Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12739660

Subject: "February was an absolute roller coaster. I got my transfer. " Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44831 posts
Mon Mar-02-15 02:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"February was an absolute roller coaster. I got my transfer. "

My friend came through and literally made this happen. I figured she’d be stonewalled by the time it got to my director, but it seems she’s well regarded by her director enough that he made a call and got me a ticket to their office. Now my job is to make her look good for going to bat for me. It’s definitely lifted my wife’s spirits as she’s feeling pretty lonely over there.

Anyhow, best news I’ve heard in awhile. My last day at this office is Friday the 13th. Feels pretty good, especially after the way that measles shit went down. Now people are complaining because there’s another worker leaving this office a week and they’re going to be extremely short handed for a few months. Wish I could say I felt bad, but after the leper treatment I got a few weeks ago I’m having a good laugh at their expense. Fuck ‘em

My daughter is fully recovered and a month after I transfer to my new office, my son will be here and my wife and I will be going on leave and I can’t wait.

It’s a great start to March if I do say so myself. It definitely came in like a lion.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
that's wonderful. very glad to hear that it worked out for you and
Mar 02nd 2015

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Mon Mar-02-15 04:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "that's wonderful. very glad to hear that it worked out for you and "
In response to Reply # 0

i pray that things continue to go well for y'all. great news about your daughter's recovery. this will be a good story for you to tell her and her brother one day.

to this day, we still bust out the story of when my oldest was a baby, and had a double ear infection and it was snowing in NC, and our only car got repo'd on Christmas Eve. (they took it like late in the night as dec 23rd turned into dec 24th).

we robbed the piggy bank for cab fare to the pediatricians. then walked across the street to go to some grocery store and bounce a check to get her prescription, some food to last us while we were stuck, and cash back for the cab home. at the time, that was one of the lowest points in my life. (i'd been through worse financial times, but being almost unable to take care of my sick daughter was like a next level feeling of failure). but fast forward 20-some yrs and that's a source of encouragement and affirmation that things can and do get better.

glad you and the missus get to take some time, also. that's important.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12739660 Previous topic | Next topic