Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12784398

Subject: "Mother swats at bee and twins roll into river and drown (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79586 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 03:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mother swats at bee and twins roll into river and drown (swipe)"

I don't believe this story at all. First off, it's Arizona.

She swats at a bee and the stroller goes into the river and everyone believes her and gofundme is at 30K right now.

No charges will be filed.

I guess i should be happy she didn't accuse a Black man of pushing the stroller into the water.

http://www.people.com/article/kesler-twins-drowning-community-donations

Community support has come pouring in for a Yuma, Arizona, mother who lost her twin sons to a freak drowning accident on April 10.

Alexis Keslar was pushing her 18-month old sons, Eli and Silas, in a jogging stroller along the banks of a a canal frequented by area residents who use it for running and biking. According to news reports, Kesler let go of the stroller to swat away a bee, and in that moment the carriage tumbled into the canal, where fast-moving water swept it away.

Kesler jumped into the canal after her sons, and ultimately rescuers searched for two hours before the boys were found. They were taken to an area hospital, where they were pronounced dead.

On Saturday, family friend Marlene Gleim created a GoFundMe page to help Kesler and her husband pay for medical and memorial services. Gleim's initial goal was to raise $15,000. By late Tuesday night, donations totalled nearly $25,000.

"The community they live in, they're always willing to step up and help," Gleim said in an interview with KYMA News. "Their generosity has been shown today."

KILLA BEEZ ON THE SWARM!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Elliot Ness be sleeping yo. <-- I got terrible jokes in poor taste.
Apr 17th 2015
Sounds like a tragedy - also sounds a tad far fetched to me.
Apr 17th 2015
That carriage would need a lot of momentum
Apr 17th 2015
Arizona
Apr 17th 2015
Smells like some Susan Smith, Casey Anthony B.S. to me...
Apr 17th 2015
1st thing I thought, honestly.
Apr 17th 2015
Don't look like fast moving waters to me
Apr 17th 2015
On the next episode of Serial...
Apr 17th 2015
RE: Mother swats at bee and twins roll into river and drown (swipe)
Apr 18th 2015
here's why I think she's guilty and without much doubt
Apr 18th 2015

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 03:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Elliot Ness be sleeping yo. <-- I got terrible jokes in poor taste."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-17-15 03:55 PM by PG

y'all already knew that though.

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 04:38 PM

2. "Sounds like a tragedy - also sounds a tad far fetched to me."
In response to Reply # 0

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 04:46 PM

3. "That carriage would need a lot of momentum"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been along those canals and it's not exactly easy to end up at the bottom of one under normal circumstances.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

rdhull
Charter member
33134 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 04:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Arizona"
In response to Reply # 0

neuro_OSX
Member since Oct 29th 2004
1157 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 06:06 PM

5. "Smells like some Susan Smith, Casey Anthony B.S. to me..."
In response to Reply # 0

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 06:08 PM

6. "1st thing I thought, honestly."
In response to Reply # 5

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

BigKato
Member since Aug 26th 2006
556 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 06:13 PM

7. "Don't look like fast moving waters to me"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

Walt Whitman

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Fri Apr-17-15 06:25 PM

8. "On the next episode of Serial..."
In response to Reply # 0

but this smells like something funky to me.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

neuro_OSX
Member since Oct 29th 2004
1157 posts
Sat Apr-18-15 03:23 AM

9. "RE: Mother swats at bee and twins roll into river and drown (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

If this woman had only claimed to have been attacked by bees she could have avoided a court battle and possible time in prison.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/radley-balko/raquel-nelson-jail-for-jaywalking_b_905925.html

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Sat Apr-18-15 05:41 AM

10. "here's why I think she's guilty and without much doubt"
In response to Reply # 0

a child under 5 is more likely to be murdered by a parent than murdered by anyone else, when we start talking about infants to 2 year olds, its an even higher percentage towards the mother.

There is an innate part of human physiology called the "cross extensor reflex" that means even when someone reacts to a surprise attack, like a ball coming at them, a bird swooping down, etc. they will hold onto whatever is in their hands and not let go. It is almost impossible to circumvent this behavior, it's hardwired into out physiology.

here are some example videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAI4KLjCbek
http://www.colinmcnulty.com/blog/2010/10/25/another-cross-extensor-reflex-video/

Lobby General Discussion topic #12784398 Previous topic | Next topic