Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12765555

Subject: "Are y'all seeing a lot of kickstarters fail?" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49412 posts
Sat Mar-28-15 10:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Are y'all seeing a lot of kickstarters fail?"

I remember alot of talk about being concerned that kickstarter and the like were having a lot of dumb ish get funding but what I think I am finding is that kickstarter isn't some miracle fundraising tool and alot of projects aren't reaching their fundraising goal.

My experience with kickstarter is that even with good projects, you won't necessarily raise money from people who aren't already in your network of peoples.

I see all these projects and I think people are crazy to think they can raise money like that. Look at this project

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/going-out-a-champion-the-coach-joe-ellis-story

You doing something wrong if you thought you could raise 700k and only raise 4k.

BTW, here is a worthy project from the director of Still Bill and I am concerned his fundraising goal was too high. Support if you can.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2076824259/the-house-on-coco-road-grenada-documentary?ref=nav_search

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
good one's don't
Mar 28th 2015
your first link is an indiegogo campaign and you get to keep 85% even if...
Mar 28th 2015
My kickstarter failed....I ended up completing the project
Mar 28th 2015
This one nails it
Mar 28th 2015
Clay Davis bobblehead doll ?? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it
Mar 28th 2015
lol
Mar 30th 2015
Soo folks aren't seeing kickstarters fail left and right?
Mar 30th 2015

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44616 posts
Sat Mar-28-15 10:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "good one's don't"
In response to Reply # 0

every one i've backed has been a success...but they were great ideas from jump.

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79589 posts
Sat Mar-28-15 02:32 PM

2. "your first link is an indiegogo campaign and you get to keep 85% even if..."
In response to Reply # 0

reach your goal.

Castro
Charter member
50749 posts
Sat Mar-28-15 06:56 PM

3. "My kickstarter failed....I ended up completing the project"
In response to Reply # 0

but of the ones that I have support (over a dozen)....there were two that failed...one was a science fiction journal and the other was a vegan food caterer. Kickstarter requires DAILY marketing...

------------------
One Hundred.

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Sat Mar-28-15 07:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "This one nails it"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1556507886/isiah-whitlock-jr-talking-bobblehead/rewards

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

neuro_OSX
Member since Oct 29th 2004
1157 posts
Sat Mar-28-15 11:23 PM

5. "Clay Davis bobblehead doll ?? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-it"
In response to Reply # 4

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Mon Mar-30-15 02:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "lol"
In response to Reply # 4

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49412 posts
Mon Mar-30-15 02:27 PM

6. "Soo folks aren't seeing kickstarters fail left and right?"
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're

Lobby General Discussion topic #12765555 Previous topic | Next topic