Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12722689

Subject: "Have Ya'll Already Discussed 'Lying Brian Williams'?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
vee-lover
Member since Jul 30th 2007
20388 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 05:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Have Ya'll Already Discussed 'Lying Brian Williams'?"
Mon Feb-09-15 05:57 PM by vee-lover

What would make a respected journalist such as Williams repeatedly tell a story that could easily be verified by ppl who were there w/him?

And now they're saying he's lied abt other news stories in the past such as saying he saw "dead bodies from his hotel room floating down the street in the French Quarter" during Katrina. The only problem was that it was well known that the French Quarter didn't get flooded at all.

This guy may have forever ruined his credibility. Smh

Brian Williams In 2007: 'I Looked Down The Tube Of An RPG That Had Been Fired At Us' http://huff.to/1xKrsze via @HuffPostMedia

Brian Williams On Iraq, In 2007: 'I Looked Down The Tube Of An RPG That Had Been Fired At Us'
The Huffington Post | By Braden Goyette
Email
Posted: 02/07/2015 5:14 pm EST Updated: 02/07/2015 5:59 pm EST

Tweet
Comment

Last week, it came out that "NBC Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams' story about a 2003 RPG attack in Iraq has changed dramatically over the years.

Williams -- who announced Saturday he was taking a temporary leave from "Nightly News" -- apologized earlier this week for claiming that he had been riding in a Chinook helicopter that took enemy fire and was forced to land. He said that he was actually riding in the helicopter behind the one that was hit, and had confused the events of 12 years ago.

Soldiers on that mission, however, told Stars and Stripes that Williams was nowhere near the helicopter that was shot down, and was traveling in a different formation altogether.

Now a video from 2007 has surfaced in which Williams claims that the RPG fired at his helicopter, in addition to downing the one in front of him, and that he was close enough to stare down the barrel of the weapon.

"I've been very, very lucky the way my life has turned out," Williams said in an interview with Fairfield University Student Television, after making an appearance on campus:

I've been very lucky to have survived a few things that I've been involved in. At the reception a few minutes ago, I was remembering something I tend to forget: the war with Hezbollah in Israel a few years back where there were Katyusha rockets passing just underneath the helicopter I was riding in. A few years before that, you go back to Iraq, and I looked down the tube of an RPG that had been fired at us and had hit the chopper in front of ours. And I'm so fortunate to be sitting here.
NBC News is conducting an internal investigation into Williams' statements about the helicopter attack. His reporting during Hurricane Katrina has also come under scrutiny.

grassrootsphilosopher

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yeah there was a post, but not much discussion IIRC
Feb 09th 2015
RE: Yeah there was a post, but not much discussion IIRC
Feb 09th 2015
      He's more liked than well respected
Feb 09th 2015
He's toast, I bet.
Feb 09th 2015
I kinda think so too but perhaps he can just disappear for awhile
Feb 09th 2015
Always feel bad for guys to go down in their twilight years
Feb 09th 2015
He's like late 50s. Diane sawyer was 70.
Feb 09th 2015
      oh lol well I hate to see a long respected career get taken down
Feb 09th 2015
Oh well he can live off his daughter.
Feb 09th 2015
Or, the piles and piles of cash that he has.
Feb 09th 2015
guess he's going to move to FOX News now
Feb 09th 2015
^
Feb 09th 2015
thats the first thing that came to mind
Feb 09th 2015
Its about the Destruction of Iraq, Not Fake Helicopter Stories
Feb 09th 2015
lester holt standing gorilla position ready for his shot.
Feb 09th 2015

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 06:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yeah there was a post, but not much discussion IIRC"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Feb-09-15 07:08 PM by Atillah Moor

Since when have there been creditable journalists in America though? Even stranger is the fact that there is supposedly no staff that vet these stories or accounts?

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

vee-lover
20388 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 06:56 PM

2. "RE: Yeah there was a post, but not much discussion IIRC"
In response to Reply # 1

>Since when have there been credit journalists in America
>though?

Well he was suppose to be one of the last remaining credible journalists on tv

Even stranger is the fact that there is supposedly no
>staff that vet these stories or accounts?

Perhaps these stories were vetted but Williams just continued to tell his "version" over the years thinking he wouldn't be called out on it

grassrootsphilosopher

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:19 PM

5. "He's more liked than well respected "
In response to Reply # 2

Larry king went in on him a bit for his overly dramatic style without saying his name in a late night interview. He never went to college or maybe didn't finish it. So there's a lotta people who shoulda woulda coulda had that job but he's nice looking and well liked.

There's some more dirt out there on him too, I'm not going to say...

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 06:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "He's toast, I bet."
In response to Reply # 0

Too bad bc he's likable.

He may disappear quietly. Maybe he can come back on a smaller outlet like Dan Rather has.

fuck you.

vee-lover
20388 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:56 PM

12. "I kinda think so too but perhaps he can just disappear for awhile"
In response to Reply # 3

and let this blow over...or maybe some news story will make ppl forget abt this

>Too bad bc he's likable.
>
>He may disappear quietly. Maybe he can come back on a smaller
>outlet like Dan Rather has.

grassrootsphilosopher

blkprinceMD05
Member since Nov 29th 2004
41323 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:17 PM

4. "Always feel bad for guys to go down in their twilight years"
In response to Reply # 0

It's just odd that he did that. But hopefully he won't be too crushed by it and just retire and find some happiness

Feel bad for his family because they are probably aching for his embarrassment

I feel bad for Allison because she has a career in her own right now and that brings negative attention to her

prototype

stand ur ground, believe in urself,
believe in love, prepare urself for love, remove the negativity from ur life, and accept the love u kno u deserve

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:21 PM

6. "He's like late 50s. Diane sawyer was 70."
In response to Reply # 4

...he's hardly twilighty.

blkprinceMD05
Member since Nov 29th 2004
41323 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:38 PM

9. "oh lol well I hate to see a long respected career get taken down "
In response to Reply # 6

prototype

stand ur ground, believe in urself,
believe in love, prepare urself for love, remove the negativity from ur life, and accept the love u kno u deserve

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43353 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Oh well he can live off his daughter."
In response to Reply # 0

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

bignick
Charter member
24054 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "Or, the piles and piles of cash that he has. "
In response to Reply # 7

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:31 PM

8. "guess he's going to move to FOX News now"
In response to Reply # 0

they have to do a background check first though, to make sure he's told more than just a couple of lies

Ted Gee Seal
Member since Apr 18th 2007
10091 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 07:52 PM

10. "^"
In response to Reply # 8

Just IMO though.

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 09:44 PM

15. "thats the first thing that came to mind"
In response to Reply # 8
Mon Feb-09-15 09:45 PM by Binladen

oh he'll have a job.

neuro_OSX
Member since Oct 29th 2004
1157 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 08:51 PM

13. "Its about the Destruction of Iraq, Not Fake Helicopter Stories"
In response to Reply # 0

http://billmoyers.com/2015/02/06/shame-us-journalism-destruction-iraq-fake-helicopter-stories/

www.salon.com/2015/02/07/ronald_reagans_wartime_lies_the_president_had_quite_a_brian_williams_problem/

"You used to be so cool, but now, you know you're so cold"

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85068 posts
Mon Feb-09-15 08:59 PM

14. "lester holt standing gorilla position ready for his shot."
In response to Reply # 0

aint gonna lie brian williams tells the news well so i kinda don't care if he a liar. he just a host to me.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Lobby General Discussion topic #12722689 Previous topic | Next topic