Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12765999

Subject: "Former American...are you too?" Previous topic | Next topic
jd215
Charter member
1747 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 10:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Former American...are you too?"

What to say? I wouldn't say it to insult anybody. I know nationalaties are important...maybe less to black folk. America is a fucked up place and the reigning culture is annoying as fuck. I don't live there anymore, and haven't for some yearsm but I'm back visiting now. I find the whole place bizarre, ...mostly white people, but the whole thing. The vibe is very colonial. I'd like to see something more Nat Turner.

No offense. I just wanted to let out out some frustration, thanks.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Former American...are you too?
Mar 29th 2015
curious: did you renounce your nationality?
Mar 29th 2015
RE: curious: did you renounce your nationality?
Mar 29th 2015
      oops, i guess i meant your citizenship, not nationality
Mar 29th 2015
bet you cant get no slurpee doe
Mar 29th 2015
True
Mar 29th 2015
Where you stay now if I may ask?
Mar 29th 2015
UK/Spain
Mar 29th 2015

jd215
Charter member
1747 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 10:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Former American...are you too?"
In response to Reply # 0

*maybe ***American *nationality is less important to black folk...i meant to say

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 10:49 PM

2. "curious: did you renounce your nationality?"
In response to Reply # 0

and where do you live now.

i'd say having that american passport and the ability to travel and live pretty much anywhere
is pretty damn important- even for black folk.

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

jd215
Charter member
1747 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 10:55 PM

5. "RE: curious: did you renounce your nationality?"
In response to Reply # 2

Good question--I have. It turns out it costs USD$450 to renounce citizenship.

I live in Europe now, between in the UK and Spain. I'm not black, I'm "white"...or white. With no quotes.

I have European citizenship and realise you're right. The UK passport gives me that same sort of freedom.

But man, I swear to god, this country is so backwards. Again, no offense to anyone. But gotdamn! Europe has its problems, but the relgious shit, (the *fake* relgious shit, ie, I'd rather profess good will than live it), the racist shit, the anti-gay shit, the anti-other shit...it's so intense here! I don't want to denigrate anyone, I want the best for everyone...but it seems rought here.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 11:22 PM

8. "oops, i guess i meant your citizenship, not nationality"
In response to Reply # 5
Sun Mar-29-15 11:29 PM by akon

>Good question--I have. It turns out it costs USD$450 to
>renounce citizenship.

but i find it interesting that the U.K is preferrable
granted i've only been to london but that was probably the most miserable country i've been to
its only good for a few days
my sister grew up in london ... i think the racial issues in the u.k are probably worse than in the u.s to be honest
was supposed to go to madrid a few weeks ago but that didnt happen so i cant really speak to spain.

where did you live in the u.s.

>But man, I swear to god, this country is so backwards. Again,
>no offense to anyone. But gotdamn! Europe has its problems,
>but the relgious shit, (the *fake* relgious shit, ie, I'd
>rather profess good will than live it), the racist shit, the
>anti-gay shit, the anti-other shit...it's so intense here! I
>don't want to denigrate anyone, I want the best for
>everyone...but it seems rought here.

where in the u.k do you live that this does not exist? (other than the religion ish)

btw, as a non- american passport holder, i envy that american passport.
the ability to just get on a plane without having to visit an embassy for a visa is something i wouldnt mind having at all

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

rdhull
Charter member
33109 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 10:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "bet you cant get no slurpee doe"
In response to Reply # 0

jd215
Charter member
1747 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 10:57 PM

6. "True"
In response to Reply # 3

normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13244 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 10:53 PM

4. "Where you stay now if I may ask?"
In response to Reply # 0

jd215
Charter member
1747 posts
Sun Mar-29-15 10:58 PM

7. "UK/Spain"
In response to Reply # 4

Alright places for a different POV. With their own ingrained bullshit of course.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12765999 Previous topic | Next topic