Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12768685

Subject: "OKFashionistas......dress meh, dress meh, dress meh (c) q tip" Previous topic | Next topic
murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Tue Mar-31-15 08:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"OKFashionistas......dress meh, dress meh, dress meh (c) q tip"

So, i realized today that I really need to stop letting the shit i wear for work turn into the shit i wear for everyday life.

I have spent the last two days in various local malls, outlet malls, high end malls, etc....and i realize that i need some serious help

first of all, i am starting to despise all those stores at the ends of the mall (jcp, carsons, macys, etc)...for men, its all basic variations of the same shit...khakis, dress pants, golf pants, jeans

i dont wanna end up droning away at life like my man from fight club, gimme a lil cotdamn individuality

secondly, i am soooo fucking oddly shaped

i spent two days trying to find a pair of jeans i would be happy with. a pair that looked nice but one that wouldnt be hard to find if i needed to get more down the line.

i am a thunder thighed ass nigga, so i am checking my man levi and his 569s, 541s and 559s...the 569 are the best, i guess, but nothing wowed me.

thirdly, those other stores, the one in the middle of the mall (banana rep type jawns)..i hate yall too, just cuz of the snickers i get when i walk in there.

why?

cuz i am built like the brown hornet, im like a 36 waist and a 50/52 in the jacket

so im just tryna slide in to maybe, maybe see if yall got a xxl shirt somewhere in the back maybe

basically i am done with shopping in malls, they can holla at nutsack

so, plug me in, give me any advice and five websites i should know about

no disrespect, but ikirejones aint wait im looking for...besides the fact id be busting out the seams, i am looking a little lower down the spectrum

truthfully, i almost inboxed john forte this whole rant and let him sort me out (the nigga is impeccably dressed whenever i see his pictures, admit it), but dame dash told me not too

anyway, hit me with your five websites whilst i eat this ice cream #girlproblems

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Up for the day crew, and one more question...
Apr 01st 2015
#1 focus should be fit
Apr 01st 2015

murderbear
Member since Feb 26th 2012
2087 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 07:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Up for the day crew, and one more question..."
In response to Reply # 0

You think a tailor would gimme a side eye if I stepped to him and asked him to just measure everything? Just so I could see what sizes I SHOULD be wearing from now on

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Wed Apr-01-15 08:22 AM

2. "#1 focus should be fit"
In response to Reply # 0

You can step your game up without straying from the basics if your fit is on point.

Judging by your description, you're a tough fir off the rack, but alterations aren't prohibitively expensive. The first thing I did when I started to dress better was take a couple of my favorite shirts to a tailor to have them taken in. Cost me about $15 a pop.

Same applies to pants. You can have the seat taken in and pants legs tapered. Once you have clothes that fit the way you like, measure them. Knowing the measurement of a well-fitting shirt or jacket is actually more valuable than knowing your body's measurements. A lot of online retailers can give you measurements of their pieces if you ask via email or the live-chat function on their websites

Lobby General Discussion topic #12768685 Previous topic | Next topic