Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12709349

Subject: "GoT season 4 eps 9&10 showing on the big screen thurs" Previous topic | Next topic
blkprinceMD05
Member since Nov 29th 2004
41323 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 12:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"GoT season 4 eps 9&10 showing on the big screen thurs"
Mon Jan-26-15 01:09 PM by blkprinceMD05

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/06/game-of-thrones-imax/

'Game of Thrones' coming to IMAX: First TV series released in format
By James Hibberd

Game of Thrones is headed to theaters—along with the first trailer for season five.

HBO is releasing a Game of Thrones “movie” into IMAX theaters later this month comprised of the final two episodes of the show’s fourth season. The screening will also include an exclusive trailer for the upcoming season. Thrones will air in 150 IMAX theaters for one week beginning Jan. 23. According to IMAX, this will mark the first time a TV series has been showcased in the format.

That means last year’s action-filled Battle of Castle Black episode will get ultra-big-screen treatment, along with the season’s Emmy-nominated finale, “The Children.” For fans, the move represents a rare opportunity to see TV’s most lavishly produced series in a large-screen format. While for HBO, it gives the network’s most popular series of all time, with Thrones averaging 19 million viewers per episode last season, an unprecedented cinematic platform. The episodes will be digitally re-mastered to be compatible with the immersive IMAX format.

“The cinematic brilliance and grand scope of the series is perfect for the IMAX format,” said Pamela Levine, chief marketing officer at HBO. “We are always looking to provide fans with new and exciting ways to experience the show and viewing two key episodes, along with the new trailer, on such an impressive platform makes for a great event.”

So far HBO has only released extremely brief teases to promote the new season, almost entirely consisting of previous footage. Thrones is expected to return in April.
“We couldn’t think of a series more fitting than Game of Thrones to be the first presented in IMAX,” said Greg Foster, senior executive vice president, IMAX Corp. “The scope and production quality of the show is quite remarkable, which will be highlighted even further in select IMAX locations—allowing fans, as never before, to become a part of author George R. R. Martin’s world that David Benioff and D. B. Weiss created for HBO. It has the action, storyline and epic nature that our fans seek in IMAX and we’re thrilled to team with HBO and our longtime partners at Warner Brothers to offer audiences a chance to experience it in the ultimate theatre setting joined by other fans of the series.”

If it were up to some, this wouldn’t mark the last time Thrones was on the big screen. Author George R.R. Martin and others associated with the series once advocated to conclude the show’s planned seven-season production with an original feature film, but HBO has been disinterested in such a prospect since the company’s business model is focused on gaining subscribers with TV content.

There have also been reports of a season-five preview special that will air on HBO, possibly as soon as February. We’re told those details are still being worked out.

me and my boy going to regal out douglasville to see it, im sooooooooooooo geeked, seeing ep 9 and the battle at castle black on the big screen should be awesome

prototype

stand ur ground, believe in urself,
believe in love, prepare urself for love, remove the negativity from ur life, and accept the love u kno u deserve

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
just started dance with dragons...its awesome
Jan 26th 2015
yeah i dont kno why so many ppl shat on ADWD and AFFC
Jan 26th 2015
      I like Cersei and I like where her character went.
Jan 26th 2015
           he made her DUMB in AFFC, i understand she may have
Jan 26th 2015
We need a theater with a real IMAX screen in Atlanta.....
Jan 26th 2015
yup and they aint even showing it there, but i totally agree
Jan 26th 2015
Foul on the spoiler in the title bro.
Jan 26th 2015
I didnt want to say anything, but....
Jan 26th 2015
id assume any real fan would have watched season 4 by now
Jan 26th 2015
      Some folks are just now getting into it.....
Jan 26th 2015
           true, yall are right, cause im just starting breaking bad and i would
Jan 26th 2015

Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 12:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "just started dance with dragons...its awesome"
In response to Reply # 0

all my fav characters are back @ least initially

does it really matter?

for all my fans who keep my name in their mouth: http://i.imgur.com/v2xNOpS.jpg

blkprinceMD05
41323 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:03 PM

2. "yeah i dont kno why so many ppl shat on ADWD and AFFC"
In response to Reply # 1

i love both of them, like love them

i didnt like the direction GRRM took cersei in but i could live with it

im a cersei stan and i accept that its mainly because of how lena heady portrayed her on tv, and that most ppl hate her

but yeah those books are great

thats not what this post is about tho

prototype

believe in love, prepare urself for love, remove the negativity from ur life, and accept the love u kno u deserve

Lardlad95
Member since Jul 31st 2002
66340 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "I like Cersei and I like where her character went."
In response to Reply # 2

I like it when female characters get to actually be human...and man is Cersei human.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts..." -The Bard

blkprinceMD05
41323 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:13 PM

10. "he made her DUMB in AFFC, i understand she may have"
In response to Reply # 4

been traumatized by joff's death and that in general she had an us vs everyone else mentality but it just seemed wrong that the woman who pulled off such machinations in GoT (first book) who let her paranoia and hubris ruin the fragile alliance and standing her second son and house had on the throne in AFFC

just didnt seem right to me, especially since she considered herself tywin with teats

prototype

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "We need a theater with a real IMAX screen in Atlanta....."
In response to Reply # 0

I hate that the only one is way out at the Mall of Georgia, and the one at Fernbank only shows nature movies.....

We the children of the Light, you know what I mean?
That's why I'm hating on the darkness like Paula Deen
Cause in my hood they masked up like it's Halloween
We going hard for the Rock, but we not some fiends
- Andy Mineo

blkprinceMD05
41323 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:07 PM

7. "yup and they aint even showing it there, but i totally agree"
In response to Reply # 3

i saw inception out there, compared to the joint at atlantic station its fucking palpable

but o well, tbh i woulda been happy seeing it on ANY movie screen, i just think that battle of castle blk is meant for the big screen

prototype

Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:05 PM

5. "Foul on the spoiler in the title bro. "
In response to Reply # 0

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

http://blackpeopleonlocalnews.tumblr.com/

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I didnt want to say anything, but...."
In response to Reply # 5

and now I'm exiting this thread because the book readers are coming and they LOVE to spoil stuff for us who only watch the show.....

- Andy Mineo

blkprinceMD05
41323 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:08 PM

8. "id assume any real fan would have watched season 4 by now"
In response to Reply # 5

but ill edit

prototype

KCPlayer21
Charter member
30076 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:12 PM

9. "Some folks are just now getting into it....."
In response to Reply # 8

I have several friends who are using my HBOGo to get caught up in time for the 5th season premiere.....

- Andy Mineo

blkprinceMD05
41323 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 01:14 PM

11. "true, yall are right, cause im just starting breaking bad and i would"
In response to Reply # 9

likewis be pissed, so yea i edited and my bad to any who had it spoiled

prototype

Lobby General Discussion topic #12709349 Previous topic | Next topic