Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12750692

Subject: "The 5ive™ (Friday The Thirteenf edition) " Previous topic | Next topic
Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 09:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The 5ive™ (Friday The Thirteenf edition) "
Fri Mar-13-15 09:15 AM by Fishgrease

GoFundMe
---------

I got some folks from my past that are my FB friends that have set up a gofundme acct to try to raise $10k for a funeral for someone they all know. So far they got 148 people to raise approx $7300.

If you don't have money to bury you folks and they haven't made proper provisions to take care of said stuff before they died---why isn't cremation (that's usually $1000 or less) not a viable option?

I grew up and worked in our family funeral home and to this day I think funerals and the costs are a total waste of time & money to the point where I wish to be cremated. I just don't like that people go into debt trying to bury someone. You have to keep living and as long as you do---your bills continue stackin'. Don't let someone thats no longer around add to your troubles.

That's me though---I'm probably alone in this thinking. My family would probably disown me if they knew I was out here advocating cremation and takin' away from their bottom line.

Guinea Pig
-----------

About two months ago my son got a guinea pig. Cute enough or rather about as cute as a rodent could be. Female. He named her Angel Bowens. No biggie as kids believe animals need full names---first and last. I thought it peculiar that he picked Bowens but then again it's not my pet and in my mind it's just a rat.

Just a rat, until I go to my son's Parent-Teacher conference this past tuesday. I tell the teacher about my son's new pet. That he called her Angel and that the kicker was that she had a last name. I couldn't remember the last name but said I remember that it started with a "B". Possibly "Bowers" or maybe "bullock".

The teacher looks at me and says "BOWENS"...I look in amazement, yeah that's it. How did you know?

She walks me over to my son's desk and I look at the name on the desk in front of him-- "Angel Bowens"

That little slick and smooth son of mine, I swear.

Reminds me of the time I was in the 3rd grade and we got a new puppy I named it "Brandy" to honor the girl that lived in our apartment complex at the time that I was jonesin' on.

oh to be young again.

----------------

Funny Bone

Went to a comedy club last weekend for my bday. It was my first time going to one in ages. I forgot how fun it was to just laugh.
You ever been somewhere that has the roughest of rough lookin' people and they're laughing and having a great time? I think I paid more attention to the Thugs and Thots laughing than I did to the actual comedians on stage. I just like seeing people--especially MY PEOPLE enjoying life. I wonder if all out brawls ever occur at comedy clubs like they do night clubs? Can you laugh and fight in succession?

I don't know. I wonder though. But then again, I don't wanna be 'round to find out.

--------------

May 2nd

The Floyd fight and the Kentucky Derby are on the same day.
The Lord is good.

I wish I could attend one or the other(preferably the Derby™)this year but my money says "peace, be still" for I am moving at the end of that month so I'm not spending no extra for the sake of entertainment when I gotta live. I'm bettin' on them horses though (as I always do).

-------------------------
Movin' Weight.

I gotta lose this extra 40 something pounds I've put on. Like right now. I'm a little dude 5'6 that should be 145 to 150 but instead i'm 183....

*sips this 400 calorie Starbucks coffee before hitting "post message"

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I am responding because I dont have anything
Mar 13th 2015
Old people and those with a good sense of money get it....everyone
Mar 13th 2015
RE: I am responding because I dont have anything
Mar 13th 2015
angel bowens is too cute
Mar 13th 2015
RE: angel bowens is too cute
Mar 13th 2015
      you right
Mar 13th 2015
He's a smooth operator. LOL
Mar 13th 2015
i probably wont see you tomorrow
Mar 13th 2015
tomorrow
Mar 13th 2015
RE: He's a smooth operator. LOL
Mar 13th 2015
      LOL!
Mar 13th 2015
your son is too CUTE!
Mar 13th 2015
I got three
Mar 13th 2015
Man, muhphuckas be havin' whole new lives and aspirations by the
Mar 13th 2015
      lol
Mar 13th 2015
Cinco
Mar 13th 2015
i want to be an expatriate in Paris....but I need to brush up on my
Mar 13th 2015
Huck & 4 other supporting cast members i dig in their respective shows
Mar 13th 2015
I am going to take your name for granted
Mar 13th 2015
Teens are angry regardless of what they're goin' thru.
Mar 13th 2015
RE: Huck & 4 other supporting cast members i dig in their respective sho...
Mar 13th 2015
onetwothreefourfive.
Mar 13th 2015
How far are you from FL now?
Mar 13th 2015
      i live in new york lol #far
Mar 13th 2015
           Road trip...straight down I-95. This is the time when you
Mar 13th 2015
                i def intend to drive because i'm afraid of planes
Mar 13th 2015
LOL at your son.
Mar 13th 2015
RE: LOL at your son.
Mar 13th 2015
      Her eyes get so puffy.
Mar 13th 2015
           She and I are on the same level.
Mar 13th 2015
RE: The 5ive™ (Friday The Thirteenf edition)
Mar 13th 2015
no he named the guinea pig after the girl that sits in front of him. the...
Mar 13th 2015
      RE: no he named the guinea pig after the girl that sits in front of him....
Mar 13th 2015
tracks on tracks on tracks
Mar 13th 2015
i like playin' around w/garageband on my ipad...I can
Mar 13th 2015
More people should consider cremation
Mar 13th 2015
gravesights are a waste of land...LOL
Mar 13th 2015
      Well... about that... (partial swipe)
Mar 13th 2015
           o....m....g.....
Mar 13th 2015
                It's certainly interesting.
Mar 13th 2015
                     yessssssssssss
Mar 13th 2015
5 things I enjoy alone
Mar 13th 2015
Congrats on the new job!!!
Mar 13th 2015
      Thanks!
Mar 13th 2015
5 Song Friday
Mar 13th 2015
nice start with the KeefMurray
Mar 13th 2015
      Thanks holmes, appreciate it!
Mar 13th 2015
btw..... you fluffy
Mar 13th 2015

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 09:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I am responding because I dont have anything"
In response to Reply # 0

I am 100% in agreement. I was with my aunt during her preplanning meeting and even after she said she didn't want a coffin crypt etc the dude was trying to hard sell her the urn, a memorial bench or something

He was all "your family is going to be mad at you for not having them a place to come and memorialize you". We looked at each other and tried not to laugh in his face. He walked right past the ancestral altar...

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 09:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Old people and those with a good sense of money get it....everyone "
In response to Reply # 1

in between will go into debt trying to afford a plot, coffin and service.

The *ONLY* reason my mom was buried was because she had already made provisions for herself but then again my family business took care of all of that. She set aside money for her coffin and the church costs.

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:55 AM

26. "RE: I am responding because I dont have anything"
In response to Reply # 1

My mom doesn't want to be buried. She wants to be cremated. I'll just create a space for her urn wherever we live. Or create an alter somewhere on our family land. I think she would like that.

I'm thinking I would like the same thing.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 09:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "angel bowens is too cute"
In response to Reply # 0

my five

1 - i have a list of food i want to eat after this challenge is over. it includes shake shack, a donut from dough, chocolate cappuccino cake from houlihan's, and a plain toasted bagel with butter and bacon. i'm not gonna eat it all at once i promise.

2 - speaking of this challenge, my resolve has been wavering. i'm down 9lbs but my goal is 20 which is doable but i've been giving in to temptation recently. i know how i am and it's better if i cut that out completely until the challenge is over.

3 - the main players in my crew from college have been gone for a while now (they all passed) and i've been dreaming about them almost every night this week. for a time i thought i was gonna go next but now i feel like i'm still here to represent for them. it sounds weird but the thought is comforting for me. i miss them all so much.

4 - unbeknownst to me i was driving around with an expired inspection sticker AND registration for like two weeks. so i took a personal day on tuesday to get it all sorted out and it was just the reset i needed. once i finished that i cleaned my house and organized a bit. my attitude was so much better. now if i only i could wake my butt up earlier in the morning.

5 - i am going back and forth on whether i should take this trip to spain or not for my bday. with the job situation uncertain i don't feel completely comfortable dropping that much money. but the likelihood of me going another time is low. but then i kinda really wanna have a party and celebrate with all my friends. maybe i can swing both. i dunno. so conflicted.

______
gnap.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:33 AM

14. "RE: angel bowens is too cute"
In response to Reply # 3

>5 - i am going back and forth on whether i should take this
>trip to spain or not for my bday. with the job situation
>uncertain i don't feel completely comfortable dropping that
>much money. but the likelihood of me going another time is
>low. but then i kinda really wanna have a party and celebrate
>with all my friends. maybe i can swing both. i dunno. so
>conflicted.

Spain ain't going no where....if you feel uncertain, stick w/your gut.

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 12:12 PM

32. "you right"
In response to Reply # 14

______
gnap.

Sha
Member since Mar 25th 2004
68452 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 09:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "He's a smooth operator. LOL "
In response to Reply # 0

My five:

5. I'm eligible for a upgrade and I hope Sprint plays no games when I walk in to get that 6 today. I thought about the 6plus but, I chilled. My hands too damn small.

4. All my bills are paid and that's the best feeling. Now I can adequately place money up and then cut up with the rest!

3. Speaking of cutting up, I so need this mindless fun this weekend. This mini get away will give me a lil reprieve but, I need a realllllllllllll get away.

2. I still don't know wtf I wanna do for my bday. *shrugs*

1. My hair must give off a cotton candy look or something. In the last few weeks I've had more adults, animals and children sniffing or touching my hair. Guess it doesn't help that I use a burnt sugar moisturizer on it. LOL.

*bonus* I fully intend to hit Shake Shack after I come from Sprint!

labcoat
Member since Jun 15th 2006
14585 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 09:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "i probably wont see you tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 4

when are you coming in?

--------------
Daren, I'll never forget you
http://www.fayemurman.com/extras/magee/daren/

Sha
68452 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 10:18 AM

11. "tomorrow"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm still bringing the shoes for your Momma.
They'll be there

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:35 AM

15. "RE: He's a smooth operator. LOL "
In response to Reply # 4

>My five:
>
>5. I'm eligible for a upgrade and I hope Sprint plays no
>games when I walk in to get that 6 today. I thought about the
>6plus but, I chilled. My hands too damn small.

Sprint is the reason I ain't upgradin' from this s4. It's the last phone they carried that allowed for Talk and Surf at the same time. I don't wanna be usin' my phone as a GPS and I get a call and next thing you know I'm lost....

I'm lyin' though...I'm probably gonna get that Nexus 6 just as soon as I move in May.

Sha
68452 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:41 AM

20. "LOL!"
In response to Reply # 15

at least you know yourself.

labcoat
Member since Jun 15th 2006
14585 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 09:52 AM

5. "your son is too CUTE!"
In response to Reply # 0

aww
young love

--------------
Daren, I'll never forget you
http://www.fayemurman.com/extras/magee/daren/

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 09:53 AM

6. "I got three"
In response to Reply # 0

1) No Facebook - I have tickets to the French Film Fest. I'm not doing romantic films right now, so I need to plan carefully. Speaking of which, there is a film called "What We Do In The Shadows" about some vampires who are roommates that I want to see. Obviously this isn't showing at the French Film Fest. It is a comedy horror. I watched trailer and it looks entertaining. I wish it was on Netflix right now.

2) No LinkedIn - I stalk my work related contacts on LinkedIn. Any time I get put on hold or I'm waiting on and email back from someone I type their name in to LinkedIn to see what I can find. Really I just want to see how they describe themselves and the work that we do so I can beef up my resume.

3) No Twitter - I was included in a mass text informing us of a new phone number. Saw the area code of the new number and wondered if they had moved. So I searched the web (this gives me chills). I found out through Twitter that this person has gotten married and had a baby since I last talked to them. The word friend bothers me in this context.

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:37 AM

16. "Man, muhphuckas be havin' whole new lives and aspirations by the"
In response to Reply # 6

time I find out about 'em.

my boy Rob moved to Montana and got married...I thought he still lived down the street.

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:44 AM

23. "lol"
In response to Reply # 16

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Latina212
Member since Apr 28th 2003
8731 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 10:06 AM

8. "Cinco"
In response to Reply # 0

- I post on here and confession Wednesday so that I can look back and see what I was dealing w at the time. It's crazy how fast things have changed in a matter of weeks.

- his friend said the sweetest and all the right things. I go to bed with a smile now.

- I'm excited about going back to sculpting class. I miss my old lady gang.

- I'm enjoying this. Never thought it would happen, but it is. Literally out of no where, when I least expected it.

- I kind of want to move overseas w my friends...financially it would be a great move, but would kill everything else I have going on.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:38 AM

17. "i want to be an expatriate in Paris....but I need to brush up on my"
In response to Reply # 8

French.

Plus I don't think my girl or son would like me leavin' them.

LOL

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 10:09 AM

9. "Huck & 4 other supporting cast members i dig in their respective shows"
In response to Reply # 0

*Huck on Scandal*

- out of all the rappers rhymin about drugs and being big-time, it was John Forte that got caught with $2 million in cocaine at EWR.

that will forever amaze me...

*Charlie from HTGAWM*

- DeMarco Murray signed with the eagles. i wish him well cuz he's a good dude and i'm a fan. but no way is he putting up numbers anywhere near what he did with us.

*Mike Ehrmantraut from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul*

- if you're eating clean and doing paleo or you're a vegan or you're gluten-free, i can dig that. i just wish you'd shut up about it.

the same with people doing cross-fit and working out like maniacs. i applaud your dedication and i dig your efforts. i just wish you'd shut up about it.

*Clyde on House of Lies*

- i'm mentoring a kid that has extreme anger issues. i think he's gay and having a hard time dealing with it. is that common? for pre-teens to lash out angrily at the world when they discover that aspect of themselves?

*Alfred on Gotham*

- i need a good summer music festival to go to that's kind of like Essence but not Essence. we got good ones here in Maryland but i want to fly somewhere and check out a music festival in another city...

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:28 AM

13. "I am going to take your name for granted"
In response to Reply # 9

Youve probably done this one:

http://www.detroitjazzfest.com/

If not please consider visiting us.
huh

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:39 AM

18. "Teens are angry regardless of what they're goin' thru. "
In response to Reply # 9

Tiggerific
13451 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 12:06 PM

29. "RE: Huck & 4 other supporting cast members i dig in their respective sho..."
In response to Reply # 9

I'm sorry about my paleo and CrossFit bragging. I don't mean to. Its just that it is such a big part of my life

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 10:13 AM

10. "onetwothreefourfive."
In response to Reply # 0

wednesday night i had mad fun and got drunk on somebody else's dime. wound up doing some semi-debauchery and i just keep thinking about it and laughing lol you only live once.
had my lil girls gone wild moment (my shirt stayed on. my hands went on an adventure tho).

i need a haircut bad. i went close to 6 years without having to comb my hair. this having to style and comb my shit is for the birds. i gotta get regular haircuts or else its back to locs because i can't be bothered.

started watching paprika but fell asleep on it. not because it's not good but because i was mad tired from wednesday night's debauchery and still was kinda recovering from all that henny consumption.
the premise of the movie involves dreams and recording dreams so i'm all in. gonna try
to watch the rest tonight. my dreams lately have been extra interesting and actually tied into
real life a little bit more than usual (dreaming about people i've seen recently or things i've been thinking about heavily etc as opposed to just mad random). i'm really INTO my dreams. one day it will all make sense, i hope.

don't know how to feel with regards to the FOMC. part of me still just wants to punch him in the face and tell him to fuck off.

promised myself that i'm going to florida sometime this year. i need a real vacation away from everything and perhaps even everyone. just me and my thoughts and a beach.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:40 AM

19. "How far are you from FL now? "
In response to Reply # 10

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:42 AM

21. "i live in new york lol #far"
In response to Reply # 19

www.royallegacy.org

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:50 AM

24. "Road trip...straight down I-95. This is the time when you "
In response to Reply # 21

couch surf on all the OKP's sofas you've befriended over the years.

SHAstayhighalways
3696 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 12:06 PM

30. "i def intend to drive because i'm afraid of planes"
In response to Reply # 24

haven't been on a plane since 2001
and probably will only ride in one to cross oceans
lol

gonna skip the okps and visit family in north carolina
(most of the okps i know like that live up here lol)

already got the plans mapped out in my head
just gotta save up money and make it so
then i'll figure out the date to bounce.

www.royallegacy.org

Pamalama
Charter member
1687 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:16 AM

12. "LOL at your son."
In response to Reply # 0

My youngest has been on me for 4 of her 8 years about a guinea pig. Every birthday, every xmas. Ain't gonna do it.

My five...

- Sometimes, I look in the mirror and the words "Goony Goo-Goo" come to mind. Lord knows I can't afford laser treatments, but I might have to move some things around. I think this is happening because I picked on Ms. Josephine (behind her back) when I was a child.

- My mind is not what it used to be. And because of that, I have an irrational fear that I will have Alzheimer's Disease when I'm older. I've always wanted to get a 'preventative maintenance' MRI. I'm gonna look into that for this year.

- My mom takes care of everyone else's affairs, but won't take care of hers. For the past 5 years, I've asked her about her paperwork, her wishes, etc. She tells me what they are, but she won't put it on paper. I don't know what she's scared of. She knows how these things play out and yet, she keeps procrastinating. Now I'm harrassing her and I don't like it.

- I was looking at my pay increase the other day and said 'I need a new job'. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was expecting more than that. Why did I receive a phone call later than night asking if I was interested in a new position? You know I'm gonna see what they're talking about right?

- I have a love hate relationship with Spring. Great for me, misery for my oldest kid. Her allergies are ridiculous to the point where she hates going outside. I've considered getting her allergy shots, but it seems so excessive. We'll see what this year brings, but we may have to go through with it. I told her what it entails and of course she was like, "Um, no". But then when her allergies kicked in, her 'No', turned to maybe.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:44 AM

22. "RE: LOL at your son."
In response to Reply # 12

I get the allergy shots and they still only do so much. It seems like every season, I'm allergic to something new. I can handle everything but the water eyes and the headaches. The coughing, the dry throat, the flu like symptoms, I can bear....but the constantly wiping my eyes (causing me to wear my glasses) and the migraines make me hate everyone who doesn't suffer.

I don't go outside from March to mid april and again from Mid september - Mid october because of my allergies.

>
>- I have a love hate relationship with Spring. Great for me,
>misery for my oldest kid. Her allergies are ridiculous to the
>point where she hates going outside. I've considered getting
>her allergy shots, but it seems so excessive. We'll see what
>this year brings, but we may have to go through with it. I
>told her what it entails and of course she was like, "Um, no".
> But then when her allergies kicked in, her 'No', turned to
>maybe.

Pamalama
Charter member
1687 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:56 AM

27. "Her eyes get so puffy. "
In response to Reply # 22

It's so bad, she looks like somebody punched her in both eyes. She takes Zyrtec, Benadryl, Nasonex, eye drops and some kinda cream for her skin. To take all of that and still be uncomfortable is insane. I don't know what to do at this point.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 01:31 PM

33. "She and I are on the same level. "
In response to Reply # 27

Tiggerific
13451 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:52 AM

25. "RE: The 5ive™ (Friday The Thirteenf edition) "
In response to Reply # 0

LOL!!! He named his guinea pig after his teacher.

Sick kid: After three days of darn near blissful weather, my child has a runny nose and a cough. Thank you NC for going from warm to cold...and apparently back to warm within a week or so. Since she's only almost 3 (birfday on the 27th) I can still only give her children's tylenol with vicks vapor rub. I do saline her nose, but she absolutely hates it.

Michigan: I will be in the house!!!! The week of the munchkin's birfday, the hubby has a business trip to Ann Arbor. So, we will be staying with the dad and other mother in the
"Great White". The munchkin will be spoiled rotten. New aquarium trip...no problem. Wanna go to the water park...here we come Frankenmuth. Wanna ride your pimped out tricycle (if there is no snow on the ground)...sure! The only downside to this trip is the mother in law will be tagging along. ARGH!!!! Now, I just told you its my daughter's birthday week. But, I guarantee this woman will totally make this trip about her. She always does! And that's just one of the reasons why my mother in law and I do not get along.

CrossFit: I am about to go BEAST MODE! (c) Marshawn Lynch (I'm not infringing on his trademark). The CrossFit Open WOD (scaled version) is about to be conquered Tiggerific style. Wall-balls and Double Unders! I got this shit!!!! New blog: http://bjafaceeverythingandrecover.blogspot.com/2015/03/i-love-it.html

Best thing on Disney Junior: Besides Doc MacStuffins is Nina needs to go!!!! I'm showing the munchkin anything and everything potty related because when she's playing or watching her shows she does NOT wanna stop and go to the potty.

Baby fever: Seriously, like 3 of my family and friends have had babies in a 3 week span. And, newborns are so incredibly cute!!!!! The way they look at you and cuddle with you. I miss Zoe being that small. They truly make me want another one. Then, I think about potty training and the feelings go away real quick.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 11:59 AM

28. "no he named the guinea pig after the girl that sits in front of him. the..."
In response to Reply # 25

desks face one another.

Tiggerific
13451 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 12:10 PM

31. "RE: no he named the guinea pig after the girl that sits in front of him...."
In response to Reply # 28

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! That's even cuter!!!!!!

bonitaapplebaum71481
Member since Aug 04th 2003
22576 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 01:51 PM

34. "tracks on tracks on tracks"
In response to Reply # 0

~I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Obviously something's been taking space in my mind but I'm hoping this weekend sorts it out cuz my defenses almost fell with everything going to hell for two seconds :-/

~Driving Miss Daisy

Bike adventures were going pretty hard all winter but this good weather makes me feel almost unsmoteable... *smiles*

~Changes (Harmonimix)

Going to a funeral on Sunday for a friend's brother. Super fucking sudden and I'm probably not ready for it but you gotta support ya know?

~& It Was U

I like this new gig, almost wished they gave me more shifts but yeah, I'm not salty about my old gig anymore. Miss the fuckers I worked with but that's how it normally is in service industry *shrug*

~Quest

Finally working on music for realsies with folks who wanna work with me!!!! Definitely gonna cop a refurbished Mac and get all the music production software I can fit in there. Not too happy about being a part of the Apple nation but whatever

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 02:40 PM

38. "i like playin' around w/garageband on my ipad...I can "
In response to Reply # 34

only imagine how it is on an actual mac

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 02:09 PM

35. "More people should consider cremation"
In response to Reply # 0

After dating someone who worked with a mortician... I only want cremation.
My parents are considering it too now.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 02:39 PM

37. "gravesights are a waste of land...LOL "
In response to Reply # 35

Sepia.
12896 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 02:42 PM

40. "Well... about that... (partial swipe)"
In response to Reply # 37

http://www.treehugger.com/culture/egg-shaped-burial-pods-fertilize-forest.html

"In another twist on green funerals and eco-friendly burials, two Italian designers envision a new way of paying it forward, even after death.

In the attempt to make cemeteries, funerals, and burials greener, many different ideas have been put forth over the last couple of decades,
including one which can turn your loved ones into compost, but this concept goes a step further and envisions planting "sacred forests"
with the bodies of the deceased serving as fertilizer.

The Capsula Mundi concept, from designers Anna Citelli and Raoul Bretzel, uses an egg-shaped burial pod made from biodegradable starch
plastic as the coffin, in which the body is placed in a fetal position and buried under the ground. A tree (or tree seed) is then planted over
the top of the pod, which will use the nutrients from the decomposing body as fertilizer for its growth."

bonitaapplebaum71481
22576 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 05:52 PM

46. "o....m....g....."
In response to Reply # 40

I've always wanted to die and become a plant!!!

I skimmed it but I'm just gonna assume now that it's just like all my post death dreams come true

like seriously, How High almost became my life plan

Sepia.
12896 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 06:10 PM

47. "It's certainly interesting. "
In response to Reply # 46

All kinds of fantastical story lines came to mind after reading about it.

The sacred forest full of ancestor trees that speak to you.
And how winter is such an unlucky time that people try not to make important decisions because the trees often grow silent.
Maybe there's impending doom for the trees -- a weather-changing witch or deforestation, something.
Or maybe people just stop being able to hear them, although they have an extremely important message...

bonitaapplebaum71481
22576 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 07:30 PM

48. "yessssssssssss"
In response to Reply # 47

I like your mind ma

Sepia.
12896 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 02:27 PM

36. "5 things I enjoy alone"
In response to Reply # 0

...because nobody will enjoy them with me

1. Cocteau Twins
The news has been weighing heavily on me lately. I need the world to be a better place.

2. Action movies
I got my mom started working out. And I'm supposed to get my bff started this weekend.
Now all I need is someone in my life to be that person who encourages and helps *me* to do better.

3. "desert blues"
I'm starting yoga. Giving up meat. Drinking healthy smoothies for breakfast. I'm becoming a cliche but oh well.

4. Hiking and trail cycling
Spent some time with my great aunt and felt so much better about life. She is what I want to become as I age.

5. Trail cycling
I'm so happy about this new job. I can't wait to start.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 02:41 PM

39. "Congrats on the new job!!! "
In response to Reply # 36

good luck.

Sepia.
12896 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 02:43 PM

41. "Thanks!"
In response to Reply # 39

:-)

KingMonte
4675 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 04:45 PM

42. "5 Song Friday"
In response to Reply # 0

My 90s, Part I
http://lsrules.podomatic.com/entry/2015-03-13T00_00_00-07_00

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 05:29 PM

43. "nice start with the KeefMurray"
In response to Reply # 42

i know it's Keith.

KingMonte
4675 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 05:30 PM

44. "Thanks holmes, appreciate it!"
In response to Reply # 43

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

bonitaapplebaum71481
22576 posts
Fri Mar-13-15 05:51 PM

45. "btw..... you fluffy"
In response to Reply # 0

hi (c) thegodcam

Lobby General Discussion topic #12750692 Previous topic | Next topic