Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12726705

Subject: "The Five (Friday the 13th edition) " Previous topic | Next topic
Fishgrease
Member since Feb 13th 2006
34460 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 10:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Five (Friday the 13th edition) "
Fri Feb-13-15 10:29 AM by Fishgrease

The Blacker the berry (c) Kendrick Lamar
-------------------------------------
**I wasn't a kendrick fan on the first album but this song is everything I want in hip hop right now**

Parenthood. It's phuckin' amazing how money just seems to appear when theirs something that needs to be paid concerning your child. Like I was just wondering where I was gonna get this $400 from without tappin' into Fishgrease Savings and Loan (aka my savings account) and bam!!!!, guess who got $475 in 2014 Flexibile spending account reimbursments today?

Wont he do it? *irons church outfit for this Sunday

Feel Right (c) Mark Ronson ft. Mystikal
-----------------------------------------
**This song is great...my only problem with it is Mystikal using the n-word around mixed company (i.e, Ronson). **

My son schedule always throws mine off. He leaves today for a whole week stay with his momma n'em. He's supposed to be gone until next Sunday evening. Yesterday he gets an invite to this "bday party of all bday parties" and makes it known that he has to be there in attendance next Saturday.

Guess who's coming home a day early? Yep you guessed it. His exact words were "if I don't go, I won't be cool". I mean who am I to deny him being "cool". All of that is funny because he's never even expressed a desire to be cool---he himself calls himself a "nerd" something of which we've both embraced and joke about quite frequently.

Toss it up (c) Pac
-----------------
** You ever notice how bi-polar sounding this song is? It starts off as a braggadocios and quite pretentious song of "i'm gonna phuck the breaks off you when I see you girl song and ends as a "phuck you Dre for leaving Death Row" warning shot. **

it's ValentiMes weekend, guess I'll suffer the consequences and take ol' girl to go see this 50 shades of bullsh*t movie. I've already seen the reviews and non are good.I'll just sit there and try not to squirm in anticipation for it's eventual end.

Taxi Cab Confessions (Sign of the times) (c) Cee-Lo
------------------------------------------------
** Cee-Lo always makes the most beautiful songs about nothing of importance...this song ranks along the lines of Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors" in terms of just how beautiful it is. Matter of fact the whole album is actually a nice listen even if the whole album is over tv show tunes . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmHqcXvUpak

i had a large skin tag removed from my stomach on Wednesday. Let me tell you I'd have left it there had I known I'd be in this much pain. I feel like I've had a miniature c-section (it was removed from exactly where my waistline is and required 6 stitches).

But on the flip side, they gave me vicodin to relieve the pain.

Get Yours (c) Sadat X & Black Rob
---------------------------------
My boss is trying to throw me off on his boss as some project coordinator.

said throw off comes with about $15k more in pay and a four day work week. We're just waiting to see if such a position can be created in 2015 and approved.

---------------------------------------
blog: www.wonderfullyhorrible.blogspot.com
instagram: Fishgrease
twitter: wooly_caesar
Podcast www.soundcloud.com/circlegang

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
was waiting for you man... sorry you're in pain though :-/
Feb 13th 2015
Yeah life w/o a phone is superb...I have gone "dead" a couple of days an...
Feb 13th 2015
wait until you get 30 and your libido gets live fo'real...
Feb 13th 2015
      yeah I saw your lawyer tweet the other day lol
Feb 13th 2015
      sheeeeit wait til you hit 40.
Feb 13th 2015
My 5...
Feb 13th 2015
i still don't wanna see the movie, Boogie.
Feb 13th 2015
five
Feb 13th 2015
we ain't had a merit increase at our job since 2009. they approved
Feb 13th 2015
5 alive
Feb 13th 2015
RE: 5 alive
Feb 13th 2015
Five Santigold Songs
Feb 13th 2015
i can't live far from Target...
Feb 13th 2015
Feb 13th 2015
watching your bank account dwindle is NEVER a happy occasion.
Feb 13th 2015
      man listen.
Feb 13th 2015
RE: The Five (Friday the 13th edition)
Feb 13th 2015
if it's small it wont hurt much to get removed...mine on the
Feb 13th 2015
Five Heartbeats
Feb 13th 2015
5 works I'm listening to
Feb 13th 2015
Feb 13th 2015
*hugs*
Feb 13th 2015
5 Song Friday
Feb 13th 2015
Feb 13th 2015

bonitaapplebaum71481
Member since Aug 04th 2003
22576 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 10:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "was waiting for you man... sorry you're in pain though :-/"
In response to Reply # 0

~ Freakum Dress

I showed one person my outfit for Donuts and now I'm looking at my clock like why is it not Sunday?!?!? I just wanna step out, show off and look mathematical.

~ The Palisades

Winter's got me a little over it but I'll be biking out soon and handling bizness. I have a short New York line cook I gotta chew out.

~ Prayer

So I've been looking at all my accomplishments, culinary or otherwise and I'm still kind of mad I'm not in the kitchen in a professional sense. Like I have all these recipes and no outlet cuz my appetite isn't ANYWHERE near where it used to be :-/

~ U Don't Have to Call

I left my phone dead to the world for a day and it's been so nice. I miss living life without being tethered and available at any random moment. *sigh* but I need it for Mom life

~ The Lowest 1 of my Desires

My libido will forever be an issue it appears... that other post has me cracking up cuz now it's like "where have all the good men gone?" Obviously it's not that dire but what's up brothas? Mad chicks out here walking around normal and unsatisfied...

*cues What's Up With That music*

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 11:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Yeah life w/o a phone is superb...I have gone "dead" a couple of days an..."
In response to Reply # 1

all those times were much needed.

I need to start scheduling days where I don't have my phone on me..but then like you said there's that parental obligation thing to always be tethered and available.

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 12:29 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "wait until you get 30 and your libido gets live fo'real..."
In response to Reply # 1

it will never be enough!!!

bonitaapplebaum71481
Member since Aug 04th 2003
22576 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 01:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "yeah I saw your lawyer tweet the other day lol"
In response to Reply # 4

but seriously, I worry about the fate of my future partners when that day comes.....

http://new4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Super+mutant+prostitute+_a1331a7ef307f04681b924380c9437cf.jpg

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

morpheme
Charter member
94867 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "sheeeeit wait til you hit 40."
In response to Reply # 4

Sha
Member since Mar 25th 2004
68452 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 12:18 PM

3. "My 5..."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-13-15 12:18 PM by Sha

5. It's always difficult dealing with others when you are a planner by nature. This is in my professional and personal life. I understand there are some things you can't control but, those that we can...I like to line them joints up. So I can know exactly what it is that I doing. I was recently called pushy because of it but, OH well! I hate when folks spring last moment stuff on ya.

4. I hate a bantu knot out on clean hair. It's so shrunken and looks like a tight ass jheri curl. I like my hair best a few days old but, meh the psoriasis doesn't not aid in this. I need to wash my hair at least every week. blahhhhhhhhhhhh

3. I'm really hoping this person still wants to give away their sofa.
I'll steam clean that bitch and refurbish it.

2. I'm good with either of my weekends. If I got to NYC, it'll be fun. If I stay home, I'll get a lot done. Not that things at home need my immediate attention but, ya know how that goes. If it's fun to be had somewhere else, why not have it?

1. Very glad I'm not dating anyone. That vday gift money can stay right in muh pocket

ps. the 50 shades movie wasnt terribly bad. it was actually less raunchier than I thought. I think folks just wanted the raunch from the book. hahaha They can wait for Zane's movie for that.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:23 PM

12. "i still don't wanna see the movie, Boogie. "
In response to Reply # 3

latenitemix
Charter member
51255 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 12:30 PM

5. "five"
In response to Reply # 0

1 - i always said i'd be here until wheels fall off. well, that seems to be happening now...in slow motion even. gotta figure out what to do.

2 - no merit increases this year. well offically merit increases are delayed but really no merit increases this year.

3 - i don't really mind being a cat lady but i've got to get some better cleaning tools. my sister is suffering and i think if i was able to reduce the dander she'd be ok. i'm so lazy tho

4 - that "i wanna love you" song from empire brings the biggest smile to my face. sure the lyrics are a little clunky but it's such a sweet song. love it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxEXax-Q_pc

4a - jussie so fine.

5 - i'm wavering on this birthday vacation. buyer's remorse before i even spend a dime. it's such a large amount to spend especially given #1 and #2 but it's also a once in a lifetime opportunity. like if i don't do it now i probably won't ever. i dunno.

______
gnap.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:24 PM

13. "we ain't had a merit increase at our job since 2009. they approved"
In response to Reply # 5

one for this year...go figure!

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 12:36 PM

6. "5 alive"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Feb-13-15 12:51 PM by Dr Claw

1 -
every time I see a Passat wagon on the streets (and it's been often up here) I think "POOReg" in my head

2 -
when the first hour of your workday reaches peak annoyance, it ruins the rest of your day.

3 -
I've said for years, the cold don't bother me. but I'd like to go back to walking outside with no snow in the ways of the sidewalks... ASAP

4 -
I never really cared too much about my phone's OS until I heard about Android Auto. Now I'm scheming on getting a head unit that can handle it and CarPlay this year. I'd love to use Google Maps without having the phone all out. Android 5.0 got my phone sending the right information over Bluetooth again while listening to podcasts again.

5 -
speaking of podcasts: I listened to an old Music Snobs episode where one of the topics was Mary J's My Life vs. Meshell's Bitter as the better "relationship" album. There was a brief part where they talked about just what a great project the former was, and somehow Devante didn't produce anything yet Mr. Dalvin did. and a song where the union of Mary-K-Ci-Devante did exist was on another group's project all together. that kind of diversion is why I love that show. Can't wait for the next ep

side note: is it me, or does Kendrick's music sometimes remind me of neo-Kast? I think the parallels (and the obvious influences) are clear. in any case I love that the '90s shit that we loved is making an impact on the youth nowadays.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:28 PM

14. "RE: 5 alive"
In response to Reply # 6

>1 -
>every time I see a Passat wagon on the streets (and it's been
>often up here) I think "POOReg" in my head

I think I'm about to get a VW rabbit, throw a GTI front end on that b*tch and ride out. My younger sister needs a car and her finances ain't up to snuff, so I'm gonna sell her my car at a loss for her and her 3 kids.

if her and her baby daddy can come up with the dough...
>

>
>side note: is it me, or does Kendrick's music sometimes remind
>me of neo-Kast? I think the parallels (and the obvious
>influences) are clear. in any case I love that the '90s shit
>that we loved is making an impact on the youth nowadays.

I see what you're saying...it's just that all those voices he uses, he can sound like Andre. That's why I didn't give his debut album a chance because he seemed to be everyone on that album but Kendrick.

Very-Effortless
Member since May 07th 2011
7452 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 01:25 PM

8. "Five Santigold Songs "
In response to Reply # 0

Disparate Youth

I love connecting people. Conferences just re-energize me. The way I see it, the more people in my network that I help get new and better jobs, the stronger my network becomes.

--
L.E.S. Artistes

I went on a second date with the neurologist last night. I like him a lot. It was the first time a man picked me up on time for a date in years. Which is sad. But it was a great date.

--
Creator

I'm praying hard on this opportunity that I hope reveals itself to me. Sometime I get so busy trying to help other people take the next step, I forget about the path I'm trying to climb.

--
You'll Find A Way

I'm signing a new lease Saturday... moving to Central Harlem. I'm excited. It's a NICE apartment. Closer to express trains. Closer to my gym... further from target

--
Look at These Hoes

It's All-Star weekend in NYC. I have some potential places I can go but I just don't want to because of all the hoes that will be out and about. I'm looking forward to Donuts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Green Mile is a movie where the magical black man wrongly dies and the white man who let it happen lives forever.

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:29 PM

15. "i can't live far from Target..."
In response to Reply # 8

i'd go crazy.

or maybe i'd save some money. I might just need to look into being a good drive from Target now that I think about it.

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 01:43 PM

9. "12345."
In response to Reply # 0

one.
thought it would be a good idea to talk to the FOMC about some shit. probably should have left well enough alone but now maybe we'll get the ball rolling on a divorce.

two.
i just posted that i might have a job but it looks more like i DO have a job i just have to go through a few hoops and i'm in there. i'm excited to be adding money back into my bank account. watching money leave and not come back has been stressing me the fk out lately.

three.
performing 3 songs next saturday at this show. my brother and i have been rehearsing and we're damn good. i'm excited to perform bc as much as i love our shit recorded i feel like our strength is on stage. our energy is so much better felt on that platform.

four.
i've been depressed a lot lately btw SAD and watching my money dwindle. its almost a lil weird how instantly some good news can snap you out of some shit like that.

five.
i want to buy something really good to eat to celebrate.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:30 PM

16. "watching your bank account dwindle is NEVER a happy occasion. "
In response to Reply # 9

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:51 PM

18. "man listen."
In response to Reply # 16

the other day netflix took money out and i checked my account and almost had a nervous breakdown.
and i'm still in the upper hundreds (lol) but that shit can be gone so fast.
i'm so lucky and grateful for my dad letting me stay here and allowing me to
take the time to work on my music but he be broke too (mad bills).
if my account goes to zero
then its a struggle for real out here.
so happy for this job right now.
so fucking happy.

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

SuiteLady
Member since Oct 19th 2004
16194 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:10 PM

10. "RE: The Five (Friday the 13th edition) "
In response to Reply # 0

I was really in my feelings earlier and looking for this post to type out some stuff, but now.... eh I just need this day to be over.

Here's my 5:

Work - sucks
Money - gone
Hope- none
Mr. Jenkins - asshole
Sleep - fleeting

I'm in such a shitty mood today. Everyone is stupid! I wish I was sleep.

Oh and I have a skin tag in my armpit that doesn't bother me until I shave (luckily an also unluckily). I shaved this morning

♥ Inescapably Me ♥

"Love is never any better than the lover" Toni Morrison (The Bluest Eye)

Fishgrease
34460 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 02:33 PM

17. "if it's small it wont hurt much to get removed...mine on the"
In response to Reply # 10

other hand, had a large base and actually started beneath the skin and as a result had to be cut out (as opposed to being just cut off), meaning they actually cut a hole into my skin and then had to stitch it up....this is why i'm in pain.

I'm walkin' around the office with my pants unbuttoned and I'm saggin' like a west coast rapper.

BigJazz
Charter member
24443 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 03:06 PM

19. "Five Heartbeats"
In response to Reply # 0

*Duck

i hate traveling with boring ass coworkers that i have to still associate with after business hours. we fly half way across the country and where to these clowns pick to have our working dinner? red fucking lobster. i don't eat there when i'm home cuz i live in MD and we got better seafood options. why the hell would i go somewhere else and ignore the local cuisine in favor of a chain that i can get anywhere? being away from home is your chance to try new things and do stuff you can't do at home.

*Eddie

for parents of pre-teens and teens, American Express got this prepaid card that's perfect for giving your kids money:

https://www.serve.com/

i've also recommended the card for people that can't get "regular" bank accounts. this is alot better than going to the check cashing place...

*JT

i go to a kid's football or basketball game and there's alot of support. you got parents, step-parents, other family members, family friends, all that...

that same support doesn't go to non-athletic activities. generally speaking.

*Choir Boy

i gained 20lbs in 2014. i attribute them all to alcohol. when i drink, that's calories from the scotch and beer. then when i'm drinking, i lose the desire to eat vegetables and all things healthy and i go for buffalo wings and fries. it's a problem...

*Dresser

i had to counsel a young lady who i know because is a homeless single parent living in a transitional housing program where i work part-time.

i overheard her on the phone talking really bad about a friend of her that she was calling all kinds of broke and low budget this and thats. the girl she was talking about made $8/hr at her job and my resident made $9 at hers.

it's my job to be talk to them about what i observe so they expect me to talk to them about what i see and hear. me talking to her about that convo wasn't a WHY YOU BEING NOSY kind of thing.

i told her that it wasn't cool to look down on a person that has less than you. i told her she wouldnt like it if somebody did that to her. besides, it's all relative. you're looking at her $8 like it's not much and the person making $10 is looking at your $9 like it ain't much.

i told her money was relative. we look at Jay Z like he got it but Oprah got it better. and Warren Buffet got it even better than Oprah. it's all relative.

i told this story to a coworker and she said "you shoulda told her that you made more than her so in your eyes, she's a broke-ass too".

i told the coworker that me making that point would have been doing to her what she was doing to the person she was talking about on the phone.

the coworker said "well, you shoulda said it anyway. you shoulda told her you make almost twice as much as she does".

i said "actually, i make more in 15 minutes than she does in an hour, but again...that's not the point.

for the rest of that short conversation, i could see the look on my workers face as she did the math in her head and tried to figure out what i made. my part time job is her full time job and she really doesn't know what i do at my regular job.

I'm tryna be better off, not better than...

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 04:26 PM

20. "5 works I'm listening to"
In response to Reply # 0

1. "Nine Below Zero" by Sonny Boy Williamson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBW9hYLsSHE

I cut my hair down to 1/4" and I love it. My head feels... sexy, somehow, lol.
I really need to get some statement glasses though. And winter hats.

2. "Iriarer" by Etran Finatawa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptA26xIf7Jg

Spring is taking too long. This weather is stupid and I rebuke it.

3. "Peppermint Pig" by Cocteau Twins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdd4rXBsqLk

I'm racking up on Valentime's even though I'm single. And all I bought was a heart-shaped toy
for my dog. I'm also giving my bff a card that says "I choo-choo-choose you!" like Lisa Simpson, lol.

4. "Tarhamanine Assinegh" by Tamikrest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qOEx35eoDY

I'm off of coffee right now. It's all about chai.

5. Flying Lotus' BBC 1 residency session from last night.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04xnjyj

We're picking out the lumber tomorrow and starting my first carpentry project --
building a loft bed. If it goes well, I'll tackle custom shelves next.

**BONUS**
It's a good thing I did cut all my hair off or I'd have ripped it all
out by now trying to help my mom sign up on healthcre.gov -_-

nayaa
Member since Oct 06th 2009
20190 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 05:01 PM

21. "RE: The Five (Friday the 13th edition) "
In response to Reply # 0

i think my grandmother's days are numbered. she's well into her 90s and has lived a full, incredible, outstanding life. we're celebrating her.

i get the keys to the new crib on wednesday. home ownership. trippy. i'm so excited to begin decorating.

hanging out with friends at home with wine, food & stretchy pants >>>>>>>> turning up at a function. this aging thing aint half bad. it's so comfortable lol.

first valentine's day in life that doesn't have me feeling some typa way. like whether it's missing a boo who's far away, being single, or just not having it pan out the way i thought it would...valentine's days have never been a thing for me. but this one isnt' even a blip on my radar. kind of weird. maybe cuz there are so many other things that are on my mind these days.

5. work's good. i'm grateful.

~
IG: @fireysky

Sepia.
Member since Feb 25th 2009
12896 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 08:24 PM

23. "*hugs*"
In response to Reply # 21

Celebrate every second you can. As much as I miss my grandfather, every time I
think about him, I remember making him smile and laugh in his last days.
Little moments like taking him a pizza at the nursing home have made it so much easier to swallow.

>1.
>i think my grandmother's days are numbered. she's well into
>her 90s and has lived a full, incredible, outstanding life.
>we're celebrating her.

KingMonte
4675 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 05:59 PM

22. "5 Song Friday"
In response to Reply # 0

This week's: http://lsrules.podomatic.com/entry/2015-02-12T21_33_24-08_00
Inspired by Bob Marley's birthday this week, it went from there.

I have a 400 year old chip on my shoulder.

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 09:50 PM

24. "RE: The Five (Friday the 13th edition) "
In response to Reply # 0

1. Migraines are a bitch and a half!

2. Didn't get in my daily CF torture due to numba 1. (I used to love Codename: Kids Next Door).

3. Made my Hula Chicken for the first time and it came out lovely! 😊

4. I did my good deed for today. Since my hubby has a business trip that he leaves for Sunday...he's going to Sam Jose for a Hadoop Conference, we didn't travel to
Michigan to see Lalah, Rahsaan, Eric and FE. So I gave our tickets to my cousin for next to nothing. She was soooooo excited.

5. I'm not liking that my child is telling me no. I'm all in my feelings about that shit.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

Lobby General Discussion topic #12726705 Previous topic | Next topic