Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12706037

Subject: "AYDMF: iPad thieves accidentally send their faces and names to victim's ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Mongo
Member since Oct 26th 2005
45670 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"AYDMF: iPad thieves accidentally send their faces and names to victim's ..."

http://www.tuaw.com/2015/01/22/ipad-thieves-accidentally-send-their-faces-and-names-to-victims/

Apple's iCloud had a rough time in 2014, after being implicated in the leaks of a whole bunch of dirty celeb selfies, but it's starting off 2015 on the right foot by helping to nab some iPad thieves in Texas. After stealing an iPad and a number of other pricey items from someone's truck, the dimwitted suspects got a little bit sloppy, and now they're being hunted down with the help of a video recorded on the very iPad they stole.

IT'S 2015. SERIOUSLY?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Dummies
Jan 22nd 2015
this is why it's important to research the items you plan to steal.
Jan 22nd 2015
It's amazing how smart and dumb this new generation is
Jan 22nd 2015
      tell me about it
Jan 22nd 2015
I dont know why I always read the youtube comments
Jan 22nd 2015
soon as I saw they were black kids (dammit!) I refused to scroll down
Jan 22nd 2015
lectrical tape....
Jan 22nd 2015
tape aint shit. don't let it conmnect to the wifi. findmyiphone
Jan 22nd 2015
Racist comments in 3, 2 ... *points*
Jan 22nd 2015
Fuck thieves. Glad these funny-looking dudes got caught
Jan 22nd 2015

Lach
Charter member
44324 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Dummies"
In response to Reply # 0

Deadzombie
Member since Aug 21st 2008
13358 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "this is why it's important to research the items you plan to steal."
In response to Reply # 0

they should definitely have a working knowledge of ipads and icloud and wifi and actually ... they had no business making a video.

but the most damaging thing they did was turning it on.

Lach
Charter member
44324 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 04:01 PM

8. "It's amazing how smart and dumb this new generation is"
In response to Reply # 2

They use tablets and cell phones all day every day but so many of them don't truly understand the device they're using. Like my 14 year old for example. I'm like "did you download app ABC when I told you not to?" Her: "No daddy". Well, because it was setup years ago the ignant girl forgets her Apple ID IS MY F'N EMAIL ADDRESS. smh. So needless to say she lost her iPad for a couple weeks.

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:48 PM

9. "tell me about it"
In response to Reply # 8

16 years old and no matter how much I talk about wifi hacking, network monitoring, and shit like that (I've even SHOWED HER what I'm capable of doing!!!), she stays trying to tell me what she didn't do or hasn't gone on the internet.

Since she's home schooled, she'd supposed to be on her laptop during the day for nothing but her school work. when her grades came in low, the missus had me watch her. Simple man-in-the-middle attack on her machine allowed me to watch her traffic from my pen testing laptop. She was going all over the fuckin place EXCEPT where she was supposed to be.

When I confronted her with three days worth of her shit, she tried to deny it telling us to "check my history!!!" until I explained exactly what I had done.

Grounded for 4 weeks.
---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:39 PM

3. "I dont know why I always read the youtube comments"
In response to Reply # 0

b.Touch
Member since Jun 28th 2011
20514 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:52 PM

10. "soon as I saw they were black kids (dammit!) I refused to scroll down"
In response to Reply # 3

TR808
Member since Oct 24th 2012
2012 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:48 PM

4. "lectrical tape...."
In response to Reply # 0

if you gonna steal an ipad or any device witha camera you need to tape up the camera first... dummies

Deadzombie
Member since Aug 21st 2008
13358 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:54 PM

6. " tape aint shit. don't let it conmnect to the wifi. findmyiphone"
In response to Reply # 4

will fuck your shit up. tape or not.

airplane mode, something.

don't let the thing 'call home'.

jetblack
Member since Nov 14th 2004
44802 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "Racist comments in 3, 2 ... *points*"
In response to Reply # 0

---
Stoicism and chill.
---
Stay +.
---

8-bit
Member since Jan 12th 2010
10841 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Fuck thieves. Glad these funny-looking dudes got caught"
In response to Reply # 0

Those blonde dreads just make me want to smack that young dude, kinda like when you see the mascot at sports games.

---
http://twitter.com/logicalhood
http://instagram.com/hoodlogic

Lobby General Discussion topic #12706037 Previous topic | Next topic