Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12780858

Subject: "Conviction in 13 Year Old Tiger Poaching Case (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Apr-14-15 01:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Conviction in 13 Year Old Tiger Poaching Case (swipe)"

the punishment is way too light imo... Oh and may Ted Cruz be eaten by a live tiger...

from http://www.wpsi-india.org/news/14042015.php

April 14, 2015

On 10 April 2015, the Judicial Magistrate First Class, Katni, convicted 6 poachers for shooting a tiger and skinning it in Bahoriband range of Katni division, Madhya Pradesh in January 2002. Two firearms including one muzzle loading gun, and a 12 bore gun, were seized from the accused at the time. One of the persons convicted in this case was the president of the Van Suraksha Samiti (Forest Protection Committee) at the time of the incident.

The forest department prosecutor in this case, Ms. Manjula Srivastava, deserves special credit for her hard work and perseverance. This included the use of handwriting experts to establish the authenticity of the post mortem report for the tiger, since the veterinary doctor who had written it passed away during the course of the trial.

The accused were convicted to 3 years imprisonment and a fine of Rs. 10,000 each. On request by the prosecution, the court directed the fine amount of Rs. 60,000 to be given to the forest department as compensation, for its use in forest protection.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
the thing about this is... so seldom are there actual successful prosecu...
Apr 14th 2015
I am no hippie or animal lover, but I think poachers should be shot.
Apr 14th 2015
it's a real war
Apr 14th 2015

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Apr-14-15 04:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "the thing about this is... so seldom are there actual successful prosecu..."
In response to Reply # 0

and convictions... assuming that a case even gets that far at the end of it the penalties are hardly stiff enough to be a real detterent..

I know y'all don't really care.. or at least to anything like the kinda obsessed type level that I do....

but really... on whole we need to slow our roll as a species.. tigers are just one of many really beautiful examples of why.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49426 posts
Tue Apr-14-15 04:30 PM

2. "I am no hippie or animal lover, but I think poachers should be shot. "
In response to Reply # 0

There are 7 billion people in the world. 3,200 tigers. 29,000 white rhinos. 30,000 lions.

Yeah I am thinking those animals lives are precious enough to take a human life.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Apr-14-15 04:59 PM

3. "it's a real war"
In response to Reply # 2

this woman:

http://www.trueactivist.com/people-hunt-endangered-animals-so-this-woman-hunts-poachers/

this man:

http://africageographic.com/blog/wild-dog-conservationist-axed-to-death/

I'm missing my calling.......

Lobby General Discussion topic #12780858 Previous topic | Next topic