Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12733428

Subject: "Jeb Bush has the audacity to appoint Wolfowitz as Foreign Policy adviser" Previous topic | Next topic
Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sun Feb-22-15 07:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Jeb Bush has the audacity to appoint Wolfowitz as Foreign Policy adviser"
Sun Feb-22-15 07:10 PM by Vex_id

Wolfowitz should be standing trial along with the other architects of The Project for a New American Century for the egregious lies which falsely led us into the war in Iraq and engaged in this Neo-Colonoliasm project that has made matters infinitely worse in the region - and incidentally - has made America weaker and less safe. What's worse is that 19 of the 21 people on his foreign policy team worked in the administrations of his father or brother.

That Wolfowitz could be navigating foreign policy under a Jeb Bush administration is an arrogant slap in the face - indicative of an obsessive agenda amongst those who will do anything (along with Netanyahu) to ensure that war in the middle-east intensifies and continues to be waged.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-02-22/wolfowitz-jeb-bush-foreign-policy-adviser-plays-up-reagan-influence

Paul Wolfowitz, who is advising former Florida Governor Jeb Bush as a foreign-policy expert, is seeking to deflect criticism that Bush is overly influenced by figures from his father and brother's administrations by pointing out many Bush advisers' ties to former President Ronald Reagan.

In an interview airing Sunday on CNN's State of the Union, host Gloria Borger asked Wolfowitz how Bush could “be seen as his own man when the people who are advising him promoted a foreign policy that in retrospect has largely been regarded as flawed and unpopular.”

“You're painting an awfully broad brush there,” said Wolfowitz, who served as deputy defense secretary under George W. Bush and also worked under the senior Bush and Reagan. “A lot of people in that group, and actually including myself, who participated in the Reagan administration, which I think was a very successful foreign policy: Secretary Shultz, Secretary Baker—there's a pretty wide range of views there but in any case he is his own man.”

“You're painting an awfully broad brush there.”

“I think he demonstrated that quite clearly in the question-and-answer session after his speech where he obviously was very comfortable answering a whole range of questions,” Wolfowitz added. “I think he demonstrated that he knows this subject. He doesn't need a lot of coaching.”

A Washington Post graphic published last week illustrated the overlap in the Bushes' foreign-policy circles. A Jeb Bush aide provided the list as the ex-governor takes steps toward a White House bid and seeks to cut his own profile on world affairs without rejecting his family history outright. “I love my father and my brother...but I am my own man,” he said in the Chicago speech.

Five of his foreign-policy advisers worked with Reagan, six worked with his father, and 17 worked with his brother, according to the Post. The lone fresh face: Former Florida Representative Lincoln Diaz-Balart.

-->

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
George W. Bush Part Deux.. Neoncon are like zombies
Feb 22nd 2015
RE: George W. Bush Part Deux.. Neoncon are like zombies
Feb 22nd 2015
They stick with the same plays and same team members. Not surprised.
Feb 22nd 2015
He's not trying to win the election
Feb 23rd 2015
The Audacity of Nope.
Feb 23rd 2015
Wait, are people expecting truth, honor, and virtue from the Bush family...
Feb 23rd 2015
Well what's crazy is that this is the truth.
Feb 23rd 2015

neuro_OSX
Member since Oct 29th 2004
1157 posts
Sun Feb-22-15 09:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "George W. Bush Part Deux.. Neoncon are like zombies"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Feb-22-15 09:31 PM by neuro_OSX

Reagan's foreign policy ?? HAHHA yea.. he handled Iran/Contra great, biggest drug dealing President in the history of the U.S.

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sun Feb-22-15 10:23 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: George W. Bush Part Deux.. Neoncon are like zombies"
In response to Reply # 1

>Reagan's foreign policy ?? HAHHA yea.. he handled
>Iran/Contra great, biggest drug dealing President in the
>history of the U.S.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Castro
Charter member
50725 posts
Sun Feb-22-15 10:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "They stick with the same plays and same team members. Not surprised."
In response to Reply # 0

------------------
One Hundred.

OrangeandBlue
Member since Nov 02nd 2006
10198 posts
Mon Feb-23-15 08:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "He's not trying to win the election "
In response to Reply # 0

I think he's trying to be a more credible Sarah Palin party leader/king maker type.

Paid speeches and shit like that

Mongo
Member since Oct 26th 2005
45670 posts
Mon Feb-23-15 10:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "The Audacity of Nope. "
In response to Reply # 0

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Mon Feb-23-15 10:32 AM

6. "Wait, are people expecting truth, honor, and virtue from the Bush family..."
In response to Reply # 0

What year is this?

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49336 posts
Mon Feb-23-15 11:08 AM

7. "Well what's crazy is that this is the truth. "
In response to Reply # 6

You'd think if they were saavy liars they would be hiding people like this from view.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're r

Lobby General Discussion topic #12733428 Previous topic | Next topic