Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12759763

Subject: "Any Okay Anglers out there?" Previous topic | Next topic
kevb
Charter member
16580 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 02:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Any Okay Anglers out there?"

If so, what type of fish are you targeting and in what type of water?

I really only focus on one type of fish for consumption and that's the Crappie. Right now, in central NC, they are not too far away from being in full spawn mode, which means, full buckets, bags of fillets for days.

Went last night to a local pier and took home 15.

Anyway, who fishes and what are you catching?

Kev

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Bass.
Mar 23rd 2015
yo wassup with McFreely anyway? anybody?
Mar 23rd 2015
I usually only fish on vacation.
Mar 23rd 2015
this drought is fucking up fishing out here in Cali
Mar 23rd 2015
coworker in Charlotte had photos with 18 to 20 Crappy in one trip.
Mar 23rd 2015

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 03:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Bass."
In response to Reply # 0

This is what I look forward to every year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ_S2fvWWew

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 03:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "yo wassup with McFreely anyway? anybody?"
In response to Reply # 0

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44257 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 03:43 PM

3. "I usually only fish on vacation."
In response to Reply # 0

I've only ever caught Wahoo & Red/yellow snapper.

By tuna trip was a bust, although EVERYONE else caught MAD tuna - The biggest we pulled up was a 21 pounder, but the average seemed to be around 10lbs. One dude even caught a Mako - I ain't catch shit.

I'm thinking about starting to fish for trout & Bass, because they're pretty plentiful this time a year in this area, may try for another deep sea fishing trip again, maybe this summer.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 05:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "this drought is fucking up fishing out here in Cali"
In response to Reply # 0

I havent been since my son was born. Well maybe once since he was born. But we bought this house about 2 years ago and I am 15 minutes away from 2 huge lakes Diamond Valley and Skinner. Diamond Valley is massive. One of the biggest in So Cal. But I havent been yet. Its so deep you can catch trout year round. Plus they have a good amount of stripers. Skinner used to be good for pan fish and trout/cat depending on what season it was. But the water line has dropped so low they stopped stocking it last year.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79555 posts
Mon Mar-23-15 09:51 PM

5. "coworker in Charlotte had photos with 18 to 20 Crappy in one trip."
In response to Reply # 0

I never heard of them before.

I only fish in the Atlantic out by Southport. Whiting, Spot... and the occassional baby shark or sting ray that feels like a big one.

Last summer a skinny white girl pulled in a 6 or 7 foot shark. She had help but she did a lot of the work. She had the vest on, shaking and shit... prolly took her 30 minutes.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12759763 Previous topic | Next topic