Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12731533

Subject: "We Have To Start Accepting Some/Most Of The Responsiibilty..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"We Have To Start Accepting Some/Most Of The Responsiibilty..."

For changing our social condition...

We can't continue to say what's holding us back is white supremacy alone

anyone who is objective knows that Negroes are oftentimes are own worst enemy and no matter the pathologies that have been a result of racism It is still up you/us to remedy the problem....

Yes, this post is in response to the post abt Geraldo's comments abt HipHop

Racism has at times throughput out history been 10x more fierce than what we have to deal with now and they made more strides in terms of accumulating property and creating business in the face is such hatred

I refuse to believe the main obstacle holding us back NOW is racism...because racism may forever be with us or at least in our lifetime, so does that mean we can't move forward because of it?

Racism is certainly the main obstacle standing in our way...but we are a big part of why we aren't advancing the next generation(s) forward...

grassrootsphilosopher

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
We have to separate fault from responsibility—
Feb 19th 2015
Wait. So not believing music is to blame for social policy
Feb 19th 2015
We Have To Stop telling each other what to do and how to be.
Feb 19th 2015
fuck the dumb... there's only two things we need to do
Feb 19th 2015
sir, no other culture does just that. none.
Feb 19th 2015
Some folks hate the hint of "bootstraps" here - so......basically they'r...
Feb 19th 2015
by strongly advocating that the mainstream culture is at fault...
Feb 19th 2015
Fluid and Imcvspl are on the right track mostly....
Feb 19th 2015
I perhaps even see things a tad more positively...the current youth
Feb 19th 2015
hey man....do i feel that rumble?
Feb 19th 2015
what rumble?
Feb 19th 2015
      THAT rumble.
Feb 19th 2015
           oh, a train is-A-comin'
Feb 19th 2015
                coon train about to be at the station in a bit
Feb 19th 2015

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "We have to separate fault from responsibility—"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Feb-19-15 01:30 PM by Buddy_Gilapagos

whose fault it is that black men are in this situation, whose fault it is doesn't matter. It's our responsibility to make it go right. It's our responsibility. It's a lot of people's fault, systemic racism, and it's a lot of people's fault that the black community is in the situation that we're in, but it's our responsibility to clean up the mess.

-A Wise Man.

OK, Will Smith said it but I think it rings true.

I am so cynical I have pretty much written off the idea that the greater society will be of any help in fixing the situation, so it will fall on us to do by ourselves.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're r

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:32 PM

2. "Wait. So not believing music is to blame for social policy "
In response to Reply # 0

issues = black folks have no agency, or autonomy?

Oh, OK.

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:34 PM

3. "We Have To Stop telling each other what to do and how to be."
In response to Reply # 0

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts

4. "fuck the dumb... there's only two things we need to do"
In response to Reply # 0

1) Worry about you and yours. Take care of you and yours first. There literally isn't time to do anything else but take care of you and yours. If you think there is you're in fucking denial.

2) Continue to pressure politicians to change the policies which work against us.

That's it. All this other shit. FUCK THAT SHIT!

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:47 PM

8. "sir, no other culture does just that. none."
In response to Reply # 4

by saying 'fuck everyone else, im going to only concern myself with ME and MY lil family' you are flying in the face of millenia worth of proven cultural, economic and societal evidence.

NO chinese say 'you know what...fuck all the other chinese people. im gonna just worry abt MY lil family.'

no gays say that.

damn sure no jews.

but in your opinion, Black people...the brokest people outside of native americans on the planet in every way one can list, financially, spiritually, morally, etc

WE should just be concerned for our own lil individual selves.

thats exactly what we BEEN doing since the 80s. look the fuck around.

we need each other, dude. we need ALL of us

does it really matter?

wonder what bin's doing?
http://i.imgur.com/phECCMp.jpg

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13955 posts

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Some folks hate the hint of "bootstraps" here - so......basically they'r..."
In response to Reply # 0

emphasizing that only Reparations can get us somewhere - at least slowing down the incarceration rate.

So before you try to emphasize the "what we have to do for ourselves" aspect, the reparations issue (and how to actually get reparations) probably has to be talked about.

Or......

all this post will be is "bootstraps, BOOTSTRAPS!!!!!!!"

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:39 PM

6. "by strongly advocating that the mainstream culture is at fault..."
In response to Reply # 0

We *are* taking responsibility.

No one else will do that for us. No other ethnicity cares as long as we keep spending our money. Reparations and the pursuit of it will bring us together but it has to be built on a sound moral and philosophical foundation.

As such, we can and should point out every chance we get how this society is stacked against us. It repels those who are our enemies (many) and pulls in those who agree (few)

We have never strongly advocated as a people for not just "fairness" but our fucking share. Voting rights is the bare fucking minimum and people want to act like we should be ecstatic we can vote. Fuck that. I want my people to be strong and free. We want reparations. That is taking responsibility for our social condition.

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Fluid and Imcvspl are on the right track mostly...."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Feb-19-15 01:44 PM by WarriorPoet415

Take care of you and yours first. Make sure your own home is in order.

To that I'd add, that part of taking care of you and yours is handing down generational wealth, property, business & income. You can't take it with you people.

But we have to work in our own best interests as a people as a whole. But it all starts at home.

Sadly, too many of us think taking care of home is just simply paying the bills and buying brand name shit.

But what has us behind in some ways today is the 450yr head start mainstream society has on us. And that time was used to acquire wealth, land, property and education which is in turn used to keep the current social structure.

ALL BLACK PEOPLE should be striving to acquire the same, and passing it down to their kids, and that doesn't require a collective mindset. Conservative blacks, hippie blacks, bougie blacks, liberal blacks, super militant blacks, bible thumping blacks, atheist blacks, diaspora blacks whatever. Getting that generational wealth/knowledge/power train rolling works for all those different philosophies.

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"

FLUIDJ
Member since Sep 18th 2002
44614 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:49 PM

9. "I perhaps even see things a tad more positively...the current youth "
In response to Reply # 7

are actually speaking with their own voice....
they aren't simply regurgitating the mantra's of their elders....
they have their own opinions on things like justice, social norms, life goals that transcend simply "Doing what my parents did" or "Following in my parent's footsteps"...

There's a lot of merit in that.....

As a child of the 80's(born in the 70's) the common wisdom and teachings to Black youth was still based on goals that had been set in the 1st half of the century....but they really didn't reach BEYOND that....

We're at that Beyond point now....and all of us "old heads" are just standing around with our dicks in our hands trying to rally the world on issues that they really couldn't care less about....and tell each other what to do instead of just waking the fck up and doing it ourselves.

Waiting on a leader and shit.....fck that.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:50 PM

10. "hey man....do i feel that rumble?"
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

double negative
22151 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:50 PM

11. "what rumble?"
In response to Reply # 10

double negative
22151 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:51 PM

12. "THAT rumble."
In response to Reply # 11

double negative
22151 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:51 PM

13. "oh, a train is-A-comin'"
In response to Reply # 12

double negative
22151 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 01:52 PM

14. "coon train about to be at the station in a bit"
In response to Reply # 13
Thu Feb-19-15 01:53 PM by double negative

this type of post is impossible to have.

someone will bring up how it is unfair to talk about this stuff without placing everything in a historical context (uh, duh)

and then

someone will say something like "no matter what you do......it wont matter..."

Lobby General Discussion topic #12731533 Previous topic | Next topic