Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12784984

Subject: "Anyone here sub to TIDAL and got a call from Jay-Z?" Previous topic | Next topic
Ted Gee Seal
Member since Apr 18th 2007
10091 posts
Sat Apr-18-15 11:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone here sub to TIDAL and got a call from Jay-Z?"

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/17/jay-z-thanks-tidal-users/

In addition to signing on a roster of big name artists to help lure new subscribers, Jay Z is handling some of the customer service duties as well. Mr. Carter is calling folks who signed up for Tidal's music streaming service to personally thank them. It sounds odd, but the company confirmed to us "that's 1000% true." He's not the only one, though, as Tidal executive Vania Schloge told Business Insider that Jack White and others are calling subscribers, too. Using one of the services' features, artists can log in and see exactly who is listening to their music alongside contact info for those people. It's certainly a personal approach, but one can wonder if that star-packed relaunch didn't provide the boost in new subscriptions the company hoped. The company also announced today that it replaced CEO Andy Chen with Peter Tonstad, who was in charge before Mr. Carter & Co. took ownership. Of course, being a part owner of the project is certainly motivation to get more involved. I just wonder if Jay Z used a video phone.

Just IMO though.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I can get him to listen to my mixtape when he calls!
Apr 19th 2015
Ha! Good move.
Apr 19th 2015

Meadow
Member since May 05th 2012
1160 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 09:11 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I can get him to listen to my mixtape when he calls!"
In response to Reply # 0

*Goes to order subscription*

Ted Gee Seal
Member since Apr 18th 2007
10091 posts
Sun Apr-19-15 12:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Ha! Good move."
In response to Reply # 1

Just IMO though.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12784984 Previous topic | Next topic