Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12744892

Subject: "RE: transgender/body mod community." Previous topic | Next topic
Voletta Wallace
Member since Feb 28th 2006
137 posts
Sun Mar-08-15 12:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"RE: transgender/body mod community."
Sun Mar-08-15 12:31 PM by Voletta Wallace

i always been kind of interested how society is accommodating of a man who decides he wants to be a woman (or vice versa).

but meanwhile that dude who cut his nose off and got all those facial implants because he wants to be "red skull" is a "freak" or an idiot.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/02/04/252CD01F00000578-0-image-m-31_1423043530377.jpg

pardon my ignorance, but conceptually aren't they both body mod?

i've seen some WILD, gross out shit when it comes to body mod on the internet.
(not by choice either...)

people splitting their dicks in half and all types of crazy shit that most people wouldn't dream of inflicting on themselves.

and why do they do it? because they want to.
they all got their own reasons and more power to them, i guess...

but if you think about it objectively is there any more extreme genital body mod than cutting your dick and balls off entirely and getting a mock-up vagina surgically implanted?

i don't know -- not trying to be ignorant, but i really don't see that much a difference between op TS and people going ham with body mod aside from the way society accommodates one and looks on in horror at the other.

<- LOOKIN' RIGHT AT YOU, MY G.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
feigning ignorance doesn't absolve you of stupidity
Mar 08th 2015
care to engage me rather than ad hominem?
Mar 08th 2015
      yes because you'd actually learn so much if he did.
Mar 08th 2015
oh okay.
Mar 08th 2015
*grabs a seat*
Mar 08th 2015
I'm going to try and have constructive discourse here
Mar 08th 2015
thanks for replying.
Mar 09th 2015
. . .
Mar 09th 2015
ok, thanks for replying anyway.
Mar 09th 2015

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Sun Mar-08-15 12:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "feigning ignorance doesn't absolve you of stupidity"
In response to Reply # 0

and stupidity is being generous.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Voletta Wallace
137 posts
Sun Mar-08-15 12:38 PM

2. "care to engage me rather than ad hominem?"
In response to Reply # 1
Sun Mar-08-15 12:39 PM by Voletta Wallace

n/m

Joe Corn Mo
Member since Aug 29th 2010
15139 posts
Sun Mar-08-15 02:05 PM

4. "yes because you'd actually learn so much if he did. "
In response to Reply # 2

Joe Corn Mo
Member since Aug 29th 2010
15139 posts
Sun Mar-08-15 01:47 PM

3. "oh okay. "
In response to Reply # 0

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Sun Mar-08-15 02:10 PM

5. "*grabs a seat*"
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/WE0DRqN.gif

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Sun Mar-08-15 09:00 PM

6. "I'm going to try and have constructive discourse here"
In response to Reply # 0

for once, unlike most of posts you've gotten so far, because it's an interesting thing to think about.
Anyway, the main thing that makes them different is that with sexual surgeries there's a conscious act of identification. The modifications that come with things like adding or removing other body parts are ornamental at least, and ceremonial at most. To be clear, the guy probably doesn't identify himself as being the Red Skull given flesh, while a transexual surgery seeker self-identifies as a different gender.
While it seems that the bulk of your post wasn't really properly evaluated because of one angle, you're right that genital modification is incredibly extreme-as it should be, considering the sort of personal clarity that should go into making a decision to go forth with it.
But to get back to your initial question, unfortunately society isn't socially evolved as a whole to not consider either of your specified cases as "normal." Both of these people are considered freaks in some fashion, but I'd venture to say that post-op transexuals have it worse because when you put horns on your head or have your tongue forked, you don't carry the silly (and highly inaccurate) social stigma that comes along with still being seen as a man that likes men and opted to become a woman, and vice versa; by definition, such a transformation isn't about what someone thinks and feels about others as much as it about how that person feels about themselves, and who they truly are.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Voletta Wallace
137 posts
Mon Mar-09-15 05:45 AM

7. "thanks for replying."
In response to Reply # 6
Mon Mar-09-15 05:47 AM by Voletta Wallace

i don't really have anything to add to anything you specifically said.

personally, i think body modification needs to be expanded to include sex changes, plastic surgery.

until there are means to add/remove chromosomes, there is no such thing as a sex change despite it being sold as such.

i mean even weightlifting/exercise/bodybuilding i suppose could be deemed something of a "modification", despite there being no external procedure or operation involved.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Mar-09-15 07:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. ". . ."
In response to Reply # 0

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/54099381.jpg

fuck you.

Voletta Wallace
137 posts
Mon Mar-09-15 07:22 AM

9. "ok, thanks for replying anyway."
In response to Reply # 8

Lobby General Discussion topic #12744892 Previous topic | Next topic