Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12730034

Subject: "how do you get energy/pep/UP when you feel tired?" Previous topic | Next topic
double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 11:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"how do you get energy/pep/UP when you feel tired?"

Im having one of those moments where after waking up and showering and wrapping up a call--in-meeting I am now yawning and drowsy like a motherfucker.

Getting a red or black eye is definitely going to happen but I'm curious what you folks do when you feel like rolling back into bed.

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
melon fruit!!
Feb 18th 2015
It's your diet.
Feb 18th 2015
Truly You Are the Son of God
Feb 18th 2015
lol
Feb 18th 2015
It's just a simple body hack + lifestyle
Feb 18th 2015
      do you drink kombucha?
Feb 18th 2015
      No, but I dose with apple cider vinegar
Feb 18th 2015
      aint nothin wrong with sugar.
Feb 18th 2015
      um... naw.
Feb 18th 2015
           RE: um... naw.
Feb 18th 2015
                the article kinda agrees with me.
Feb 18th 2015
                     You said "naw"
Feb 18th 2015
RE: It's your diet.
Feb 18th 2015
I sleep in on Saturday and Sunday morning.
Feb 18th 2015
I will agree with this 100%
Feb 18th 2015
      Don't get me wrong, I still get tired.
Feb 18th 2015
i wanna try adderall but i'm scared.
Feb 18th 2015
that shit'll have your heart beating dumb fast/hard
Feb 18th 2015
blow
Feb 18th 2015
Venti iced coffee BLACK
Feb 18th 2015
meth.
Feb 18th 2015
u so trashy
Feb 18th 2015
A line or two of some good toot usually does it for me
Feb 18th 2015
      That's real....nevamind
Feb 18th 2015
      You know what's funny?
Feb 18th 2015
coffee. or yerba mate. or tea (sometimes) or nap.
Feb 18th 2015
oh, also cigarrettes.
Feb 18th 2015
activity every morning
Feb 18th 2015
Rockstar, black and gold can
Feb 18th 2015
take cold showers in the morning.
Feb 18th 2015
Weed & coffee
Feb 18th 2015
^^ Yes lawd
Feb 18th 2015
Yerba mate
Feb 18th 2015
think about your passions
Feb 18th 2015
Amazing Grass Lemon-lime Energy Powder & UPtime Energy Tablets
Feb 18th 2015
now that the sun has set....
Feb 18th 2015
Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol.
Feb 19th 2015
Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol.
Feb 19th 2015
Stoner speed ball
Feb 19th 2015

bonitaapplebaum71481
Member since Aug 04th 2003
22576 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 12:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "melon fruit!!"
In response to Reply # 0

n/m

initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 12:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "It's your diet."
In response to Reply # 0

You need to start eating a lot of vegetables, cut down on carbs, and up your water intake.

Supplement with a multi vitamin as well to get everything you can't get through food.

I sleep 4 to 5 hours a night and work 80 hour weeks. I don't drink coffee or black tea and I manage very well.

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

Mgmt
Member since Feb 17th 2005
21496 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 01:26 PM

6. "Truly You Are the Son of God"
In response to Reply # 2

>You need to start eating a lot of vegetables, cut down on
>carbs, and up your water intake.
>
>Supplement with a multi vitamin as well to get everything you
>can't get through food.
>
>I sleep 4 to 5 hours a night and work 80 hour weeks. I don't
>drink coffee or black tea and I manage very well.
>
>
>
>

2.tears.in.a.bucket
Member since Sep 04th 2009
6185 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 01:38 PM

7. "lol"
In response to Reply # 6

♚♚♚♚

#BYLUG >>> https://goo.gl/1ooFp6

♚♚♚♚

screamin' mothafuck a 12 /
bitches ain't shit /
cops ain't neither /
they huntin' my people /

- i. rashad

♚♚♚♚

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 05:24 PM

24. "It's just a simple body hack + lifestyle"
In response to Reply # 6

If you eat like shit, expect to feel tired as your body is constantly working to process the garbage out.

When you replace heavy amounts of fried food, meat, and sugar with real raw nutrition your body burns and absorbs it at a fraction of the time and is at rest for longer periods of time.

If you eat a massive greasy breakfast, you will need energy just to burn it off. Throw a big lunch and dinner on top of it, and you see that the body is never truly at rest but constantly digesting. That is taxing on energy levels, and is why most people feel like they need to nap after eating.

Eating a raw clean diet, with minimal meat is like putting in high octane gas that is used efficiently. Cutting out sugar and caffeine allows the body to regulate it self and your realize you don't need coffee at all.

Health and Energy is all diet.

makaveli
Charter member
16303 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 05:33 PM

25. "do you drink kombucha?"
In response to Reply # 24

Serious question.

“So back we go to these questions — friendship, character… ethics.”

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 06:03 PM

27. "No, but I dose with apple cider vinegar"
In response to Reply # 25

and I eat sauerkraut as well, both are loaded with probiotics which help the stomach flora.

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 06:05 PM

28. "aint nothin wrong with sugar."

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 07:57 PM

32. "um... naw."

>That is taxing on energy levels, and is
>why most people feel like they need to nap after eating.

The reason is more likely due to eating a ton of food high in the amino acid L-tryptophan like poultry, seafood, and dairy products. L-Tryptophan increases serotonin levels which relaxes you and helps you to sleep better.

(L-Tryptophan is also what was prescribed for clinical depression long before the advent of Prozac).

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 08:23 PM

33. "RE: um... naw."
In response to Reply # 32

http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/nutrition/nutrition+tips/why+eating+makes+you+tired,9849

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 08:38 PM

34. "the article kinda agrees with me."
In response to Reply # 33

"Excessive secretion of insulin, which is the body's way of trying to balance blood sugar levels, causes tryptophan to move into the brain, where it is metabolised into serotonin and melatonin. These neurotransmitters have a calming effect and help regulate sleep. To help balance blood sugar and insulin levels, choose natural foods that are high in fibre and protein such as wholegrains, legumes and nuts."

When I was on a diet largely devoid of anything that would spike my insulin levels, I would STILL feel sleepy after eating because of -what- I was eating: Turkey, chicken, fish, and seafood.

R.I.P. Disco D

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 09:59 PM

35. "You said "naw""
In response to Reply # 34
Wed Feb-18-15 10:03 PM by initiationofplato

Which if I am not mistaken still means no. The article clearly states that eating high levels of sugar and refined carbohydrates creates issues with energy levels. Most of the greasy food that people eat is processed and full of sugar, and they are also over eating it. Everything I said is supported by the article which you said "no" to, so that tells me two things, either you are just trying to be argumentative because you have a chip on your shoulder, or, you don't know how to add to the conversation without creating a conflict. Either way, I did not disagree with what you wrote because it adds to the picture I was painting so I'm surprised why you think it's the only part of the picture, or why you felt inclined to say no to something that is painfully obvious and simple.

To add to what I was saying, I am not surprised you felt tired after eating so much meat. Meat is dense and the body needs to work to break it down.It's not as easy to digest as rice or an apple. Meat is going to sit with you for days. You don't think you would feel tired after years or digesting something constantly? The stomach needs a break as well. Everything in moderation applies to eating as well but its the safer bet to eat a lot of vegetables, fruit, and some meat as opposed to having a huge serving of meat and or refined carbs, with "some" vegetables. That's not healthy. Adding a salad to a burger is laughable.

Numba_33
Charter member
19327 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:12 PM

8. "RE: It's your diet."
In response to Reply # 2

>I sleep 4 to 5 hours a night and work 80 hour weeks. I don't
>drink coffee or black tea and I manage very well.

I have to imagine you catch up on that lack of sleep during the weekends. A good clean diet helps, but the body needs time to recuperate.

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 05:20 PM

23. "I sleep in on Saturday and Sunday morning."
In response to Reply # 8

Generally speaking, if you rely on caffeine, sugar, or any other stimulants to get you through the day, it means something is up with your nutrition.

When I started taking the multi vitamins I noticed a major difference in my energy levels.

I think we throw off our bodies ability to manage itself when we pack it full of stimulates so I made a decision to only give it what it needs and see what happens. I wake up feeling much better than before and I don't rely on anything which is nice. I also do not crash at 2 or 3pm like I used to.

I also found that if I'm really busy I will nap at 6pm for 90 minutes, which is a full sleep cycle, anything less or more and you will wake up feeling very tired. I then work till about 2:30, 3am and get up at 8 to do it again.

double negative
Member since Dec 14th 2007
22151 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 05:55 PM

26. "I will agree with this 100%"
In response to Reply # 2

now that I have two jobs I am eating a lot better

clean food, clean mind

my coworkers eat garbage and I've been keeping it light with salads during the day

https://soundcloud.com/swageyph/yph-die-with-me

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 06:10 PM

29. "Don't get me wrong, I still get tired."
In response to Reply # 26

I manage very well but I have my moments where I just need to sit down. Sometimes I push through when I know I should be sleeping as well.

However, be that as it may, my diet has allowed me to continue for a long time without much set back. I feel like I'm getting stronger and more adapt at it.

The biggest factors were cutting out bread/buns/pita, and cutting back on meat. In retrospect these 2 items fill me with the most stuff that takes a long time to burn off.

The best I felt ever was when I was on a strictly vegan diet. Small regular meals, quick and easy to digest, but I couldn't get enough protein so I throw in lean meat and eggs. You have to feel your body out, it will tell you what it likes.

2.tears.in.a.bucket
Member since Sep 04th 2009
6185 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 01:23 PM

3. "i wanna try adderall but i'm scared."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-18-15 01:24 PM by 2.tears.in.a.bucket

cant do life w/o coffee, and i'm always trying different energy shit from walgreen's / cvs / amazon.

an apple / shower in the morning helps jumpstart the metabolism, but i have ALWAYS felt sluggish after 4:30pm.

i need them UPPERS, fam.

♚♚♚♚

#BYLUG >>> https://goo.gl/1ooFp6

♚♚♚♚

screamin' mothafuck a 12 /
bitches ain't shit /
cops ain't neither /
they huntin' my people /

- i. rashad

♚♚♚♚

bonitaapplebaum71481
22576 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "that shit'll have your heart beating dumb fast/hard"
In response to Reply # 3

be careful out in them streets

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 01:25 PM

4. "blow"
In response to Reply # 0

GirlChild
Charter member
56000 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 01:26 PM

5. "Venti iced coffee BLACK "
In response to Reply # 0

The only way for me.

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "meth."
In response to Reply # 0

fuck you.

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:16 PM

12. "u so trashy"
In response to Reply # 9

illEskoBar221
Member since Oct 18th 2004
8453 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:20 PM

13. "A line or two of some good toot usually does it for me"
In response to Reply # 9

<----- Genesis is deep my features are that of a God

http://illeskobar.deviantart.com/
http://thisiskyleskorner.blogspot.com/

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 03:17 PM

19. "That's real....nevamind"
In response to Reply # 13

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

initiationofplato
2420 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 10:06 PM

36. "You know what's funny?"
In response to Reply # 13

It does it for everybody.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:15 PM

11. "coffee. or yerba mate. or tea (sometimes) or nap. "
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-18-15 02:16 PM by akon

i can also sleep right after taking coffee..

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 03:03 PM

17. "oh, also cigarrettes. "
In response to Reply # 11

i actually think cigarettes work best.

which is terrible.
and makes it hard to quit.

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

teefiveten
Member since Oct 02nd 2008
33019 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:21 PM

14. "activity every morning"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont work out for shit but i do pushups and planks every morning

i started slacking and i paid dearly for it
now im back on it

like.me
http://tinyurl.com/3z8486u

"if the children are not initiated into the village they will burn it down just to feel its warmth." - african proverb

PoppaGeorge
10384 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:40 PM

15. "Rockstar, black and gold can"
In response to Reply # 0

It's the only way.

R.I.P. Disco D

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 02:57 PM

16. "take cold showers in the morning."
In response to Reply # 0

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

8-bit
Member since Jan 12th 2010
10841 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 03:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
18. "Weed & coffee"
In response to Reply # 0

---
http://twitter.com/logicalhood
http://instagram.com/hoodlogic

BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 04:34 PM

20. "^^ Yes lawd"
In response to Reply # 18

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

kevb
Charter member
16580 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 04:37 PM

21. "Yerba mate"
In response to Reply # 0

Kev

Johnny
Charter member
4446 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 05:10 PM

22. "think about your passions"
In response to Reply # 0

usually thinking about your passions and goals will give you that extra boost of energy
recently i wrote a affirmation on my phone screen saver which reminds me of a goal I want

its say "Focus on What You Want". So anytime I think negatively or about something I Don't want I say that phrase to me.

Also a diet change may be beneficial. More raw veggies and fruit. Drinking water with lemon through the day is great also

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 06:38 PM

30. "Amazing Grass Lemon-lime Energy Powder & UPtime Energy Tablets"
In response to Reply # 0

I drink the Amazing Grass Energy Powder once or twice a day, it has green tea & yerba mate which are both being recommended in this post. It's not a super powerful pick me up, it's just enough to get back on track. The Uptime Energy pills have a stronger kick with no jitters, but it makes my stomach feel a little weird.

bonitaapplebaum71481
22576 posts
Wed Feb-18-15 07:01 PM

31. "now that the sun has set...."
In response to Reply # 0

molly works great on a late night

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3306 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 06:41 AM

"Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol."

C C C C C Cocaaaiiiiinnnneeee.

))<>((
forever.

TheAlbionist
Member since Jul 04th 2011
3306 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 06:41 AM

37. "Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol."
In response to Reply # 0

C C C C C Cocaaaiiiiinnnneeee.

))<>((
forever.

Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Thu Feb-19-15 06:59 AM

38. "Stoner speed ball"
In response to Reply # 0

Sativa and black coffee.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12730034 Previous topic | Next topic