Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12771621

Subject: "positive friday" Previous topic | Next topic
GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 12:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"positive friday"
Fri Apr-03-15 12:27 PM by GirlChild

dedicated to kenya

this was an odd week. like a damn roller coaster ride!

+ got a good workout in on sunday and yesterday. i wanted to go at least 3 times this week but i just got busy. i'm sore as shit today but i'm happy about it. i'm officially at my goal weight, but i think i want to go lose an additional 5 lbs so i have that extra cushion in case i get greedy, lol. i can't believe i'm at 150 lbs again. i honestly don't feel like it.

+ i found out that i'll be in a big show in oslo next january. i'm pretty geeked. i hope i can go, and i hope i can take the fam. it's my first show in europe.

+ and i got my poster from blackrussian

+ hiccups in the studio but i was able to make a really good clean mold and i was really proud of that. i'm also making bigger steps with these cyanotypes. i won't have to reprint as much stuff as i originally thought. i had a set back with the film so i'll have to do everything by hand. it will be cheaper but much more labor intensive.

+ my friend is in town for a residency and i linked up with her at the el anatsui exhibit. omg, that show is amazing. he IS the artist i want to be. he work is beautiful and elegant and minimal. it's everything i want my work to be. as stupid as this sounds i almost cried seeing the work. absolutely amazing!

hopefully i can get some work done this weekend, clean and link up with my friend.

have a great weekend.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Apr 03rd 2015
it's friday! whew!
Apr 03rd 2015
i reconnected with an old old friend from college
Apr 03rd 2015
on your invoices add that there is a 15% fee for all invoiced paid after...
Apr 03rd 2015
haha glad it finally arrived! :)
Apr 03rd 2015
*sigh*
Apr 03rd 2015

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 01:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "..."
In response to Reply # 0

progress.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

sweet ruffian
Member since Jul 11th 2003
8129 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 02:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "it's friday! whew!"
In response to Reply # 0

i went out the past two weekends and had more fun (here) than I've had in a while. totally worth the long, old-lady recuperation.

NikaMandela
Charter member
35230 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 02:55 PM

3. "i reconnected with an old old friend from college"
In response to Reply # 0

and we just talked and talked and talked for damn near 3 hours.

we never that easy and fun with each other even when we were closer.

this freelancing shit is fucking hard man. lots of money owed to me at this moment. ima put bitch better have my money on my voicemail message so my clients know what time it is when they call.

girl i dont think ive been 150 lbs since like elementary school. im tying to get down to 160. got 8 more lbs to go!

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 03:07 PM

4. "on your invoices add that there is a 15% fee for all invoiced paid after..."
In response to Reply # 3

that's not an unusual thing to see on invoices

oh, and i attribute 10lbs lost due to stress. long story girl, we'll have to catch up!

blackrussian
Member since Oct 17th 2010
6498 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 03:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "haha glad it finally arrived! :)"
In response to Reply # 0

it's birthday week, so i've been celebrating in various ways. cocktails with girlfriends, fancy lunch with my mother, a massage, and a weekend away with the boy. on my actual birthday i didn't do SHIT except lounge around in my pjs and drink champagne. it's a bit of a tradition now...

started my new job & i really like it! the people are super nice...and we've got the best office. lol

giving myself a break from uni because the stress was getting to me. discovering that yes, it's possible to switch that part of my brain off.

have a great weekend everyone!

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 08:05 PM

6. "*sigh*"
In response to Reply # 0

I managed to be active three days this week
Then decided to go to a event and an exhibition

Luckily I got out of work early
I'm sleeping the weekend away dammnit
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12771621 Previous topic | Next topic