Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12770814

Subject: "After all that has transpired in Ferguson, will residents vote?" Previous topic | Next topic
SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Thu Apr-02-15 02:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: After all that has transpired in Ferguson, will residents vote?"

My favorite quote from this article is: “Is the community able to tie those issues to the political process?” asked Patricia Bynes, Democratic committeewoman of the Ferguson Township, who is managing the campaigns of two candidates. “Do they see the direct connection...? That’s what this is about.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/after-all-that-has-transpired-in-ferguson-will-residents-vote/article_7e633baa-bef9-5279-b332-dd485772d48a.html

Poll result (4 votes)
I have faith that there will be a large turnout (3 votes)Vote
I don't think the turnout will change much (0 votes)Vote
other (1 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I would fire my campaign manager
Apr 02nd 2015
I would hope so
Apr 02nd 2015
prob afraid to vote if you got charges
Apr 02nd 2015

samsara
Member since Sep 15th 2002
3464 posts
Thu Apr-02-15 02:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I would fire my campaign manager "
In response to Reply # 0

if they couldn't answer that question lol

"i fear no fate" e.e. cummings
"No girl. No fried chicken. I'm going back to get some sleep." - Haruki Murakami

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Apr-02-15 04:28 PM

2. "I would hope so"
In response to Reply # 0

but money is where the real power is so if voting certain people in or out can improve the wealth of the community then that's a win.

Voting in and of itself however is ineffective if the community is poor. To me it would seem that the first step is helping the community improve it's wealth than politicians will be coming to you.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

sosumi
Member since May 30th 2012
858 posts
Thu Apr-02-15 08:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "prob afraid to vote if you got charges"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby General Discussion topic #12770814 Previous topic | Next topic