i'm tired work is nuts but my boss is happy w/ me. and i'm glad she's happy because she's the boss i wish i had 8 years ago. i've learned a ton in the short time i've been here and it would be great to move myself into the tiny world of black real estate developers in nyc
i'm grateful for a 3 day weekend we're annoucing the #DAF9 lineup today i locked in some dj dates at a local bar that i like and i may be doing a sexy REAL speakeasy again soon
tonight i'm doing some recon work tomorrow i'm getting an ear piercing and the makossa fam will be reunited sunday and monday i will be prepping for Ace Hotel!
this Monday is all music from Detroit. it's going to be fantastic!
2. "New Orleans next week woohoo this mama needs a break!" In response to Reply # 0
It is for a work conference but hey I will take what I can get! 3 days of not having to get 3 kids dressed and buckled in for school. Oh and the sleep I may get in a bed all to myself no feet kicking me, no child feeling around for my boob so they can eat. And the food oh the food. I won't have to share and I can eat while my plate is still hot! LOL. My kids are growing up too fast. WWIII had his 4 month appointment this morning, my middle child Elena turns two in a month and is such a little leader at school, and at 3 Juliana acts like a teenager. Her current obsession is ballet and watching videos on youtube. No cartoon ballerinas she wants real live people. Big girl bed shopping for my little gals because they keep climbing out their cribs and I am afraid someone is gonna break their neck or arm or leg. Also cleaning the house and getting things in order for my trip. Gotta set the husband up for success. lol.
...last day of my 2 week babysitting stint. finally. i mean it actually went pretty quickly but i got shit waiting for me to do back home. my brother and i got some plans to put into action, starting with rehearsals.
...my son is starting to really form complete sentences and clear thoughts. its so cool watching him grow in all aspects.
I'm trying my hardest to stay motivated and positive about life.
I am going to get my health coaching certification in three weeks. This will allow me to get some other parts of my business off the ground. I am also going to a branding workshop which will help me be able to sell myself a lot better.
with me and around me. 4 full months into my elevated gig. it's definitely been a challenge, and with everything that's happened...i still feel positive about it all. my team is awesome and aggravating and we've been kicking ass so far. i hope it continues.
this weekend is laundry, hair, mini road trip (yes, you'll have the house to yourself) and the sims 4. #selflove
shout out to the car gods who've been testing me these past few weeks/months!
11. "RE: Positive Friday" In response to Reply # 0
- my grandmother is being discharged from the hospital next week! we thought we were gonna lose her. i'm so happy
- finally saw the apartment this AM. it's so amazing. i cannot WAIT to make it home. i'm still giddy.
- about to turn up with the besties skiing this weekend. glad we're reunited. should be a wine-fueled hilarious time
- we have way more work than we have hours to do it in. we complain/cry about the pressure, but it's a great financial position to be in. i just have to shift my mindset 'round it. we're a year old and drowning in work. that's a good problem to have. just gotta outsource some of it, which burns me to my core lol.
- this migraine aint gone tho... it needs to be. asap.
12. "i was anticipating a horrible week but it turned out great" In response to Reply # 0
i thought i lost something important at the library (again!) but some kind soul handed it in! glad to have my thing back, but also gestures like that go a long way to restoring my faith in humanity. Also snagged a free wall planner - so minor but free is free, and it was the last one lol
i also thought i hadn't done enough studying over xmas break, but my profs said i'm way ahead of where i should be.
a project with a BIG institution that i thought had fallen by the wayside is still rolling & they are still finding a way for me to be involved.
getting more radio stuff coming my way. it still makes me a bit nervous but i'm enjoying it.
i got free tickets to London Art Fair next week!
finally having our work post-xmas party tomorrow, and i'm looking forward to it - though i'm gonna take it easy. have a good weekend everyone xx