Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12737147

Subject: "Jihadi John: Islamic State killer identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi..." Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79493 posts
Thu Feb-26-15 07:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Jihadi John: Islamic State killer identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi..."

Partial swipe

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/jihadi-john-the-islamic-state-killer-behind-the-mask-is-a-young-londoner/2015/02/25/d6dbab16-bc43-11e4-bdfa-b8e8f594e6ee_story.html

LONDON — The world knows him as “Jihadi John,” the masked man with a British accent who has beheaded several hostages held by the Islamic State and who taunts audiences in videos circulated widely online.

But his real name, according to friends and others familiar with his case, is Mohammed Emwazi, a Briton from a well-to-do family who grew up in West London and graduated from college with a degree in computer programming. He is believed to have traveled to Syria around 2012 and to have later joined the Islamic State, the group whose barbarity he has come to symbolize.

“I have no doubt that Mohammed is Jihadi John,” said one of Emwazi’s close friends who identified him in an interview with The Washington Post. “He was like a brother to me. . . . I am sure it is him.”

A representative of a British human rights group who had been in contact with Emwazi before he left for Syria also said he believed Emwazi was Jihadi John, a moniker given to him by some of the hostages he once held.

“There was an extremely strong resemblance,” Asim Qureshi, research director at the rights group, CAGE, said when shown one of the videos and asked to confirm whether Emwazi could be “Jihadi John.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
real life is a tv show.
Feb 26th 2015
may he rest in hell
Feb 26th 2015
RE: Jihadi John: Islamic State killer identified as Londoner Mohammed Em...
Feb 26th 2015
This is the key:
Feb 27th 2015
      Then most black people should be doing this type of thing right?
Feb 27th 2015
           yes and no
Feb 27th 2015
                The U.S. detains niggas every day, sometimes twice a day on Fridays
Feb 27th 2015
                Cuba already has a number of militants from the US
Feb 27th 2015
The CIA just trolled the hell outta dude.
Feb 26th 2015
photo of Jihadi John...
Feb 27th 2015
Terrible press for the Pittsburgh Pirates... n/m
Feb 27th 2015
      fuck him... this is our year!!!
Feb 27th 2015
           LMAO!
Feb 27th 2015
I'm mad that they have a silly ass name for this guy
Feb 27th 2015
probably by intention
Feb 27th 2015
Have any of you ever watched the Jihadist propoganda videos?
Feb 27th 2015

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Thu Feb-26-15 07:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "real life is a tv show."
In response to Reply # 0

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Thu Feb-26-15 07:57 PM

2. "may he rest in hell"
In response to Reply # 0

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

Sarah_Bellum
Charter member
7489 posts
Thu Feb-26-15 08:18 PM

3. "RE: Jihadi John: Islamic State killer identified as Londoner Mohammed Em..."
In response to Reply # 0

I really don't get it... You go from popping round the pub for bangers and mash to cutting off heads. I can see if you're young, poor, and disenfranchised idiots stuck in Syria get caught up because shit is bad and ain't nothing to do in a war zone but war.....
but this fool left London to do this?!?!

I guess he's no different than the fuck wads that signed up for Iraq just to fill some Iraqis with bullet holes without consequences... It just this guy was raised watching the real world and road rules so he thinks he's a reality tv celeb/jihadi.

DJTB YOMM

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43351 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 01:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "This is the key:"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri Feb-27-15 01:15 PM by ShawndmeSlanted

For western countries, the danger of treating people like suspects is that in can increase the likelihood of people getting fed up and becoming what you were trying to prevent.

Who knows this story could be BS, or he coulda radicalized anyways-- but I think if past transgressions to people of color were made in today's social media/globalization age, we may have fought back in similar ways.

He was raised in a middle­class neighborhood in London and on occasion prayed at a
mosque in Greenwich.

The friends, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the
investigation, believe that Emwazi started to radicalize after a planned safari in Tanzania
following his graduation from the University of Westminster.

Emwazi and two friends — a German convert to Islam named Omar and another man,
Abu Talib — never made it on the trip. Once they landed in Dar es Salaam, in May 2009,
they were detained by police and held overnight. It’s unclear whether the reason for the
detention was made clear to the three, but they were eventually deported.
Emwazi flew to Amsterdam, where he claimed that an officer from MI5, Britain’s domestic
security agency, accused him of trying to reach Somalia, where the militant group alShabab
operates in the southern part of the country, according to e­mails that he sent to
Qureshi and that were provided to The Post.

Emwazi denied the accusation and claimed that MI5 representatives had tried to recruit
him. But a former hostage said Jihadi John was obsessed with Somalia and made his
captives watch videos about al­Shabab, which is allied with al­Qaeda.
The episode was described in the Independent, a British newspaper, which identifiedEmwazi as Muhammad ibn Muazzam.

Emwazi and his friends were allowed to return to Britain, where he met with Qureshi in
the fall of 2009 to discuss what had happened. “Mohammed was quite incensed by his
treatment, that he had been very unfairly treated,” Qureshi said.
Shortly afterward, Emwazi decided to move to his birthplace, Kuwait, where he landed a
job working for a computer company, according to the e­mails he wrote to Qureshi. He
came back to London twice, the second time to finalize his wedding plans to a woman in
Kuwait.

In June 2010, however, counterterrorism officials in Britain detained him again — this
time fingerprinting him and searching his belongings. When he tried to fly back to Kuwait
the next day, he was prevented from doing so.

“I had a job waiting for me and marriage to get started,” he wrote in a June 2010 e­mail to
Qureshi. But now “I feel like a prisoner, only not in a cage, in London. A person
imprisoned & controlled by security service men, stopping me from living my new life in
my birthplace & country, Kuwait.”

Nearly four months later, when a court in New York sentenced Aafia Siddiqui, an alQaeda
operative convicted for the attempted murder of U.S. personnel in Afghanistan,
Emwazi expressed sympathy for her, saying he had “heard the upsetting news regarding
our sister. . . . This should only keep us firmer towards fighting for freedom and justice!!!”
In the interview, Qureshi said he last heard from Emwazi in January 2012, when Emwazi
sent him an e­mail seeking advice.

“This is a young man who was ready to exhaust every single kind of avenue within themachinery of the state to bring a change for his personal situation,” Qureshi said. In the
end, he felt “actions were taken to criminalize him and he had no way to do something
against these actions.”

Close friends of Emwazi’s also said his situation in London had made him desperate to
leave the country. It’s unclear exactly when he reached Syria or how.
One friend said he believed Emwazi wanted to travel to Saudi Arabia to teach English in
2012 but was unsuccessful. Soon afterward, the friend said, he was gone.
“He was upset and wanted to start a life elsewhere,” one of the friends said. “He at some
stage reached the point where he was really just trying to find another way to get out.”
Once in Syria, Emwazi contacted his family and at least one of his friends. It’s unclear
what he told them about his activities there.

A former hostage who was debriefed by officials upon release said that Jihadi John was
part of a team guarding Western captives at a prison in Idlib, Syria, in 2013. The hostages
nicknamed the facility “the box.” Emwazi was joined by two other men with British
accents, including one who was dubbed “George.” A former hostage said Emwazi
participated in the waterboarding of four Western hostages.

Former hostages described George as the leader of the trio. Jihadi John, they said, was
quiet and intelligent. “He was the most deliberate,” a former hostage said.
Beginning in early 2014, the hostages were moved to a prison in the Syrian city of Raqqa,
the Islamic State’s de facto capital, where they were visited often by the trio. They appeared to have taken on more powerful roles within the Islamic State.
About the same time, Qureshi said, he sent an e­mail to Emwazi.
“I was wondering if you could send me your number,” he wrote. “Inshallah it
will be good to catch up.”
There was no respons

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 01:22 PM

10. "Then most black people should be doing this type of thing right?"
In response to Reply # 8

or even Latinos, but it's usually white dudes that go terrorist and they don't face that kind of suspicion. McVeigh(sp?), Kazinsky, the Boston Bombers, the kkk, etc.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43351 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 01:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "yes and no"
In response to Reply # 10

>or even Latinos, but it's usually white dudes that go
>terrorist and they don't face that kind of suspicion.
>McVeigh(sp?), Kazinsky, the Boston Bombers, the kkk, etc.

Ill have a longer reply when i get back from the doc

But, Remember this isnt MOST Muslims joining IS either. That type of treatment of people does lead to cases of this too. We see it all the time even on this site. A call stop fucking with traditional forms of govt. To fuck the system and turn it upside down. Im looking at several posts from my facebook feed in the past 48 hours talking bout the Devil and Babylon here--and wanting to get the fuck outta dodge.

Difference is we dont have a state or a place to go to. If there were a real place like that you don't think some: Black, Latinos, Asians,Native Americans, etc--even middle class raised ones wouldnt go= wouldnt go? Shiiiiit.

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Sarah_Bellum
Charter member
7489 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 04:36 PM

14. "The U.S. detains niggas every day, sometimes twice a day on Fridays "
In response to Reply # 11
Fri Feb-27-15 04:40 PM by Sarah_Bellum

Keeps them from from jobs, family and the whole nine. If getting stopped at airports and spending a night in jail unjustly caused people to go around lopping off heads then there would be legions of black head hunters in every city.
There are dudes out in Iraq and Syria that have been living the horrors of war for several decades. After living under cruel dictators or under U.S. occupation or having 3 generations of family blown up by a drone at a wedding party, they welcome war and death. Add crushing poverty, and a dash of religious extremism, a failed state and tada.... you get head cutters. I get that.
But this dude did not experience any of that!

There is something individually wrong with this specific guy, if really he is even real. This individual picked a path that several million Muslims who are living under far worse conditions would never even fathom.

DJTB YOMM

rawsouthpaw
Charter member
15496 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 10:41 PM

16. "Cuba already has a number of militants from the US"
In response to Reply # 11

and this is the recognized list -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_citizens_granted_political_asylum_in_Cuba

GameTheory
Member since Jun 06th 2012
1642 posts
Thu Feb-26-15 11:13 PM

4. "The CIA just trolled the hell outta dude. "
In response to Reply # 0

Womp womp

Dude is about to be put in the dirt ASAP

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 12:49 PM

5. "photo of Jihadi John..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://news.sky.com/story/1435642/first-photo-of-jihadi-john-as-adult-revealed

this dude rocking a fitted Pirate hat looking like your average 90's rapper.

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22285 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 12:51 PM

6. "Terrible press for the Pittsburgh Pirates... n/m"
In response to Reply # 5

legsdiamond
79493 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 01:06 PM

7. "fuck him... this is our year!!! "
In response to Reply # 6

Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22285 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 02:01 PM

12. "LMAO!"
In response to Reply # 7

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 01:16 PM

9. "I'm mad that they have a silly ass name for this guy"
In response to Reply # 0

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 09:13 PM

15. "probably by intention"
In response to Reply # 9

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

guru0509
Charter member
45329 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 02:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "Have any of you ever watched the Jihadist propoganda videos?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-27-15 02:47 PM by guru0509

Its all over the internet (in various languages but mostly from the UK, France & Germany) and its fascinating.

i remember thrill being a big fan of them as well.

careful tho, watchin them will prob get u on a list

edit, link, i have more bookmarked at home.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Y0P1AEkBcENGPkXj4qqRw

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

Lobby General Discussion topic #12737147 Previous topic | Next topic