Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12771332

Subject: "Can I get my gender wars and loud and wrong on for a second?" Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22248 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 10:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can I get my gender wars and loud and wrong on for a second?"

I just feel that women get so much hype for emotional maturity that they don't expand its definition. Like they get so much credit for recognizing feeling at a young age, that they define emotions as situations and not cumulative actions, because that's what it tends to be in youth.

Someone yelled at me, I'm sad. Tisha took my pencil, I'm mad. Meanwhile at that age boys are still acting out responses rather than being introspective.

Meanwhile as we get older It's as if women form such a foundation built on action and emotional response that they see the cumulation of emotion as the worst possible thing.

Men are almost immediately worse off if they associate emotional responses with every action. We see it all the time "I don't like how you used them big words you must be disrespecting me." Or the men that think they need to fight because someone talked at them wrong.

So let me not pick at you thirteen times for the thirteen times you didn't do the dishes, let me bring it up after a few weeks that I've been doing the dishes too much. I can't possibly keep and individual tally of every time something bothered me. Because as a man, ultimately my feelings don't matter all that much, my responses are what I'm judged for.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i screamed on a nigga at a bar last night.
Apr 03rd 2015
I'm being pressed for not nagging.
Apr 03rd 2015
This is spot on.
Apr 03rd 2015
Yup. Also, pointing out how other people are being
Apr 03rd 2015
^^ball game^^
Apr 03rd 2015
Accept that she can do shit that she would yell at you if you did
Apr 03rd 2015

Deadzombie
Member since Aug 21st 2008
13358 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 10:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i screamed on a nigga at a bar last night."
In response to Reply # 0

we were recording the podcast interviewing tables and what not, and one particular bamma kept trying to slide his way into some sort of business with us.

but the statement -after- being a part of a table that was being recorded: 'im not signing this, i'll send yall something later that you all could read and sign' rubbed me the wrong way.

and he'd been rubbing me the wrong way since he started.

basically, my reply was - 'fuck you, pal'

and he's like 'but you neeeeed me, im a lawyer'

and i'm like - 'nah, we don't need you - we good, we wont use your voice'

bar tender ended up bringing a free drink over to me in the middle of it all.

a lot more happened but i can't really put it all into words.

i typed all that to say - i think i was judged for my response to this nigga who had been bugging me the whole time.

i snapped.

but back on topic ... she pressing you out about the dishes?

MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22248 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 10:42 AM

2. "I'm being pressed for not nagging. "
In response to Reply # 1

I don't need to respond to every pissy mood or potential slight when it's not serious. It's easier to ask at the end of the week, hey you've been in a bunch of pissy moods is everything ok?

To her, and many other women in my experience, that's holding a grudge because I didn't bring up every slight or keep track of it to provide examples. To me, it's simply assessing the whole picture while not responding to the immediate.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44256 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 10:42 AM

3. "This is spot on."
In response to Reply # 0

>Because as a man, ultimately my feelings don't
>matter all that much, my responses are what I'm judged for.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

Teknontheou
Charter member
32707 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 10:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Yup. Also, pointing out how other people are being"
In response to Reply # 3

unfair to you is often not weighted heavily on your response. Men are expected to take unfairness, slights and insults and still stay on our feet and not to the wrong thing.

tully_blanchard
Charter member
6902 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 10:46 AM

6. "^^ball game^^"
In response to Reply # 3

We covered by the Blood which never loose it's power

http://soundcloud.com/rayandersonjr

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 10:46 AM

5. "Accept that she can do shit that she would yell at you if you did"
In response to Reply # 0

She's got the vagina and therefore the eternal upper hand

Lobby General Discussion topic #12771332 Previous topic | Next topic