Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12779943

Subject: "hey quick question about breast implants" Previous topic | Next topic
janey
Charter member
123124 posts
Mon Apr-13-15 05:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"hey quick question about breast implants"
Mon Apr-13-15 05:27 PM by janey

First, judgment free zone here, I know the drawbacks because I have implants, just remember I got them because I had cancer, okay?

So I'm thinking of having them removed, and I'd like to hear from some people what their experience -- or the experience of a good friend or relative -- was like.

I have a consultation with a plastic surgeon scheduled for a few weeks from now, but I'd be interested in hearing from real people, or people who know real people, while I'm thinking about my options.

My issues are, first, that my breasts are not symmetrical, which was my number one priority when I had the implants done. Second, the breast that had the lumpectomy is just misshapen enough to disturb my sense of aesthetics. It looks fine in clothes, but my PCP has confirmed that it looks to her too like it's the wrong shape, so it's not in my head. Finally, I think they are slightly too big.

In your experience, either direct or indirect from a good friend or relative, does it seem like women who have implants removed are happier with the result?

(I don't count celebrities in this question, because celebrities are apparently using plastic surgeons that are far out of my league money-wise and somehow don't have the problems that I've had with my implants)

Specifically, my questions are things like: How much scarring would there be? Would a lift be required? Would they look anything like they did prior to all the surgeries? I'm also giving consideration to stepping down in size. It was a pretty big lumpectomy so either way I would probably keep some implant in my affected breast.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
This would be a good question for reddit...
Apr 13th 2015

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Mon Apr-13-15 09:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "This would be a good question for reddit..."
In response to Reply # 0

There are hardly any female posters left here, much less women who've been through this sort of thing.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12779943 Previous topic | Next topic