Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12771696

Subject: "Real Talk, I haven't cried over my Grandmother's passing. " Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Real Talk, I haven't cried over my Grandmother's passing. "
Fri Apr-03-15 01:19 PM by Case_One

And I don't want some random emotions to come bubbling over out of the blue and what not. Yes, I'm trained to deal with death. Yeah, I was prepared for here passing. But people that know me or are my Facebook friends know that I was very close to my granny. Still, I haven't shed one tear and I'm hoping that I have not compartmentalized my emotions with a lock that will break one day.

It's crazy to know how things work and still have to be on the lookout.

Truth be told, I have been more pissed about how the funeral arrangements were handled then anything. The service was on this Wed 4/1. The whole thing was not managed with the level of excellence and detail that I expected. Sounds selfish, but yeah, it is. Why? Because a year before she died, my Gandma asked me to put together her funeral service form A to Z (every jot and tittle), but my aunt didn't want to us talking about it at the time. My Grandma also, asked me to do the Eulogy, but my Aunt and Sister elected to have the pastor of the church do the service, the same pastor that never came to see my grandmother in over 10 yrs and she didn't like him anyway. Plus the program was jacked up. But that's only in my eyes, because I know how these things should play put in the front and behind the scenes.

I guess I'm just feeling some kind of way about the fact that Grands wished were not honored, that I didn't get to send her off with the proper and personal touch sermon that the she deserved. The pastor did ok, but it was a generic sermon with a sprinkling of current detail in it.

I guess I'm tripp'in. Yup. I'm gonna go read a book... SMH

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
peace to you, Rev.
Apr 03rd 2015
The Passion of the Chris always does.
Apr 03rd 2015
      Naw Gospel of John is the real deal JC movie
Apr 03rd 2015
           I'm going to look for this.
Apr 03rd 2015
                here's a better link the other is dead
Apr 03rd 2015
put her to rest in your own way.
Apr 03rd 2015
The funny thing it that I did in my mind.
Apr 03rd 2015
don't refute your blessings, reb'n...
Apr 03rd 2015
      You are right. I appreciate the wisdom.
Apr 03rd 2015
that's very sweet
Apr 03rd 2015
I'm weird. I haven't cried since 2001, which was over some real
Apr 03rd 2015
I almost wanna cry for some of you like in Conan the Barbarian
Apr 03rd 2015
no right way to grieve
Apr 03rd 2015
I just have to go through the process.
Apr 03rd 2015
what the scripture say....
Apr 03rd 2015
OT was 23 Psalm and the NT was 1 Cor. 13
Apr 03rd 2015
peace and blessings to you and i can relate
Apr 04th 2015
Word.
Apr 04th 2015
Hmmm, my Mama passed in 2013...
Apr 04th 2015
Nah, I'm not guilty.
Apr 04th 2015

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "peace to you, Rev."
In response to Reply # 0

watch a movie that makes you cry...it will open the gates.

but don't feel pressured or feel like you have to cry. You might just be at ease.

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:33 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "The Passion of the Chris always does. "
In response to Reply # 1

"And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." ~ 2 Tim 2:4

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:52 PM

8. "Naw Gospel of John is the real deal JC movie"
In response to Reply # 4

it's on Netflix--nothing but bible verses and images
http://www.lumoproject.com/news/2014/11/25/netflix-north-america-acquires-gospel-of-john

Sorry about how things went with you Grandma, but when you see her again it won't even be an issue to discuss.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 02:39 PM

10. "I'm going to look for this."
In response to Reply # 8

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 02:43 PM

12. "here's a better link the other is dead"
In response to Reply # 10

http://www.lumoproject.com/

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

morpheme
Charter member
94867 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "put her to rest in your own way."
In response to Reply # 0

give your granny her eulogy.
i didn't cry over mine a great deal either and i was her favourite and she mine.
at her time of passing i harbored no regrets, no woulda/coulda.
i still don't cry tho her absence is vast, so vast.

but i'd go to my granny's gravesite and send her spirit on the way she wanted.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:32 PM

3. "The funny thing it that I did in my mind. "
In response to Reply # 2

I did the whole service in my thoughts and even the Eulogy. When se died, I prepared myself to give it, I thought about the text, the words and then it call came to me. Everything, was there, even words of comfort to each family member and her community of friends. Maybe that's why I could just sit there and not feel sad about the matter on Wednesday.

I did do the scripture readings in a very dramatic manner - the same way I do before I preach. I love to being the words to life in the context of the author and the community.

I Guess I'm good.

morpheme
Charter member
94867 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "don't refute your blessings, reb'n..."
In response to Reply # 3

isn't that what you would have asked
that everyone be comforted?
you are in the midst of peace and grace
accept that.
every transition need not buckle you.

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 02:39 PM

11. "You are right. I appreciate the wisdom."
In response to Reply # 5

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:50 PM

7. "that's very sweet"
In response to Reply # 2

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51981 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "I'm weird. I haven't cried since 2001, which was over some real"
In response to Reply # 0

stupid shit. After my first time getting pulled over, in front of a whole lot of other teens. Just got home and had a Cuba Gooding moment.

I lost one grandma in 03, and have lost a few other folks since then that I was close to...but I've actually never in my 30 years cried over death. It's weird as hell to me.

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79331 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:55 PM

9. "I almost wanna cry for some of you like in Conan the Barbarian"
In response to Reply # 0

let it out fellas.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 07:49 PM

13. "no right way to grieve"
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 07:51 PM

14. "I just have to go through the process. "
In response to Reply # 13

But I think I went thought them when she was int the hospital back in January.

Trinity444
Charter member
41728 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 07:58 PM

15. "what the scripture say.... "
In response to Reply # 0

rejoice when death comes, cry when a child is born
something like that....
Ecc. 7

praise that you have the memories
and pictures

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 11:07 PM

16. "OT was 23 Psalm and the NT was 1 Cor. 13"
In response to Reply # 15

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sat Apr-04-15 02:15 AM

17. "peace and blessings to you and i can relate"
In response to Reply # 0

i went through a withdrawl and i think its because i saw mine not in the same state as i remember and yet we talked every day and we felt things mentally which others in the family could not see or understand.

pain and feelings ain't always about it coming out because you feel it and its a moment between you and her that nobody will ever know.

take your time and grief is not a day, week, or a year, etc... it stays with you and it can hit you when you least expect.

i understand

peace

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Sat Apr-04-15 11:00 AM

20. "Word. "
In response to Reply # 17

OrangeMoon
Member since Feb 01st 2005
3284 posts
Sat Apr-04-15 04:31 AM

18. "Hmmm, my Mama passed in 2013..."
In response to Reply # 0

She was the youngest girl in a family of 8, so the moment she died I knew I had to fight to be heard, to send her off properly. She and I were closer than close and I knew she wanted to be cremated but nobody else in the fam was on board.

I DIDN'T GIVE A GOTDAMN! I knew her wishes and I made sure she got what she wanted.

I know our power is different, I was my Mom's personal representative so I had total control. And it doesn't seem like you did. Just sucks your Grandma didn't get the sendoff of her wishes. Did you fight hard enough? Maybe that's why you can't cry, a little bit of guilt?

~"You are your own best thing" (c) Paul D in BELOVED

Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Sat Apr-04-15 10:59 AM

19. "Nah, I'm not guilty. "
In response to Reply # 18

I haven't cried, because I cried for her when she was on the ventilator in the hospital.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12771696 Previous topic | Next topic