Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12714765

Subject: "Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your cool ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Mudbone
Charter member
461 posts
Fri Jan-30-15 09:56 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your cool ..."
Fri Jan-30-15 09:56 PM by Mudbone

Yeah, I work at a major research public university and we have Friday wind downs or social events on Friday's. How do you get down without showing your ass and losing your J O B? #faded #acctractedtoadirectreport.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
drink tonic water or soda water
Jan 30th 2015
Why is your intention to get sloppy in public
Jan 30th 2015
hows the view up there?
Jan 31st 2015
      lol...i've been living on the same floor for the past three years
Jan 31st 2015
RE: Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your c...
Jan 31st 2015
Jan 31st 2015
Jan 31st 2015
Stick to beer and wine.
Jan 31st 2015
Went to Interop in Las Vegas a couple of years ago for work...
Jan 31st 2015
alternate every alcoholic drink
Feb 01st 2015

rdhull
Charter member
33126 posts
Fri Jan-30-15 10:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "drink tonic water or soda water"
In response to Reply # 0

brownskinbaby
Member since Aug 31st 2003
9004 posts
Fri Jan-30-15 10:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Why is your intention to get sloppy in public"
In response to Reply # 0

That seems super immature. Why not just socialize and have a couple of drinks? Drinking until you cant control yourself to the point that you would put your job in jeopardy is a bit excessive, no? I personally have a kid, a husband, dogs, and a house to take care of when I get home. I am not trying to wake up with a habgover more that once or teice a year. I have shit to fo the next day. If I am drunk to the point that I coukd loose my job, I am most drfinitely going to have a hangover the next day.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35242 posts
Sat Jan-31-15 09:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "hows the view up there?"
In response to Reply # 2

dafriquan
Charter member
24695 posts
Sat Jan-31-15 10:21 AM

8. "lol...i've been living on the same floor for the past three years"
In response to Reply # 7

the view is breathtaking!

Birdzeye
Member since Feb 29th 2008
433 posts
Sat Jan-31-15 04:36 AM

3. "RE: Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your c..."
In response to Reply # 0

I remember as a 9 or 10 year old my dad came to pick me up from school. I can't remember the reason why but he had to come into the school building to get me.

I was talking to my head teacher who my dad recognised (because of the teachers prominent birthmark on his face) had been a teacher for my dad many years before.

My Dad engaged in a warm catch up with this teacher, but what I remember mostly about this situation is the large open can of beer that my Dad was holding all through this conversation.

Definitely inappropriate!

Mudbone
Charter member
461 posts
Sat Jan-31-15 06:50 AM

4. "RE: Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your c..."
In response to Reply # 0

Water and snacks on hand helped immensely. I wasn't sloppy, just tequila w/mixer buzzed; we actually ended early so I was in decent shape to go home.

Deacon Blues
Charter member
5013 posts
Sat Jan-31-15 07:49 AM

5. "RE: Drinking at non sanctioned work events and trying to maintain your c..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Jan-31-15 07:51 AM by Deacon Blues

Make sure you have some food on your stomach

Hydrate before during and after

Drink slowly

Good rules for drinking in general

You want a buzz not sloppy and hangover

dude

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49382 posts
Sat Jan-31-15 09:10 AM

6. "Stick to beer and wine. "
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

http://blackpeopleonlocalnews.tumblr.com/

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Sat Jan-31-15 03:19 PM

9. "Went to Interop in Las Vegas a couple of years ago for work..."
In response to Reply # 0

... work related, we were all there, but half of the vendors were passing out beer or wine at their booths. I wasn't even thinking about it so I was tossin 'em back while we were walking and discussing new projects and shit with the vendors.

About an hour and a half in I realized I had 7 or 8 beers and a couple of glasses of wine and was on the edge of being really fucked up.

The hardest shit was to sit there ant try to talk shop with these dudes with a massive buzz heading into drunk territory.

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D

DeepAztheRoot
Member since Dec 19th 2003
13992 posts
Sun Feb-01-15 07:36 PM

10. "alternate every alcoholic drink"
In response to Reply # 0

with a non-alcoholic one, sparkling water etc...

<-Fear Ameer

Lobby General Discussion topic #12714765 Previous topic | Next topic