Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12702458

Subject: "In '99 the King family convinced a jury the state was in on his death" Previous topic | Next topic
rawsouthpaw
Charter member
15496 posts
Mon Jan-19-15 04:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"In '99 the King family convinced a jury the state was in on his death"
Mon Jan-19-15 04:10 PM by rawsouthpaw

Fun fact of the day: in 1999 the King family secured a widely ignored jury decision affirming their belief that Dr. King (who by 1968 Noam Chomsky reminds us in his view on the killing King was well into his dangerous anti-classist work) was killed in a conspiracy involving the US government. From the family's site: http://www.thekingcenter.org/assassination-conspiracy-trial#sthash.9dnqgZQn.dpuf

"The jury was clearly convinced by the extensive evidence that was presented during the trial that, in addition to Mr. Jowers, the conspiracy of the Mafia, local, state and federal government agencies, were deeply involved in the assassination of my husband. The jury also affirmed overwhelming evidence that identified someone else, not James Earl Ray, as the shooter, and that Mr. Ray was set up to take the blame. I want to make it clear that my family has no interest in retribution. Instead, our sole concern has been that the full truth of the assassination has been revealed and adjudicated in a court of law..."

Oh and here's an audio slideshow you might enjoy I made and combined with Blackalicious's "Making Progress" that shows LA high school students a much broader representation of his work - https://vimeo.com/2892265

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Thanks for posting this.
Jan 19th 2015

Meadow
Member since May 05th 2012
1160 posts
Mon Jan-19-15 06:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Thanks for posting this."
In response to Reply # 0

-------------------
'Some have lives that haven't gone the way they planned, and some are trapped in situations they can't stand...'

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby General Discussion topic #12702458 Previous topic | Next topic