Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12725607

Subject: "should Steve Perry been Bigger as a artist?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Thu Feb-12-15 01:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: should Steve Perry been Bigger as a artist?"

i use to listen to alot of journey back in the day and still dig Perry's voice and i often wonder how come post Journey why he didn't get bigger as a artist? he was a very good singer and one of those white cats who had the Sam Cooke vibe without trying to hard and yet was cool in his lane.

what you think?

Journey ain't the same without him to me

Poll result (3 votes)
Yes (0 votes)Vote
no (0 votes)Vote
hard to say (2 votes)Vote
he was a cool white boy (1 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
He just started singing again last year after twenty years:
Feb 12th 2015
funny, I was just listening to Foolish Heart on the ride home from work!
Feb 12th 2015
He didn't have the looks for the MTV era and he wasn't "cool"
Feb 12th 2015
^^^^
Feb 12th 2015
He had a great voice, but there's many other factors that go into whethe...
Feb 12th 2015

Castro
Charter member
50738 posts
Thu Feb-12-15 01:55 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "He just started singing again last year after twenty years:"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/ex-journey-singer-steve-perry-sings-publicly-for-first-time-in-decades-20140527

------------------
One Hundred.

homer_pimpson225
Member since Apr 28th 2005
8322 posts
Thu Feb-12-15 05:14 AM

2. "funny, I was just listening to Foolish Heart on the ride home from work!"
In response to Reply # 0

... and was wondering what the hell happened to Steve Perry.

---------------

"And I don't like niggas screamin 'live life' when you livin life like a pussy/Green dot goals get sent to my niggas, Lord pray I keep a'pushin!'" © Black Phil Collins

John Forte
Member since Feb 22nd 2013
15361 posts
Thu Feb-12-15 09:22 AM

3. "He didn't have the looks for the MTV era and he wasn't "cool""
In response to Reply # 0

PROMO
Charter member
30919 posts
Thu Feb-12-15 12:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "^^^^"
In response to Reply # 3

great singer though.

soulfunk
Charter member
10994 posts
Thu Feb-12-15 10:20 AM

4. "He had a great voice, but there's many other factors that go into whethe..."
In response to Reply # 0

someone can make it big when going solo. Most of the time if there's a group/band and one person stands out as the real talent, it's not just that talent that got the group/band to where they were. There had to have been some kind of machine behind them - whether it was the band itself, strong label support, producers or songwriters, marketing, whatever.

So when that one talented person goes solo if they don't take that machine with them (or have their own new machine ready to go) then they aren't gonna still be big.

There's plenty of examples of artists who made it big going solo and artists who fell flat, and in just about every case it was because of the machine behind them (or the lack of it.)

Lobby General Discussion topic #12725607 Previous topic | Next topic