Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12778696

Subject: "Darren Sharper will have a penis monitor ?" Previous topic | Next topic
neuro_OSX
Member since Oct 29th 2004
1157 posts
Sat Apr-11-15 10:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Darren Sharper will have a penis monitor ?"

Has this ever been done to white rapists?

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/12065745-148/exclusive-penile-plethysmograph-test-to

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
did you read the article?
Apr 11th 2015
it used to be used not so much anymore
Apr 11th 2015
fuck yo ego fort !! LMAO !!!
Apr 11th 2015
      yes ego has alot to do with
Apr 12th 2015
who possibly gives a shit?
Apr 12th 2015
Ahhh making ass-umptions I see.
Apr 12th 2015
      if you care so much.
Apr 12th 2015
      a simple Google search pointed me to this:
Apr 12th 2015
           RE: a simple Google search pointed me to this:
Apr 12th 2015
RE: Darren Sharper will have a penis monitor ?
Apr 12th 2015
this is some A Cockwork Orange shit.
Apr 12th 2015
RE: this is some A Cockwork Orange shit.
Apr 12th 2015
      they gonna have his foreskin clipped back like
Apr 12th 2015
Just leave the nigga in prison if the plan is to make it nearly impossib...
Apr 12th 2015
such onerous parole conditions!
Apr 12th 2015
basically:
Apr 12th 2015
how did he get less than 10 years?
Apr 12th 2015

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sat Apr-11-15 10:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "did you read the article?"
In response to Reply # 0

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Sat Apr-11-15 10:47 PM

2. "it used to be used not so much anymore"
In response to Reply # 1

people doubt its usefulness

neuro_OSX
1157 posts
Sat Apr-11-15 11:02 PM

3. "fuck yo ego fort !! LMAO !!!"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat Apr-11-15 11:14 PM by neuro_OSX

Is this like the most okplayery thing fools do here in an attempt to get the upper hand and ego boost? Fools always pull the "did you read the article" response out the hat.. lol.. hilarious! Instead of having a conversation about the topic fools would rather play a game of one-upmanship.

I read the article, them saying it used to be used doesnt mean shit unless specifics are given. This is Arizona were talking about. I have never heard of this device being used on anyone before, seems like something the news media would have reported on in the past.

GriftyMcgrift
20414 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 12:17 AM

4. "yes ego has alot to do with"
In response to Reply # 3

riiiight

you really wanted to "have a conversation" about it im sure

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 02:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "who possibly gives a shit?"
In response to Reply # 0

#1 it's not a new thing

#2 you're not more concerned that miami police just tossed out two rape accusations against sharper way before the raping spree that sent him to jail happened?

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

neuro_OSX
1157 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 02:53 AM

6. "Ahhh making ass-umptions I see."
In response to Reply # 5

Actually my concern isn't for Sharper, he should go to jail for the rest of his life.

My concern is for society as a whole, typically this sort of thing is tested on criminals first then general population later as a means of control. What are the larger implications of a such a device being used. Perhaps later an implant in the brain that shocks the person if they have any thoughts deemed to be impure.

Shades of Tuskegee experiment and the eugenics program in the U.S. in the 1920s

Monitoring someones bodily functions as a requirement of their probation is extreme and a slippery slope IMO

Fascinating how some of you will take the time to be dismissive instead of letting a topic you clearly don't care about rotate off the front page.

I'mma let ya'll have it.. peace !

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 03:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "if you care so much."
In response to Reply # 6

how did you just fucking find out about this

where have you been?

maybe address actual implications and do a tiny bit of research instead of launching conspiracy theory missiles and being ignorant.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 07:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "a simple Google search pointed me to this:"
In response to Reply # 6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_plethysmograph#Post-conviction_use

Phallometry is widely considered appropriate for treatment and supervision of convicted sex offenders: "Courts have permitted plethysmographic testing for monitoring compliance by convicted sex offenders with the conditions of their community placement as part of crime-related treatment for sexual deviancy." Its use for the treatment and management of sexual offenders is recommended by the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers. Becker notes it "should never be used exclusively in forensic decision making."The sexual assault trial of basketball player Kobe Bryant in Colorado brought this device and its use to public attention before the case was dropped in 2004, because Colorado law would have required evaluation with this device following conviction. The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit recently addressed the procedures required before a federal supervised release program could include penile plethysmograph testing. The device is routinely used at civil commitment facilities, but "some clinicians and offenders say it is easy, particularly in a laboratory, to stifle arousal and thus cheat on a plethysmograph test." This has been reported to occur in 16% of cases.

During the Catholic sex abuse cases, the reliability of the test was questioned by some officials in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Later, these officials chose to seek therapy at an institution where the plethysmograph was not used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penile_plethysmograph#Ethics_and_legality_of_use

Robert Todd Carroll writes, "More objectionable than the questionable scientific validity of the device, however, are the moral and legal questions its use raises." Carroll and others cite the legality of the depictions of minors, as well as the constitutionality of requiring PPG for admission to jobs or the military, or in custody cases. In Harrington v. Almy the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit found that a PPG ordered to be administered by William O'Donohue as a precondition of employment was a violation of plaintiff's rights under the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.In a 2009 report led by Robert Clift on use of the device on adolescent offenders, the authors acknowledge in their conclusions that PPG tests "are problematic ethically and should be used only after therapists have carefully weighed the benefits versus the negatives. The Minister of Children and Family Development closed the program examined in Clift's report in 2010 following complaints by civil rights groups. The principal manufacturer of the device stopped making them in the 1990s.

The EU's leading human rights agency, the Fundamental Rights Agency, has criticised the use of phallometric tests by the Czech Republic to determine whether asylum seekers presenting themselves as homosexual were in fact gay. According to the Agency, the Czech Republic was in 2010 the only EU country to employ a sexual arousal test, which the Agency said could violate the European Convention on Human Rights. In 2011 the EU commission issued a statement calling the Czech practice illegal, saying "The practice of phallometric tests constitutes a strong interference with the person's private life and human dignity. This kind of degrading treatment should not be accepted in the European Union, nor elsewhere." The Czech Interior Ministry replied that the testing was conducted only after written consent has been obtained, and when it was not possible to use a different method of verification. According to the Ministry, all those who had passed the test had been granted asylum.

...you stay woke, player.

fuck you.

neuro_OSX
1157 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 07:39 AM

15. "RE: a simple Google search pointed me to this:"
In response to Reply # 13

Thanx for the info though you can keep the snark.. SMH

Birdzeye
Member since Feb 29th 2008
433 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 03:52 AM

8. "RE: Darren Sharper will have a penis monitor ?"
In response to Reply # 0

'Sharper will be subject to lie detector tests and, while on lifetime probation in Arizona, to the “penile plethysmograph,” in which a sensor is attached to the penis while an array of sexual images flashes before his eyes, to gauge arousal.'

This seems like a weird test. They flash sexual images and you're not supposed to get any sexual response. I know I'd be failing this one!

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11819 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 05:26 AM

9. "this is some A Cockwork Orange shit."
In response to Reply # 0

Musica Negra
#13irteen

neuro_OSX
1157 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 06:46 AM

11. "RE: this is some A Cockwork Orange shit."
In response to Reply # 9

exactly or 1984

Mr. ManC
Member since Jan 26th 2009
11819 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 07:53 AM

16. "they gonna have his foreskin clipped back like"
In response to Reply # 11

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Clockwork\'71.jpg

making him scroll through imahe galleries from Essence Fest, seeing if her gets aroused and shit.

Musica Negra
#13irteen

daryloneal
Member since Jan 08th 2005
9267 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 06:17 AM

10. "Just leave the nigga in prison if the plan is to make it nearly impossib..."
In response to Reply # 0

to not violate probation.

---
but have you ever checked out my website? www.dtaylorimages.com

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 07:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "such onerous parole conditions!"
In response to Reply # 0

but that helps explain why he caught such a 'sweet' deal in resolving his charges across multiple states.

they set him up to violate his parole, basically. and once he violates he'll serve the remainder of his prison sentence - 20 yrs - and STILL face the same conditions upon release.

damn!

fuck you.

daryloneal
Member since Jan 08th 2005
9267 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 07:31 AM

14. "basically:"
In response to Reply # 12

>they set him up to violate his parole, basically. and once he
>violates he'll serve the remainder of his prison sentence - 20
>yrs - and STILL face the same conditions upon release.
>
>damn!

Not that I have a problem with him getting whatever is coming to him, but let's call it what it is.

---
but have you ever checked out my website? www.dtaylorimages.com

justin_scott
Charter member
19863 posts
Sun Apr-12-15 09:53 AM

17. "how did he get less than 10 years?"
In response to Reply # 0

i figured he was done for life.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12778696 Previous topic | Next topic