so much that the dealer would keep his or her "wet" stash completely separate from the non-wet stash?

I'm guessing you'd say dealers would be extra-careful but as a square-never used anything person, I wouldn't trust a dealer for nothing, esp. keeping their different "varieties" separate.

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:40 PM

14. "first"
In response to Reply # 12

if someone is lacing an entire sack i call complete BS

now you buying prerolled blunts or something? I could see that.

but as a dealer you are screwing yourself because obviously the laced ones cost more so it would be prohibitive to get them mixed up, from a business stand point

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:50 PM

17. "yeah it just makes no sense at all"
In response to Reply # 14

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 02:15 PM

5. "first step to being a meth head. weed."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 03:56 PM

9. "First step to being an alcoholic is breast milk! Put that titty away!"
In response to Reply # 5

NikaMandela
Charter member
35230 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 02:45 PM

7. "do not do edibles"
In response to Reply # 0

just smoke a regular j and see how you like it.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 03:55 PM

8. "Smoke it, don't eat it, start out with a sativa, not an indica"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Apr-19-15 03:56 PM by ConcreteCharlie

Smoking is much easier to control the dose and the onset is immediate. I think eating it your first time is a mistake.

Start with a sativa, I think an indica or indica-heavy hybrid is likely to just put you to sleep.

Weed, especially early on, just makes the good shit way better. Comedy, food, sex, video games, I dunno, whatever you normally like doing when you chill the fuck out.

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:53 PM

19. "Gets in this line n/m"
In response to Reply # 8

makaveli
Charter member
16307 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 06:38 PM

26. "yeah people need to be careful eating "
In response to Reply # 8

you can freak yourself out if you eat too much.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 11:46 PM

33. "^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 8

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 04:06 PM

11. "you're gonna eat waaay too much if you go that route"
In response to Reply # 0

because it takes a while for the high to kick in

most people (especially noobs) think they didn't eat enough and will eat too much

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:37 PM

13. "LOL at y'all saying edibles are dangerous."
In response to Reply # 0

Just take a small dose. Shit kicks in in about 30 to 40 minutes and it's a high that last's all day depending on how strong it is. My preferred way of getting high. Especially before a movie I'm pretty sure is gonna be basura.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:42 PM

15. "ya eating is fine just learn from every person before you's mistakes"
In response to Reply # 13

eat a small amount, wait longer than an hour before deciding to eat any more.

c71
13962 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:43 PM

16. "RE: LOL at y'all saying edibles are dangerous."

>Just take a small dose.

If you have to make sure you give the warning on "dosage" for edibles, then you are acknowledging there is a danger of a new user of edibles to do what the guy did in the article I posted in reply #4.

bwood
8614 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 06:00 PM

22. "I took a large dose before"
In response to Reply # 16

Nothing bad happened except I fell asleep and was high for a really long time.

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 06:26 PM

25. "oh, well if that happened to you then this other person will be fine!"
In response to Reply # 22
Sun Apr-19-15 06:31 PM by bearfield

since substances affect everyone in the exact same manner

bwood
8614 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 07:08 PM

30. "Cotdamn y'all be jumping to conclusions "
In response to Reply # 25

Me an 12 other people did large doses and were relatively fine.

Y'all are trying to make it out tha you'll die.

bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8050 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 07:25 PM

32. "i think you're conflating advised caution with doom and gloom"
In response to Reply # 30

all i see in this post is a bunch of people warning a first timer against the possibility of a bad trip. maybe some of these people are speaking from experience. perhaps they noted that the OP used the phrase "terrified of drugs" and took that into consideration when responding. telling this person to be safe on their first go isn't a bad thing at all

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 06:00 PM

23. "It's not even "danger" it's just that you'll be high as fuck."
In response to Reply # 16

nm

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 06:18 PM

24. "yeah wont really be able to enjoy it. i dont recommend wax either"
In response to Reply # 23

i mean if you have *good* wax even an experienced stoner will be gone off that shit.

something tasty and heady and lively. maybe some green crack or blue dream would be a nice introductory smoke.

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 06:39 PM

28. "ya for a firstimer and you trying to celebrate"
In response to Reply # 24

get one of those comically huge blunts or joints

vape something

youll be good

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:51 PM

18. "yeah but for a first timer? not 'dangerous,' just not preferable"

also i find that if i have some edibles at one point and catch a buzz and then eat more later, i dont feel the effects the second time.

bwood
8614 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:59 PM

21. "See that never happens for me."
In response to Reply # 18

I took it for a second time one day and got back to where I wanted to be.

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 05:57 PM

20. "only smoke with women. it increases your chances of getting laid"
In response to Reply # 0

but yeah, dont fuck with edibles your first time, if at all
you'll be stoned in a way that isn't fun

it's like losing your virginity to a nymphomaniac. you wont know what the hell is going on

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17857 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 06:38 PM

27. "if you have never smoked before, don't start now."
In response to Reply # 0

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayer™

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 06:45 PM

29. "why not? my first time smoking was at 28"
In response to Reply # 27

I havent smoked since 30 (5 years ago), but that's mostly out of convenience. I dont feel like paying for it and even learning how to roll up etc.

if I cared enough, I would be a weed head because I dont drink much at all

kinetic94761180
Member since Jul 05th 2002
17857 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 07:09 PM

31. "why?"
In response to Reply # 29

as an avid pot smoker, i still envy those who have never once tried it.

Rjcc is code for "bitch-ass troll"

DROkayplayer™

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 12:15 AM

34. "say whuuuuuuuu? fam, turn in your card, you're outta the union"
In response to Reply # 31

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Mon Apr-20-15 05:38 AM

35. "the older I get...the more I want to get/back into it......"
In response to Reply # 0

odd

I might meander around the parks today and see if I can stumble on some folks celebrating...

"Seasons may come and your luck just may run out, and all that you'll have is some memories..."

Lobby General Discussion topic #12785059 Previous topic | Next topic