Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12718828

Subject: "Is trying to get a partial refund petty?" Previous topic | Next topic
bonitaapplebaum71481
Member since Aug 04th 2003
22576 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 06:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Is trying to get a partial refund petty?"

So I just went to the grocery store and bought five items, the cashier inquired about my double piercing in my nose and I explained to her that I'm a piercer. She got distracted and ended up scanning another's item with my stuff before I swiped my card. I was caught up with the boy so I didn't notice and I left. The gent behind me caught up with me and explained that I was charged instead of him, I told him he could just pay me back but turns out the girl shrugged off her mistake and charged him as well.

That prompted me to return to the grocery store after I got my boy settled (he still had HW to do) and hashed it out peacefully with her and the manager. They won't give me the 5.99 in cash, they have to credit it back to my card. I didn't walk over there with my entire wallet so I assured them I'd be back tomorrow.

It's not like the $$ will break me so should I go back or just get them to honor something else for me under the same amount?

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i don't think it's petty
Feb 04th 2015
go back n get it..if YOU took something for .50, theyd arrest you
Feb 04th 2015
^^
Feb 04th 2015
^
Feb 04th 2015
^^
Feb 06th 2015
hell nah. get that $
Feb 04th 2015
nah it was silly not to return with your whole wallet...
Feb 04th 2015
...are we related?
Feb 06th 2015
nah, not petty at all
Feb 04th 2015
Update: everything got resolved and they even refunded me extra
Feb 06th 2015
:)
Feb 06th 2015

howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 06:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i don't think it's petty"
In response to Reply # 0

it's up to you if you want to get your refund. to some people it's not worth their time.

i always check my receipts but usually after i get home. if i was mischarged and already left the store, i just bring it back next time and explain. i get the money back on my card or occasionally store credit or cash. it's not inconvenient for me because i already go to that store (despite the too frequent mistakes on their end) and i'm coming back on my schedule. to me it's as much the principle as it is the money.

rdhull
Charter member
33133 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 07:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "go back n get it..if YOU took something for .50, theyd arrest you"
In response to Reply # 0

principle of it all

Lach
Charter member
44326 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 08:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "^^"
In response to Reply # 2

Ted Gee Seal
Member since Apr 18th 2007
10091 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 09:09 PM

7. "^"
In response to Reply # 2

Just IMO though.

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Fri Feb-06-15 10:12 AM

8. "^^"
In response to Reply # 2

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85066 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 07:16 PM

3. "hell nah. get that $"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

ndibs
Member since Aug 06th 2012
12715 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 07:29 PM

4. "nah it was silly not to return with your whole wallet..."
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Feb-04-15 07:36 PM by ndibs

or to leave without the refund or the item you paid for. i would have been like cool, but i'm leaving with my item. then you have it if you want to return it and these people aren't there. they probably would have given you your money back instead. you shouldn't have been so peacefully hashing it out. becaues 5.99 isn't worth going back for. sometimes you just need to get shit done and be done with it over being nice.

the not so noice version of this dicsusion would have gone like. listen i don't have time for this. i got two kids, two jobs and not timce for this bs. i'm not coming back here for a refund. I'm going to email your regional manager and sort it out with them why you were dishonest when you knew i was overcharged. And or threaten to do a chargeback on your credit card.

Being nice when someone cheats you and wastes your damn time needlesly is ridiculous.

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Fri Feb-06-15 10:13 AM

9. "...are we related?"
In response to Reply # 4

i swear you sound like a family member at times
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

J_Stew
Member since Jul 06th 2002
22363 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 08:09 PM

5. "nah, not petty at all"
In response to Reply # 0

my grocery store stays accidentally double charging me for shit, i usually notice it right away but not always.

bonitaapplebaum71481
Member since Aug 04th 2003
22576 posts
Fri Feb-06-15 10:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Update: everything got resolved and they even refunded me extra"
In response to Reply # 0

cuz I was so peace

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

BabySoulRebel
Charter member
19232 posts
Fri Feb-06-15 10:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. ":)"
In response to Reply # 10

here for dis.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12718828 Previous topic | Next topic