Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12731604

Subject: "why was the fault/responsibility post locked?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 02:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"why was the fault/responsibility post locked?"

i have no idea who locked it, im not abt to inbox the mods like a ho, yall can answer a simple ass question like an adult same as anyone else.

anybody?

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
No clue but here's my response to the issue he raised.....
Feb 19th 2015
Yes, this post is in response to the post abt Geraldo's comments abt Hip...
Feb 19th 2015

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28842 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 02:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "No clue but here's my response to the issue he raised....."
In response to Reply # 0

It's not racism by itself but a systemic long established structure of issues that don't hold us back as much as they stop us reaching the places we should go.

Let's take NYC as a prime example: The real issue with that policy is not that it perpetuates a perception of black criminality that is patently false. For instance, imagine that you're applying for a finance position at a firm. You get stopped and frisked in front of the office. They're not hiring you after that and you know it. There's a stat that says the NYPD pulled over every black male in NYC.

Y'all have to stop this myth that we're all sitting on our asses complaining about the man holding us back. It's very insulting to all of us that bust our ass to make something of ourselves in this world. Miss me with this we are our worst enemy spiel. We're just like everyone else except with more baggage than other people due to years of mistreatment. That mistreatment wears on us over generations and manifests itself in the situation we have today. Finally, there's nothing we can do to get THEM to stop this BS.

Let's go over what they tell us to do while I'm on one:

Get a job
Earn education
Pull your pants up
Stop listening to hip-hop
Join the armed forces
Speak the king's english

^^^ WE DO ALL THIS and racism is still there. SPOILER ALERT: THEY STILL HATE YOUR BLACK ASS. The issue isn't with us because our diaspora is deep filled full of icons in their respective fields. I feel sad for the generation coming up now and behind them.

I'll paraphrase Chris Rock's take on this issue as it relates to privilege: It's not that we're held back from stuff as much as we don't have the same cultural nuance that other people have when they go into these interviews. There's are incredibly messed up perceptions about that people grew up on that refuse to change.

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 02:11 PM

2. "Yes, this post is in response to the post abt Geraldo's comments abt Hip..."
In response to Reply # 0

.. © the author of said post.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

Lobby General Discussion topic #12731604 Previous topic | Next topic