Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12701938

Subject: "Body camera footage of officer-involved shooting in Draper, Utah" Previous topic | Next topic
DavidHasselhoff
Charter member
11451 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 03:30 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Body camera footage of officer-involved shooting in Draper, Utah"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NmFpzb5SGA#t=1232

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
@17:30 The episode marks Utah's third homicide of the year;
Jan 18th 2015
i cant believe he ran for the car. impressive.
Jan 18th 2015
what did I just not see?
Jan 18th 2015
you know what I think will start happening now?
Jan 18th 2015
its comin' right fer us!
Jan 18th 2015
exactly
Jan 18th 2015
      the story totally sounded that
Jan 18th 2015
police reports are pure fiction. that burns me. it needs 'investigating'...
Jan 18th 2015
That went from 0 to 10,000 real quick
Jan 18th 2015

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 04:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "@17:30 The episode marks Utah's third homicide of the year;"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jan-18-15 04:42 PM by bentagain

all have been police shootings

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Deadzombie
Member since Aug 21st 2008
13358 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 04:46 PM

2. "i cant believe he ran for the car. impressive."
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79618 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 05:24 PM

3. "what did I just not see?"
In response to Reply # 0

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 05:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "you know what I think will start happening now?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a really good friend who is a sheriff out here in Cali. Grew up with this guy. Lived 4 houses down. His older brother joined LAPD and he always wanted to be a cop because of his brother.

He always has crazy stories. Might be about him arresting someone we went to school with. Or about the lazy, shitty, racist cops he works with. He told me how during training they showed him to racially profile. Or certain cops constantly come in drunk. So they go park some where and sleep while others cover for them.

I remember one story he told me. It was the middle of the night and back up was called. He reports to this huge empty field. Basically a cop was trying to make a traffic stop but the car never stopped. A small chase starts. After a few minutes it turns into a foot chase. So now there are half a dozen cops going through a field with grass knee high in the middle of the light and only flash lights to help them see. He says they are all walking a straight line about 10 yards apart. The guy next to him shines his light on my boy. My boy looks at him and this guy is pointing down. My boy says the suspect is curled up in a ball trying to hide in the grass. Next thing he knows the other cop yells STOP RESISTING! then busts him on the side of the head with his flashlight and starts kicking the shit out of him.

This wasnt the only time he said that shit happened. Whenever a cop wanted to beat the shit out of a suspect they yelled STOP RESISTING! loud enough for other cops to hear it. Now even if you didnt see anything you heard the cop give a warning to the suspect and it goes in your report.

Now with regards to the cameras I mean anyone with common sense knew this is what footage of altercations would look like. There is no way to tell here if the cops life was in danger or not. But all they have to do is throw out some key phrases during the scuffle to help them out. DONT TOUCH MY GUN! Or something similar. I mean the stop resisting stories I have been told have continued through 3 different departments with my boy. Shit his brother who did 15 years with LAPD said the same thing happened there.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 06:02 PM

6. "its comin' right fer us!"
In response to Reply # 4

RobOne4
Member since Jun 06th 2003
56697 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 06:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "exactly"
In response to Reply # 6

it seems like some shit that would only happen in a sitcom or cartoon.

November 8th, 2005 The greatest night in the history of GD!

GriftyMcgrift
Member since May 22nd 2002
20414 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 06:08 PM

9. "the story totally sounded that"
In response to Reply # 7

like if i was a rookie cop and witnessed that. id think i was getting hazed

Deadzombie
Member since Aug 21st 2008
13358 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 06:06 PM

8. "police reports are pure fiction. that burns me. it needs 'investigating'..."
In response to Reply # 4

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Sun Jan-18-15 06:02 PM

5. "That went from 0 to 10,000 real quick"
In response to Reply # 0

Camera is of no help when we can't see what the hell happened.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12701938 Previous topic | Next topic