Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12705136

Subject: "got a scare today: my youngest son + cops + my neighborhood" Previous topic | Next topic
poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Wed Jan-21-15 11:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"got a scare today: my youngest son + cops + my neighborhood"

i'm in the dining room, working (i work from home and i move all around the crib during the day). my wife calls me into the family room.

her: "i got a call from jj1 (our youngest son), and i'm shaking and my heart is beating so fast"

me: ???

her: "he told me he's at the park, there's a dark blue bmw w/ tinted windows in our neighborhood, two guys got out, flashed badges, asked him questions, and patted him down".

me: TF???

he's at the park (about 3 blocks up the street from us and around the corner). the car is out in front of our crib. my wife and i lock the crib (my daughters are home), get in the truck, pull out into the street, close the garage door, and eye the car as we drive up the street to get our son.

its obv not a cop car, and not an unmarked car (charger, etc). we pick up our son who is walking from the bball court and drive back down the street while he is trying to explain what happened. they were cops, or said they were. they showed him a badge. he went to mr dan's house on the way to the park (b/c he was going up to the park to train mr dan's son, rocky)

** i'm changing mad names and some slight details in this **

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
wtf?
Jan 22nd 2015
thanks. and it was scary as hell. with the way the world is now
Jan 22nd 2015
i am HEATED. why are cops messing with MY SON? what
Jan 22nd 2015
What does the last sentence have to do w/ the rest of the post?
Jan 22nd 2015
the car had come back and was parked a third of the way up
Jan 22nd 2015
      My bad. I didn't realize it was a series of post at that time lol
Jan 22nd 2015
           yeah. especially w/ the subject matter. but if i typed all that in
Jan 22nd 2015
I'M heated at this Cliffhanger ass ending
Jan 22nd 2015
Damn. Hope everyone's alright...
Jan 22nd 2015
they are. and it is.
Jan 22nd 2015
So what happened? I'm confused
Jan 22nd 2015
dude has on jeans, some mirrored shades and a tight polo with
Jan 22nd 2015
arrghhhh
Jan 22nd 2015
      ^^
Jan 22nd 2015
so the ACTUAL DETECTIVE is standing in the street, outside
Jan 22nd 2015
so my son is NOT a suspect. they watching dan up the street.
Jan 22nd 2015
Glad your Fam is safe.
Jan 22nd 2015
this is wild...
Jan 22nd 2015
finally!!!!
Jan 22nd 2015
If Dan was black his door would of been kicked in
Jan 22nd 2015
yep. i mean, the cop seemed sincere and all that and i don't
Jan 22nd 2015
      RE: yep. i mean, the cop seemed sincere and all that and i don't
Jan 22nd 2015
           oh, THAT neighborhood. i remember that story** well.
Jan 22nd 2015
this is crazy, glad your son is good
Jan 22nd 2015
It doesn't sound like cops-- Do they drive foreign cars undercover?
Jan 22nd 2015
LoL dudes that Rob for dope don't hold 15min convos with witnesses
Jan 22nd 2015
what deej said. they were really detectives. cops use seized
Jan 22nd 2015
      I gotcha. What a double edged sword of a situation that is.
Jan 22nd 2015
           except posthumously. yeah. it's crazy. some of the thought
Jan 22nd 2015
#crimingWhileWhite
Jan 22nd 2015
^^^ this. nm
Jan 22nd 2015
POSTJACK: How many of you or your kids can indentify your city PD badges...
Jan 22nd 2015
If they flash it for half a second how WILL you tell?
Jan 22nd 2015
Reply #29. Game theory.
Jan 22nd 2015
All of this is disturbing SO glad your family is intact
Jan 22nd 2015
those arent cops
Jan 22nd 2015
Can you call local PD and ask about a pending drug bust?
Jan 22nd 2015
i ain't ask for a card. and really don't want one. ain't trying to be
Jan 22nd 2015
more backstory on dan - a neighborhood kid OD'd in his
Jan 22nd 2015
RE: more backstory on dan - a neighborhood kid OD'd in his
Jan 22nd 2015
Sounds like Dan is a class act, huh?
Jan 22nd 2015
wow
Jan 22nd 2015
now that i think of it, at least 4 kids in the neighborhood that i
Jan 22nd 2015
the military is the answer down there huh?
Jan 22nd 2015
and that anthony mackie poast - my son got kinda half dreads.
Jan 22nd 2015
update: WHY THERE'S 10 SQUAD CARS UP THE SKREET?
Feb 11th 2015
even if you're on the periphery u could get caught up
Feb 11th 2015
      EXACTLY. i explain that to my kids on the regular. but sometimes
Feb 11th 2015
oh wow. he wasn't home yet. he just pulled up and now they
Feb 11th 2015
Jeez...stay strong, there.
Feb 11th 2015
we good, thanks.
Feb 12th 2015
after all that he only got charged w/ simple possession (?!!??)
Feb 12th 2015

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "wtf?"
In response to Reply # 0

everything about that is bizarre and scary, glad he's ok.

who the fuck are these guys rolling around in a bmw patting down kids?

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
44. "thanks. and it was scary as hell. with the way the world is now"
In response to Reply # 1

and i'm thankful for how composed my son was. and the cops complimented him on his demeanor, and all that ish.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:07 AM

2. "i am HEATED. why are cops messing with MY SON? what "
In response to Reply # 0

reason would they have to stop him and question him, etc.

but when jj tells me he stopped by mr dan's house on the way up the street to pick up rocky, i'm like, damn.

background: we been in this neighborhood just a few months shy of 10 yrs now. when we moved in, one of the first ppl i met was dan, up the street (not his name). when i played TE at md in the late 80's, he played DE (not his position) at nc state. we hit it off. would watch games, drink brews and whatnot.

this the real hood / enwurdery ass yt dude i may have posted about before. cool, nice guy. but kinda simple and childish. he was raised in SE raleigh (not southeast dc by any stretch, but it got its own rep down here). his pop was a coach. he grew up around black folks. ppl i know where that's they comfort level / how they came up, i just take them at face value. type nigga (he never said that word around me and i wouldn't have that) to be riding slow around the neighborhood at all times of day and night in a convertible benz blasting biggie or chubb rock or some other shit off the classic hip hop sirius xm station. and i mean this literally. no exaggeration. that's just what he do.

dude has/had/has multiple substance issues. LOVE state. always rocking gear from teh school. stay up in there. usedta sell insurance for most of these 10 yrs. i went to the state v. md game one time and had to stop HIM from fighting these yts (state fans) who were getting out of pocket with me (drunk and feeling themselves). i'm like, no need, fam, i will beat all they asses if its necessary but i'm good. but he was about to fire one of them up.

at the same time, dude was... eccentric. english couple from up the street, who we were also kinda close with when we moved in, usedta be friends w/ him and his wife. dan would just walk into they crib w/o knocking, grab beer or whatever out the frigerator. take packages out of ppl mailboxes. when my kids went to public school, my wife would be up the street waiting w/ the kids at the next cul de sac at the bus stop, and every morning he'd come out, set up a lawn chair, go get his neighbors paper from across the street, open that shit up, and read it in his driveway. in shorts w/ no shoes or socks on, in the dead of december.

anyway... long story short, i stopped fooling w/ him a few years back. i tried to talk w/ him, help him when he was going through some ish, like when he lost his dad. pray for him, etc. but the drinking was getting worse and worse. and the drugs was getting more apparent. so i had to cut him off. we cool like 'hi and bye', and i'll stop and kick it with him in the street now and then, but iont be going over his crib or vice versa no more. and damn sure not riding w/ him.

so when i drive back down the street after picking up my son, i stop about 20 ft away from the dark blue bmw. a dude gets out the car. it's a DT undercover.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "What does the last sentence have to do w/ the rest of the post?"
In response to Reply # 2
Thu Jan-22-15 12:14 AM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

The hell is going on here?

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:49 AM

11. "the car had come back and was parked a third of the way up "
In response to Reply # 5

my street, not to far from my house, and in a place where it could see dan's house, over the crest of the hill.

i saw the car on the way out, and was second guessing if they were cops or not, until i got my son and heard his story. then i KNEW they were cops. doing a bad job of undercover. (dawg, that's why i'm IN a cul de sac, so i can know instantly if any of hte cars belong here or not).

of course my son picked up on that shit. if it wasn't a cop it coulda been a drug dealer. we be trying to train our kids to notice when shit ain't right.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
12. "My bad. I didn't realize it was a series of post at that time lol "
In response to Reply # 11

Looking at the posts individually made me feel like I was reading the ramblings of a mad man

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:58 AM

14. "yeah. especially w/ the subject matter. but if i typed all that in "
In response to Reply # 12

one poast it would have been quintessential IARATS.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "I'M heated at this Cliffhanger ass ending"
In response to Reply # 2

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:07 AM

3. "Damn. Hope everyone's alright..."
In response to Reply # 0

I am fucking terrified to have kids.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:57 AM

13. "they are. and it is. "
In response to Reply # 3

but as terrifying as it is, kids are also rewarding.

when we got back inside the house, and had kind of finished talking it out, i just gave my son a hug.

too much traps and pitfalls out here.

then the neighbor across the street came over later, who my son also trains -- they in the same grade, though.

and why this kid look EXACTLY like the son on Black-ish. i just noticed it today, and dude (his dad is puerto rican, mother is white) was asking all kinds of naive assed questions about if the kids that got caught at the park are going to jail and whatnot. and is the stuff on Beyond Scared Straight really real? (i told him i saw the original and he was like, there's another one?)

it'd be funny(er) if we weren't talking about real ish.

i explained that some of the kids in scared straight come from backgrounds that are as bad if not worse than prison. then i threw in a subliminal about how where we live is so NOT the hood and how its ludicrous for anybody w/ this kind of background to try and test someone for whom that shit is reality. (jj had an issue w/ that several years back and i embarrassed the fk out of him but made it clear that there really wont no hood in him).

"on the real tip let's take a field trip to the ghetto" (c) sadat x

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

PimpTrickGangstaClik
15894 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:09 AM

4. "So what happened? I'm confused"
In response to Reply # 0

Were they cops or not?
Some random pretend cops just patted him down and let him go?

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:25 AM

7. "dude has on jeans, some mirrored shades and a tight polo with "
In response to Reply # 0

a patch on it. he introduces himself to me (high rank, but i won't reveal) as a narcotics detective.

i speak through the rolled down window (he strolled up to the truck) and ask him what was up w/ stopping my son?

cop: "it's a long story. we've been keeping an eye on dan's house".

me: *sighs* *leans back in seat* "oh"

cop: "we're sorry that we stopped your son." (btw, lead officer is white. the one in the car looks latino. my fam is black. dan is white). "we were watching dan's house and your son came walking up the street. he glanced at the car a couple of times. he walked up and turned the corner and went into dan's garage. then he knocked on the door..."

my son, by now, had told us that he and rocky were going to go get a workout up at the park. rocky told him to pick up the ball from his house, and he'd meet him there. dan always keeps his garage door open.

cop: "we saw your son continue up the street and he looked like he was fiddling with his waistband"

*my heart is racing hearing that coming from a cop*. our son told us he was pulling up his shorts b/c his draws was showing.

cop: "we saw that, and with him having come from the house, and with him also having looked back at us and noticing us (in other words he 'made' them as cops) we were like, this is kinda out of the ordinary. so we asked if we could talk to him, and also if we could pat him down, for safety. "

now i'm mad in multiple directions, but also relieved.

cop: "we talked to him, and told him that we were watching dan's house, and why. there have been NUMEROUS complaints from people in this neighborhood about him selling drugs..."

me: (to myself: SHIT).

backstory: i KNOW dan (almost typed his real name) been selling drugs. that's a large part of why i don't eff w/ him no more. one thing for him to smoke up, but selling to kids in the neighborhood (the older teens, largely). that's off base.

there was a big thing last summer when a bunch of kids in the neighborhood (none of mine remotely involved) got busted smoking weed and drinking up at the park at night, by the pool (rich kid prollems, right?).

dan always talks big shit about his connections at state, and how he gonna help kids get recruited and all that. my youngest son, jj, is very good at ball. but i been told him that there ain't nothing dan cna do for you and he be bullshitting. took a few years (i even coached w/ him, way back when, w/ both our kids on the town rec league team). dan told my oldest son's best friend, a short, fat kid, that he could get him a scholarship to nc state.

my wife and i talked to his parents and was like, tell tyreke to stay away from dan, and ain't no way in hell. at that point, jj knew he was bugging.

but i don't know if it is partly delusions of grandeur, or if dude be trying to recruit kids to buy and sell, but he be selling dreams like that. so my kids no not to fool w/ him.

but rocky be so pathetic. his older brother, dave, is the one who spends the most time w/ his pop (and we suspect he be selling, too), and rocky barely gets attention, except when he killign shit on his 5th grade aau squad.

and my son has a lot to do w/ that b/c he got this little kid's jumper COLD. pulling college threes w/ form, and hitting up kids w/ step backs and hesi's like it ain't nothing.

jj wants to be a coach or trainer, so a few of the kids in the neighborhood go to the park w/ him or workout in our driveway and rocky is one of those.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:31 AM

8. "arrghhhh"
In response to Reply # 7

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:33 AM

21. "^^"
In response to Reply # 8

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:37 AM

9. "so the ACTUAL DETECTIVE is standing in the street, outside "
In response to Reply # 0

my car door, in front of the crib, for at least 15 minutes, telling me ALL his business.

shit is weird.

but he tells me that he and his partner were remarking about how polite and respectful my son was, and that they knew he was an athlete, and also that they quickly determined (after talking to him about what he knew) that he had nothing to do with it and it was wrong place + wrong time.

but they been watching dan for a minute. they receive all kindsa calls about dan and that house. and that the kids that be smoking and selling (and generally don't play sports, btw) be going over there (same shit my wife and i noticed).

and also that when they've busted kids they've flipped on him. (b/c, of course, they kids).

the cop is like, we know he selling weed, but we're more concerned about pills, and now some worse stuff is starting to move into (name of city).

dude tells me that they actually had enough dirt on dude to bring a team and kick his door in over the last month, and one of the only things stopping him is that the cop has a young child and he's weighing the impact on that family vs. the impact of the families in teh rest of the neighborhood.

me and my wife in the front seat, and my son in the back.

all of this shit too close to home, mind you, b/c my youngest 3 are adopted, and we got them through foster care, and in particular, my youngest son and his biological sister were caught up in the system via a drug raid. about 12 yrs ago.

i'm thinking of them kids ending up in DFS or whatever. but still, dude is fucking up. the cop proceeds to tell me how dan lost his job (knew that) for stealing and dumb shit. and how he got his old phone so he knows for CERTAIN that he was selling pills and other shit in addition to weed.

we have a sidebar b/c they were saying they were tripping off why my son knew they were cops and i explained:

- *I* ain't grow up around here
- i been stopped on some 'black man about your height w/ facial hair' bullshit in the md/dc area where that phrase fits about 2 million people
- the detective was mad sincere and said he actually trains officers and that he don't go for that profiling and whatnot, but he understands why i would teach my son how to spot folks and how to act, and that it was the fact that he went to dude's house that put him on the radar and, again, that they quickly determined he was cool
- and once they saw him go to his waistband (again, heart flutters), they figured it was nothing but had to ask when they rolled up, for safety's sake

again, dude seemed hella sincere, so i took him at his word. he even went over after the convo to tell my neighbor (who was watching like wtf?) that my son had done nothing wrong and they were watching someone up the street.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:46 AM

10. "so my son is NOT a suspect. they watching dan up the street. "
In response to Reply # 0

and then the cop is telling me all his business.

also, he had alluded to harder shit coming into the town, and into the neighborhood. that herahn.

i know some ish about dan. i didn't mention or volunteer no info. but i nodded and confirmed some of the rumors or reports about other shit, or at least displayed that it was not inconsistent info to me. but nothing new.

but i DID know that dan was supposedly strung out a few years before i first met him, and htat i met him when he was trying to get his stuff together. and he was on that H,and he was going and hanging out on corners in durham to cop.

anyway, the officer tells me that the other night, a dude was passed out, OD'd on heroin in the fucking wal-mart parking lot. we was at walmart last night. shit. is. surreal.

i know drugs are everywhere. but dayum. and i also know that, especially in the suburbs, folk be on prescription pills, and then when they can't get them scripts they switch to h, which is cheaper.

and the cop is sharing w/ me a story about a family member getting hooked on opiates while in the hospital after an accident.

eventually, the cop's partner motions to him, and he gets in his dark blue beamer and drives off and i'm befuddled like shit.

i'm talking to my wife and we trying to figure out why the cop telling all that business.

only thing i can come up with is:

a) they want dan to know that the block is hot and are trying to get him to chill

b) they trying to ramp up pressure on dan (i ain't telling him shit. it should be obvious) that they got enough to lock him up in order to get him to flip on his connect.

in either case, jj not going NEAR dan's crib again.

crazy ass 1 hr interlude to my day today.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Castro
Charter member
50749 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 01:52 AM

15. "Glad your Fam is safe. "
In response to Reply # 10

------------------
One Hundred.

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 08:16 AM

16. "this is wild..."

they definitely hoping u can scare him into chilling

might have to release some pigeons

and start playing "what happened to that boy?" repeatedly

it's probably too little too late...that type of shit is sad

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:35 AM

22. "finally!!!!"

>
>in either case, jj not going NEAR dan's crib again.
>
>crazy ass 1 hr interlude to my day today.

i been reading all of that to get to here!
good
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

deejboram
Member since Sep 27th 2002
25755 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 08:40 AM

17. "If Dan was black his door would of been kicked in"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jan-22-15 08:41 AM by deejboram

After the second parent said he sold weed

pink toes: http://i.imgur.com/WN7DPL1

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:11 AM

19. "yep. i mean, the cop seemed sincere and all that and i don't"
In response to Reply # 17

doubt his rationale. but black folks, imo, and in my experience, don't be getting the benefit of the doubt like that.

for example, back when we were doing foster care, even the WHITE foster parents (multiple years, multiple kids) were telling us that they would rather have a black foster child because the white ones were so damaged and horribly abused by the time that the system took them, whereas the black ones were normally due to neglect (which == momma on drugs).

that, of course, doesn't mean black parents (or hispanic ones) DON'T abuse they kids. but since white folks tend to give white folks the benefit of the doubt, their ish tends to escalate and then when someone is finally called in it is a very bad situation. little babies with cigarrette burns all up and down their bodies and whatnot.

and statistically it holds up that kids are taken from black households at a higher rate than from white households. we struggled with that, too, like, maybe they should not have taken them. but it is a fine line. because if the social workers do NOT intervene (either provide the family with help that works OR take the kids) and the parent (usually the mother or grandmother) continues to spiral out of control, eventually it is going to be a really ugly situation.

our jj1 and jj2 were snatched up in a drug raid (and that brings up all kinds of memories for us. jj1 used to have nightmares about police. this happened right before his 5th bday).

so i really don't want anything bad to happen to rocky or dave, for that matter. but dan is fucking up. and he is spiraling, and getting worse, and his impact on the neighborhood is getting worse.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:52 AM

28. "RE: yep. i mean, the cop seemed sincere and all that and i don't"
In response to Reply # 19
Thu Jan-22-15 10:52 AM by Tiggerific

No, they don't. I live in Durham. There are 2 police officers in my subdivision. One is two doors down from me. The house on the corner was suspected of selling drugs. A black family with a father who was a bail bondsman lived there. They kicked that ish in like they were on cops. I watched that ish with some popcorn giving play by play to the neighbors.

Nothing but weed was found, but not too long after that, they moved out and a white family moved in. Nothing but peace in the neighborhood since and my property value is going up.

Poetx, my subdivision has been on the news before. Nice and quiet and right outside of RTP. But, a little boy and a girl got shot by a dude who was the leader of a division of a cult a few years back.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 01:02 PM

42. "oh, THAT neighborhood. i remember that story** well. "
In response to Reply # 28

** for me it's a news story. for y'all living there and in it it's current events.

>No, they don't. I live in Durham. There are 2 police
>officers in my subdivision. One is two doors down from me.
>The house on the corner was suspected of selling drugs. A
>black family with a father who was a bail bondsman lived
>there. They kicked that ish in like they were on cops. I
>watched that ish with some popcorn giving play by play to the
>neighbors.

funny you should mention. we got a durham cop who live up at the front of the development.

>Nothing but weed was found, but not too long after that, they
>moved out and a white family moved in. Nothing but peace in
>the neighborhood since and my property value is going up.

glad things have calmed down, there. this dude doing more than weed over here, apparently.
>
>Poetx, my subdivision has been on the news before. Nice and
>quiet and right outside of RTP. But, a little boy and a girl
>got shot by a dude who was the leader of a division of a cult
>a few years back.

that was some wild ish.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 08:48 AM

18. "this is crazy, glad your son is good"
In response to Reply # 0

..wrong place, wrong time indeed

....sounds like you guys are on tha money... they either trying to get Dan to give up his connect w/o actually approaching him, or stop what he's doing and protect his fam...

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:24 AM

20. "It doesn't sound like cops-- Do they drive foreign cars undercover?"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jan-22-15 10:29 AM by Atillah Moor

I've only seen that in Hawaii, but I read the details a above about Dan so I guess they're cops? They couldn't be dudes trying to rob Dan posing as cops? Because would that now mean their cover is blown that they've introduced themselves?

At any rather I'm glad your family is safe. That BMW part just seems odd.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

deejboram
25755 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:42 AM

26. "LoL dudes that Rob for dope don't hold 15min convos with witnesses"
In response to Reply # 20

They just kick in your front door on home invasion steez and take what they want

The homie got killed posing as a "yellow jacket" robbing folks for they dope

Also, DT use whatever cars they seize during drug busts niw because smart guys like yourself know DT don't drive foreign cars to do stakeouts

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:01 AM

29. "what deej said. they were really detectives. cops use seized "
In response to Reply # 20

vehicles for undercover shit.

this lil ass town got all kindsa unmarked whips. if they riding around in a grey charger they been made since they even turn in the main entrance.

and i can recognize them police polos w/ the little patch on 'em.

in reality, tho, my son (and everybody's sons and daughters) have to play the percentages. it is a very effed up game theory. but some dudes CLAIMING to be cops run up on you (cut you off with the car, jump out, flash something that looks like a badge), you have to assume that they are who they say they are. because if you react like they are NOT who they say they are and they ARE who they say they are, they can basically kill you.

this the shit that white ppl don't understand about black interactions with police. he moved too fast. he moved too slow. he put his hands up. he put his hands down. he reached for his pocket (where his id was). he didn't reach for his id.

^^^^ ALL of that shit has been used as pretext for blasting black ppl (and others as well, but the numbers are what, 30 times higher for us?)

if my son got stopped by 2 dudes claiming to be cops who were not, he would have been in the same amount of danger as if they were real cops (ie, death is on the table). so he would have to comply, unless they did something that was REALLY out of pocket.

and he called us as soon as the interaction was over.

for our girls, our instructions are a bit different. we tell them to make sure, if pulled over, they continue driving slowly until they come to a WELL LIT, PUBLIC SPACE. there've been 'blue light bandits' around here for years, either robbing or sexually assaulting women while masquerading as cops. that's a real thing.

also, when i talked to the dude i could tell he was actually a cop. and i know a good deal of the cops around here and could namedrop his chain of command if i wanted to. i was satisfied after talking to him that he was who he said he was, and that they were telling the truth about why they stopped my son.

that's why my demeanor changed when the cop said they were watching dan's crib. you make a stop at a suspected / known drug dealer's crib and cops is watching, then, yes, you getting on the radar. i'm just glad they cleared him.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Atillah Moor
Member since Sep 05th 2013
13825 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:00 PM

37. "I gotcha. What a double edged sword of a situation that is."
In response to Reply # 29

Their being fake or real cops doesn't even matter at all.

Everything looks like Oprah kissing Harvey Weinstein these days

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:22 PM

38. "except posthumously. yeah. it's crazy. some of the thought "
In response to Reply # 37

exercises in the wake of ferguson and ny and everywhere else. could they have done this? could they have done that?

>Their being fake or real cops doesn't even matter at all.

if they fake there's at least the chance of a conviction.

sad but true.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

MiracleRic
Member since Oct 21st 2002
45200 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:37 AM

23. "#crimingWhileWhite"
In response to Reply # 0

Let me sport my Air Hyperbole 2010s in peace. (c) ansomble

Building repetoires (c) spm since 1983

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:22 PM

39. "^^^ this. nm"
In response to Reply # 23

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

hardware
Member since May 22nd 2007
42304 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:40 AM

24. "POSTJACK: How many of you or your kids can indentify your city PD badges..."
In response to Reply # 0

forgeries exist, but can you spot an obvious one?

deejboram
25755 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:45 AM

27. "If they flash it for half a second how WILL you tell?"
In response to Reply # 24

I know I don't know

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:51 PM

40. "Reply #29. Game theory. "
In response to Reply # 24

pretty much got to assume they are legit.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

DaHeathenOne76
Member since May 11th 2003
29362 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 10:42 AM

25. "All of this is disturbing SO glad your family is intact"
In response to Reply # 0

I got irrationally upset at "fiddling with waistband" because if they (the police) werent more savvy/patient..ugh SMH

When you marry, your credit report stays the same. The only information on both spouses’ reports are joint accounts or those for which one spouse is an authorized user.

rdhull
Charter member
33133 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:04 AM

30. "those arent cops"
In response to Reply # 0

deejboram
25755 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:14 AM

31. "Can you call local PD and ask about a pending drug bust?"
In response to Reply # 0

To confirm the two DT stories?

Did they leave you a biz card?
Sometimes they leave them.

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 12:59 PM

41. "i ain't ask for a card. and really don't want one. ain't trying to be"
In response to Reply # 31

a witness or nothing like that.

when we were talking i pretty much nodded and confirmed when they mentioned ish they knew about him that i either knew or had heard.

and dude was pretty clear, between the lines, that weed wasn't they concern, but if it was moving to pills (and i agreed with him based on ish i've read about pills being a hop and a skip from heroin)... i was pretty much like, yeah. sucks for his kids if it comes to that, but there are other kids in the neighborhood.

henderson, nc, which is a couple towns north of us is HOT right now and has been for several years. surprised the hell outta me but we heard from folks who moved away from there. herahn all through that area. which is ill b/c i think about it on some country shit.

and it's here, too, (but i ain't think to the extent of cats slumped in they car in walmart parking lot w/ a needle in their arm -- THAT's crazy).

they also said they'd arrested him before. i left that out. on some dumb shit. so they've talked with him and got files on him and all that.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:15 AM

32. "more backstory on dan - a neighborhood kid OD'd in his "
In response to Reply # 0

basement a couple years ago.

kid was about 6'10". dan was friend w/ his pop from way back, when they played in h.s. together. (the family lived 2 doors up from us -- they've since lost their house and moved). dan was tight w/ the dad on some best friend type shit.

the son was around 19 or 20. bounced around some small colleges. baby sat for dan and his wife when dave and rocky were little. (this around the time i was coaching rec ball w/ dan and rocky and jj were on the same squad).

the kid's parents were pretty strict christians -- no drinking, no drugs for the kid. but the kid was diagnosed as adhd and had a prescription for that. apparently there was some friction in the household when the kid came home from college about what he could and couldn't do (you know how it is when the rules are different at school vs. at home?). either the mom or the dad gave the 'you can't stay under this roof and do xyz'.

dan told the kid he could crash in his basement.

fast forward a week or so...

the kid apparently went to a bar and was drinking. he took some of his adhd meds, off prescription, prolly had some weed, too. and supposedly (as we heard it from dan), when he got back to dan's house, there was a reaction btw the ritalin, the kids asthma (meds?) and the alcohol and he went into convulsions, vomiting.

dan called 911, tried to give cpr, etc. they rushed the kid to the hospital. but he had lost too much oxygen. he was in the hospital a long time. and when he was released this really nice, affable, polite young man could only sit in the corner and smile and drool.

the family never forgave dan for that (which messed him up because he saw himself being helpful and was legitimately traumatized by what happened to that kid, but, of course, not more so than the parents were). medical bills and other stuff (they were already on the edge, financially) mounted and they got foreclosed on.

ALL of our kids got read the riot act after that regarding our rules being our rules for a reason, and went all the way into all of the reasons that was such a messed up situation.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Tiggerific
Member since May 24th 2007
13451 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:18 AM

33. "RE: more backstory on dan - a neighborhood kid OD'd in his "
In response to Reply # 32

Damn. Makes me hope that the cops get off this low key detective shit and kick in his door.

"We don't make mistakes, we just have happy little accidents" - Bob Ross

"I'm wearing a MSU Tshirt because I went to MSU, you are wearing a UM Tshirt because you went to Walmart!" -unknown.

http://bjsquirrelchronicles.blogspot.com

deejboram
25755 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:24 AM

34. "Sounds like Dan is a class act, huh?"
In response to Reply # 33

queenie
Member since May 02nd 2003
4669 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:41 AM

35. "wow"
In response to Reply # 32

It's plenty of money to be made
from Candler Road to Bankhead
It's plenty of room to get paid
for those that ain't scared

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 11:58 AM

36. "now that i think of it, at least 4 kids in the neighborhood that i"
In response to Reply # 0

know who smoke weed and all of them have a connection to dan.

JT - mixed kid. lives w/ his mom way up at the top of the development. ALWAYS been in some ish. think he got sent away to military school for a semester or somethin.

Logan - crazy ass white kid. he legit seemed on some substance abuse shit from before dan was really out there. prolly used to drink since middle school. brooding, loner, weird type cat. then he went away to the military and we were like, GREAT, train this crazy mfer who is always high how to kill.

earl - black kid. lives up the top of the street. near the park. crazy/weird (my oldest kids' descriptions of him). went to a birthday party of his once. his mom kept him on CRAZY high doses of adhd meds. like zombified type shit. had a crush on our oldest daughter who just graduated college last year. cops came to the crib looking for him one time around 5 yrs ago, b/c parents ain't know where he was and there was a txt msg to our daughter in his phone. NOPE. don't know where he at. he's nowhere near an athlete (so dan's offers of coaching and recruiting hold no weight), and he started frequenting dan's garage a few years ago. ohh, around the same time he started smoking a lot of weed. matter of fact, this was not too far removed from when the cops was looking for him. he went away to the military, too.hasn't been back yet.

sirish - indian kid. lives 4 houses down from us in the other direction. same age as my son who is a freshman in college. he and his sister used to be in the streets ALL the time when they were little. mother and father worked multiple jobs and were hardly ever home and they let the neighborhood raise them. used to hang w/ JT heavy. he started selling weed around junior or senior year in h.s. - he posed to be at ECU w/ my sons. i ain't een have to tell them. they keep it strictly 'hi and bye'. he got busted at LEAST twice. shit. now that i think of it, after his pop moved out, there was an OD at his crib a few months ago. pills. mannn.

yeah. more i think of it, this is pretty bad. i mean, prolly pretty typical suburbia. but still, pretty bad.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

labcoat
Member since Jun 15th 2006
14585 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 01:34 PM

43. "the military is the answer down there huh?"
In response to Reply # 36

--------------
Daren, I'll never forget you
http://www.fayemurman.com/extras/magee/daren/

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Jan-22-15 03:06 PM

45. "and that anthony mackie poast - my son got kinda half dreads. "
In response to Reply # 0

i line him up and taper the sides and back, and they kinda stand up on top in a crown.

my oldest son (the one who created the app and has launched a business while in college) got shoulder length dreads/twists. he keep his neat and business like.

but for real, ppl dont be drawing the distinction.

but the kids that be in and out that house be on some skater boy ish.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Wed Feb-11-15 04:09 PM

46. "update: WHY THERE'S 10 SQUAD CARS UP THE SKREET?"
In response to Reply # 0

in other words, it's going down right now.

i went w/ my wife to a drs appointment, and we stopped at starbucks to chill for a few on the way back.

my son (jj1) calls my wife. she thinking he just being busy and wanting to know when we coming back. he opens up with

"the cops are here"

i got to have a talk w/ that bol. them words don't have no business coming out your mouth. the proper phraseology for the circumstance is, "there are over 20 cops UP THE STREET at mr dan's house".

the wiz was like, lock the doors, stay inside, we on the way.

feel bad for the boys, especially the youngest one. (the oldest one prolly has some involvement, but i still feel bad.).

on the other hand, i was wondering when this was gonna go down.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Wed Feb-11-15 04:33 PM

47. "even if you're on the periphery u could get caught up "
In response to Reply # 46

that's what's scary about it to me as a father. My kid could just be hanging out with some bad boys, but not really be involved, but police aren't looking for the subtleties of the situation when they're kicking in doors, pulling guns and making arrests.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Wed Feb-11-15 04:56 PM

48. "EXACTLY. i explain that to my kids on the regular. but sometimes"
In response to Reply # 47

showing is proving.

this is some shit, though.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Wed Feb-11-15 05:05 PM

49. "oh wow. he wasn't home yet. he just pulled up and now they "
In response to Reply # 0

patting him down in the street.

so that means they were there already searching all this time.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Wonderl33t
Member since Jul 11th 2002
21405 posts
Wed Feb-11-15 05:13 PM

50. "Jeez...stay strong, there."
In response to Reply # 0

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Feb-12-15 03:51 PM

51. "we good, thanks. "
In response to Reply # 50

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Thu Feb-12-15 03:55 PM

52. "after all that he only got charged w/ simple possession (?!!??)"
In response to Reply # 0

of weed.

seems like a hellafied waste of resources OR there's some other ish going on.

there were literally 15 to 20 cop cars parked from his cul de sac and then up and down the street in two directions. cops was at and in his crib for about a full hr before he got home.

that's just very very odd.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

Lobby General Discussion topic #12705136 Previous topic | Next topic