Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12696581

Subject: "I'm wondering if I might be a sex addict." Previous topic | Next topic
zombiechick
Member since Aug 03rd 2011
60 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 07:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I'm wondering if I might be a sex addict."

This past year kinda ran out on a sour note and the new year's stresses have had me trying to take stock of things I guess.

I've been poly (past)

I've been a cheater (deeper past)

Now I'm single unapologetically so

Maybe I wouldn't take issues with my exploits if I was a guy but I don't know. I don't feel sad or disgusted with myself. But I do wonder if my partners would feel a way about all of it.

I'm not looking for support or ire or condemnation or hand claps. Just looking around and trying to figure out if I need to put myself on the shelf.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I doubt it, but then there are worse things in this world you could be
Jan 12th 2015
has it become a distraction to you living your life?
Jan 12th 2015
It can... become a distraction
Jan 12th 2015
      the day you decide to gett butt naked...
Jan 12th 2015
You can take quizzes to help determine if you are or not
Jan 12th 2015
Go to a meeting
Jan 12th 2015
watch the movie
Jan 12th 2015
Hi Beholdme
Jan 12th 2015
Are you waking up next to strangers?
Jan 13th 2015

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 07:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I doubt it, but then there are worse things in this world you could be"
In response to Reply # 0

I get that you've prolly done some way out crazy ass shit, but that's no reason to beat yourself up over it. I've done a lot of shit in my day and all I do is look back like "Damn... I really did that shit... Wow" and I keep moving forward.

Do I love sex? You bet. Do I think about it a lot? Hell fuck yeah. Is it getting in the way of anything in my life? Hell fuck nawl.

As long as it's not interfering with shit like your job and whatnot, I wouldn't consider you an addict. You're just a freak.

Benji
Member since Jun 11th 2014
140 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 07:55 PM

2. "has it become a distraction to you living your life?"
In response to Reply # 0

has it gotten in the way of work?

relationships?

have you not done things you would normally do during your day because you had to go sexy?

if not, you're not an addict. Just someone who enjoys fucking & knows what you want out of life.

when it starts pulling you away from living a "normal" life, then you should worry

But i tell all my patients who even think they might be a sex addict, that they should probably talk to a therapist first before they start self diagnosing or shaming/beating themselves up

zombiechick
Member since Aug 03rd 2011
60 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 09:14 PM

5. "It can... become a distraction"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm not letting anything major fall through the cracks but it's hard to realize I could be more productive than I already am.

I think I worry more about how others would feel if they knew the extent of my appetite

PoppaGeorge
Member since Nov 07th 2004
10384 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 10:13 PM

8. "the day you decide to gett butt naked..."
In response to Reply # 5

... and walk into an adult theater to take all cummers...

... and do it again...

... and miss work 'cause you went and stayed there during work hours...

... Yeah... you might wanna get some help.

Otherwise, even a voracious sexual appetite is nothing to really get worried about. I think women get a little more worried about having a helluva sexual appetite 'cause your "not supposed" to.

>I think I worry more about how others would feel if they knew
>the extent of my appetite

---------------------------

forcing myself to actually respond to you is like bathing in ebola virus. - Binlahab

Like there is stupid, and then there is you, and then there is dead. - VAsBestBBW

R.I.P. Disco D

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 08:01 PM

3. "You can take quizzes to help determine if you are or not"
In response to Reply # 0

Then I again took three of them and they all said ... so their validity is suspect.

In all seriousness I think you have to ask yourself if your sex life is chewing up your free time or your occupied time, and it's part of your being or consuming your being.

Like are your non-sexual relationships thriving? Friendships, family, etc?

Are you enjoying yourself or just going through the motions? Do you find yourself putting yourself at risk in any way? Are there other vices associated with your sex life, whether they be behavioral (manipulation, deceit) or chemical (drugs and shit)?

These are the key questions. If you just like fucking or thinking about fucking, that's normal. If you do it a lot, that should be normal (IMHO). But if it's an impediment to your health and well-being, that's another story

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

ToeJam
Charter member
2102 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 08:48 PM

4. "Go to a meeting"
In response to Reply # 0

https://saa-recovery.org/

JellyBean
Charter member
16875 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 09:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "watch the movie"
In response to Reply # 0

thanks for sharing...

it had me thinking I was a recovering sex addict...

"Holier than thou never sits well with me."(c)janey

"OKP spends way too much time looking for ways to be offended." ~legsdiamond

http://twitter.com/jeleighbean

Binladen
Charter member
14123 posts
Mon Jan-12-15 09:43 PM

7. "Hi Beholdme"
In response to Reply # 0

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79513 posts
Tue Jan-13-15 09:52 AM

9. "Are you waking up next to strangers? "
In response to Reply # 0

Are you smashing dudes in parking lots who you met at Starbucks?

If not, you prolly aren't a sex addict... prolly just like attention.

Lobby General Discussion topic #12696581 Previous topic | Next topic